User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    What's even sadder is when parents don't seek attention because they are afraid CAS will be called. My brother was always falling and cutting himself. He gashed open his leg. Should have gotten stitches, but my mom didn't take him to the ER again because she was afraid they would read too much into it. He's got a nasty scar because it didn't heal well. Imagine being so afraid of the CAS that you don't seek medical care when your kid hurts themselves!
    Oh that is sad It's tough because I think we have all heard horror stories about CAS, and so it does make you nervous to have to deal with them. But I think it has less to do with CAS as a whole and more to do with individual case workers, in a lot of cases, you know like maybe they aren't being as unbiased as they should be sometimes. I really don't know....but I can understand your mom's worry, when my youngest was 1.5 he managed to pull an electrical fireplace down on his foot and broke his foot, obviously I did take him to the emergency but I was worried about what they were going to think (why wasn't I watching him? etc.)....but I think it was more me feeling guilty...the doctor was quite nice about it all.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

So sorry to hear that happen to you it must have been horrible.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    Oh for sure. And I'm glad that they do check all situations out...they are there for a reason and can be very helpful at times. I guess I was just really surprised as to why someone had called them in the first place, because no one was even at home for large chunks of the weekend. But I haven't heard anything since then, so hopefully all is okay now.
    Nowadays it's hard to tell if someone is calling for good intentions or just because they are nosy and just plain don't like someone. It's a shame really because CAS just ends up wasting their time on normal households and not the ones that really need their intervention.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Well dont feel so bad when I had my son, he was born by c-sec(dec 21, 2201), I had a public health nurse come in to make sure he was fine after Christmas, well the stuipd @$%^& call them on me, said I was drunk and in drugs that I shot up. I was po'ed that day they showed up, I was in tear because of it. I even yelled at them to take me in for a drug test and they wouldn't guess they just wanted to find something wrong. They found out she was lying and I did tell the nurse to leave my place in not so nice words. I don't drink around my kids and never have done drugs ever in my life, lets see 2 week old baby and a 2.5 year old like hell my house was spoltless at the time and yeah I did have a pile of laundry to be done but like how was I supose to do it at the time when I lived on the 3rd floor and the laundry room was in the basement. Heck even right now my kids are 11 and 9 I still have liqour left over from new years eve this past year so tells ya I hardly drink.. And I had them here again this year with some idiot calling saying I had no food in my place my cupboards and fridge are always full so no way are my kids starving. I may be a single mom but I do the best I can and plus I have over heard my neighbours complaing that I buy too much grocries, no I don't I have two kids that are growing and my son seems to always be hungry. So now I don't let them in my house and ask while they are on my doorstep to see the complaint. then I tell them to go away, I know I don't have to answer them anyways.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaelmo View Post
    Well dont feel so bad when I had my son, he was born by c-sec(dec 21, 2201)
    The date made me giggle.

Seriously though, that is awful. I wonder if she was able to continue nursing after they found out she was lying. People like that mess up the system for those who really need it.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

guess thats what i get for typing at 3:30am here

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Wow, that is horrible. It always amazes me that good parents have these things happen and abusive parents get away with it. I went to school with bruises all the time and my teachers always turned a blind eye. We could have benefited from CAS and I wish someone had cared enough to call them for us.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I know how you feel. At the end of december someone called CAS on us, someone new moved in under us and thought we were beating our kids cause they were crying( it was bed time and they didn't want to go)so sher showed up asked me what happened. Then she looked at the girls and said they look happy asked them a few things and told meshe was going to close the case as everything looks good.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I was younger we had a neighbor call CPS on my mom. She said that my mom was leaving me home all day and night at 8 years old. It wasn't true and my mom had to talk to the police and I had to see a child therapist. The case was closed after that.

Also we had CPS called on us by my boyfriends ex-wife because she claimed we were beating my step son. When all we had done was ask how she diciplined our step son because nothing was working (we then named everything we had tried and spanking was one of them). Thats when she called. The case worker had her appointment with his ex-wife and realized that the ex was full of , called us and said she had no reason to do a home visit with us.

I would just be happy that the police are doing somthing(even though you are innocent), there are far to many cases where the police don't show up or don't show up in time!

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

I think that is really ignorant! I mean some kids can go through periods of fraustrating times(depending on the ages). When my dd was two i am sure she has cried a lot in two days for someone to think it was a full weekend,lol. I think that a lot of people just don't realize how hard it is to raise a child, i know a lot of people will argue with me but i am pretty sure that at one point or another, you have to let them vent out their fraustrations and cry quite a bit! Those who don't have kids think that they could do a better job,lol. I say be my guest!!
    Last edited by kris10; Sat, Aug 27th, 2011 at 04:02 PM.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kris10 View Post
    I think that is really ignorant! I mean some kids can go through periods of fraustrating times(depending on the ages). When my dd was two i am sure she has cried a lot in two days for someone to think it was a full weekend,lol. I think that a lot of people just don't realize how hard it is to raise a child, i know a lot of people will argue with me but i am pretty sure that at one point or another, you have to let them vent out their fraustrations and cry quite a bit! Those who don't have kids think that they could do a better job,lol. I say be my guest!!
    I agree. I know with my DD (who is two) sometimes nothing can stop her from throwing herself to the ground and crying. We've learned to wait it out, and after a few minutes of no response from us she gets up and resumes whatever it is that we are doing.

I have never had anyone called on us. I would hope that the system is strong enough to quickly weed through the cases and focus on the children that truly need help.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

People need to stay out of other peoples buisness.... If I found out who it was who called, they would need protective services.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaelmo View Post
    plus I have over heard my neighbours complaing that I buy too much grocries
    You have super weird neighbors, who complains about that? LOL. It's not like you're a hoarder and living in piles of rotting groceries.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashmaster View Post
    People need to stay out of other peoples buisness.... If I found out who it was who called, they would need protective services.
    But at the end of the day, they were looking out for the children's welfare. How many times have we heard about awful cases of neglect...some ending in death....if only someone had cared enough to call before....if only someone had "butted in" and called....although it's a pain and a waste of resources, better 10 false calls then miss the 1 that really needs help.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    But at the end of the day, they were looking out for the children's welfare. How many times have we heard about awful cases of neglect...some ending in death....if only someone had cared enough to call before....if only someone had "butted in" and called....although it's a pain and a waste of resources, better 10 false calls then miss the 1 that really needs help.

absolutley. if there really isn't anything then CPS will see that. if it means helping/saving 1 child, so be it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information