User Tag List

Thread: Air Miles

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Just noticed in the Sobeys flyer that Air Mile Redemption levels are going up after August 26th.

Now: 140 air miles = $20 Sobeys GC

After August 26: 175 air miles = $20 GC
    This thread is currently associated with: Sobeys

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Yeah, I'm not to happy about that. I hope I can get in one more redemption before the 26th.

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

Booo on Sobeys!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I don't understand how the air miles varies so much between Sobeys West and here. You can go into a Sobeys in Calgary and rack up an easy 100 air miles. Here it takes forever...doesn't give me much incentive to shop at Sobeys.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There's supposed to be something happening with Safeway and airmiles too! We're told to watch Safeways flyer -next week- for details.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jjwbuster View Post
    I don't understand how the air miles varies so much between Sobeys West and here. You can go into a Sobeys in Calgary and rack up an easy 100 air miles. Here it takes forever...doesn't give me much incentive to shop at Sobeys.
    I agree, it seems to take forever to accumulate the points from Sobeys I find I shop at SS more often b/c I can build up the PC points faster than airmiles.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sobeys out west, not sure how far out, give points like Superstore does. I sent them an email and asked why. They said another grocery store out west was already doing the airmiles so they had to design a loyalty program. I suggested they bring it east. With only two people in my household it takes me so long to get any miles. I do most of my shopping now at superstore or no frills, to get my pc points. they seem to multiply faster.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lmartin65018 View Post
    Sobeys out west, not sure how far out, give points like Superstore does. I sent them an email and asked why. They said another grocery store out west was already doing the airmiles so they had to design a loyalty program. I suggested they bring it east. With only two people in my household it takes me so long to get any miles. I do most of my shopping now at superstore or no frills, to get my pc points. they seem to multiply faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana'sMommy View Post
    I agree, it seems to take forever to accumulate the points from Sobeys I find I shop at SS more often b/c I can build up the PC points faster than airmiles.
    We only had Safeway, Liquor store and Shell gas as a way of collecting airmiles so it took forever to get any decent airmiles accumulated. I went on the airmiles site and signed up for a BMO Mastercard and an American Express card - cancelled my other crappy, no bonus credit cards. Both new cards gave me 1000 airmiles to start and I currently use them for ALL my purchases. Even bills - phone, water, orthodontist, vehicle insurance, etc. (Bonus on the orthodontist cause I pay with CC and I get my money back from insurance company) I am now accumulating anywhere from 500 to 800 airmiles each month! (Of course, you will have to pay off the card each month otherwise it defeats the purpose.) I haven't used my debit card/cash in almost 2 years!

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

I actually find Super Store has better deals than Sobeys, so I do most of my grocery shopping at Super Store.

Boston Pizza also takes air miles, I just found that out today.

Thread Information