User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

As well you now need a passport to cross by land or by air so if you are only going to shop adding in the cost of the passport pictures and the passport tops it up a bit.

It's about a nine hr drive(with conservative stops) from Edmonton to Great Falls as long as there is not too long a wait at the border. Coutts is where you cross and normally it is not too bad for waits.

But unless you know someone in the area or have plenty of drivers, it also involves an overnight stay as it is pretty hard to drive down, shop, and get back in one day. Pretty much impossible as if I recall their stores do not stay open terribly late.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I think its not just about the shopping either. I love road trips and going cross-border for some shopping and maybe one or two nights stay would be a good break from your old routine.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Yes it is more about the trip for me too.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I head down to Montana all the time. Kalispell is great and the Roosville border crossing is always quiet.

I stock up on consumables at Walmart. With the cheaper prices on nearly everything plus no tax we save a ton of mone. Even if an item is the same price here the no tax thing still wins in the end.

Great Falls is not as good for deals because "everyone" from Alberta goes there and they know that!

I also recommen Missoula, last summer I outfitted 3 teenagers in 2 pairs of running shoes each (all name brand) for $25!

You just have to know where to look!

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

all I can say is WOW you sure got some bargains....clothing seems to really be a bargain! Thanks for all the tips ....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The only thing about Kalispell is that it is in the mountains and right now it is high season so hotel rooms are pricey. In fact d/h could not find one for less than $90.

They will be better priced in the fall.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

You just have to know the area and where to look for rooms. If you go on hotwire you can pick up rooms for $52 a night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information