User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

So we were just at Sobeys where they have b1g1 on cases of coke products.

If i had 4 cases - then 2 were free from the store deal - and i tried using a coupon from icoke that was b1g1 free on cases of coke for the two I was paying for, making one of those free.

So out of 4 cases - 2 would be free from the in store promo, 1 would be free from the b1g1 coupon and the other I would have paid for.

SHould that work? Because I tried earlier today and was turned down. To me that makes sense as I was paying for 2 cases so I could use my coupon on the two I was paying for.

No big deal, am just curious what everyones opinions are as I thought what I was doing was right!

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: icoke, Sobeys

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

No, because in order to get the two free you need to pay for two.
    *People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. There is so much confusion in this world because People are being used and things are being loved.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Maybe Im not explaining right .. I was paying for 2. I had 4 cases - 2 were free with instore promo and I was left paying for 2 cases of which I tried to use the coupon on

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

No it would not work. you need to wait for the store bogo to be over.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I think your right, coupons are a form of tender and how you pay for your first two is irrevelant. I have done it many times before on bogo items. Maybe you can try explaining it that way so the cashier can make sense of it. Good Luck!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

It was the last day of the say. No biggie and I dont feel like going back and arguing as thats not really my style. I was just curious as to everyones opinions since I was paying for 2 out of the 4 cases which would mean I could use one coupon on the two cases i was purchasing.

No sleep lost over it though Thanks for the input everyone

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You were right. Coupons are money and you were using a coupon to "pay" for the second case. IMHO

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think it should have worked. I used coupons when they had the ice cream on BOGO and did not pay anything. The ice cream was on for 4.99 and I had the coupon off the cereal boxes. I picked up four packages and gave the cashier two coupons. Paid nothing for the ice cream.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

For that Sobeys deal I ended up getting 4 cases FREE! Icoke had an FPC for a 12 pack available on there site, I ended up with two FPC's and used them with that perfect sale and BINGO

I also had a Pepsi 12 pack FPC and ended up with 2 not 1 cases of pop

so all 6 were free including tax

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

yes that waS the correct way to optimize the freebies... i would have done the same... but when your in a forum of people that coupon and it is even hard for some of us to understand ... well... you can see how a employee less informed on how coupons work might take issue... lots to learn for all of us
    Last edited by cheekysaver; Thu, Aug 4th, 2011 at 11:48 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I don't think it should have worked, though I get your logic!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I get the logic as well, but I'm thinking store rules wouldn't allow it... Would be pretty sweet however.
    *People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. There is so much confusion in this world because People are being used and things are being loved.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just used this deal yesterday at Sobeys in Kitchener, Ontario and it worked. My cashier rang in four coupons instead of three so we ended up with 9 cases of Coke for $11.28 (before tax)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

For me, I think it is reasonable for the store to expect that I would actually pay for one and get one free. That said, I would have tried to use the coupon, too, because there is logic behind what others are saying. However, like you debating it with the cashier isn't my style. I think it depends on what Safeway you go to. One of our local couponers in metro Vancouver says it works for her if she puts her order through using the coupons and then asks the cashier to swipe her card at the end of the transaction. That way, the "buy one" cases would automatically have come off the bill.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (85%)

It should be fine.

The store gets the money back for the coupons, so it is like you were paying for the item.

Let's say that you had a $2.49 coupon and there was a B1G1 sale for an item that was $2.50 - they would allow you to pay only $0.01 for both items, right? Of course, because they are sending in the coupon to get the money back from the manufacturer.
    I am looking for many fpc coupons and willing to trade gift cards - especially stouffers and fresh produce. The expiry dates must be at least 1 month away. I'm also looking for betty crocker, pillsbury, philadelphia, nexxus, $3 beef, icecream, beans. I prefer large trades but have few coupons to trade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information