User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

Hi everyone,

I went to the superstore on St Anne's tonight to buy Gillete Razors. They were on sale at Wal-Mart for $5.94 but I was at superstore so I thought I would just Price Match them there to save me a trip.

I was excited to see that they were already $5.94 ....phew, this is fantastic, no price matching needed. Well, when it rang through the first one came up at $5.94 and the second one was full price. So I asked why, they said the supserstore special was only for one, so I asked to price match the second one.

Very nice cashier I might add, went to go speak to the manager who said they could not Price Match more than one item, and since I was already getting one at $5.94 as their in store special that counted as the Price Match... they wouldn't price match anymore. Their new policy is only to Price match 1 item.

I didn't question it since I am newer to couponing, and thought I would check with the experts. In my opinion i didn't price match the first one that was the price already indicated by superstore....

Has anyone heard of anything like this?
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    269 (100%)

Yep, it's normal.

They have already "ad" matched to Walmart.

When they ad match, the white price sticker is highlighted in yellow and will also indicate the maximum quantity at that price and the price if you buy more than that quantity.

They can limit to one or more depending on the product.

By the way, they usually ad match everything that has a good sale each week (WM, Sobey's, Safeway, GT), but will also price match most flyers (Zeller's but not Price Chopper's as an example). That's why I rarely even go to the other stores unless it's something that RCSS does not carry.

Hope that helps.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I've had issues there and been told they will only ad match competitors(to be decided by them - Walmart, Sobeys, Safeway but not Rexall, Shoppers) AND would only ad match the front and back pages of the flyer ??!!(in that instance it was Walmart that I was pricematching to) It got to be too p(r)issy to me so I rarely go there any longer.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

Thanks for all the tips it helps. I will head to Wal-Mart tomorrow and just pick it up without hassle.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

i had this problem use so i got my dad to buy the other item ! lol thats how i solved the problme

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

well this is good to know. I hate it when they put limits on products. When I got to get even just food and I want to buy a few as my kids eat like its going out of style I end up paying full price because I want more. They use to be all about the bulk I am not sure what happend?
    COUPONSTIPATION: The inability to make a purchase now, because there is a coupon at home!!!
    Live in winnipeg? Save money and shop from home www.facebook.com/AvonwithNaomi
    www.facebook.com/winnipegcoupontrades

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

i would have just bought one and then grabbed another and gone to a different cashier

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

I wanted to use my $5 off when you buy 3 Gillette so I had to put them on the same bill. By no means would it have been free, but still less expensive than we normally pay.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get razors a little cheaper? Gillette and Venus?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Go to London drugs, price match and stack the coupons.
    That's if the coupons can be stacked.
    Breyden's, Lizzie's, Alexa's & Danica's Grama
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/[email protected]

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I find price matching at RCSS irritating. If the ad says "Selected Items" the manager says they will only Price Match the picture regardless of what the description below states.

So I do pretty much all my price matching at WalMart.
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers
    Join me at ClixSense and earn Paypal cash: http://www.clixsense.com/?4773591

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

How do you know if stacking is NOT allowed (at london drugs)..by the way, is this the only place that will allow coupon stacking? What exactly would the coupon say if it's not allowed?

Thread Information