User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to double post - I also have this in the 'request' forum. I just realized that my fellow Winnipeg'ers might be able to offer more suggestions - I am truly desperate.

I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge in this area. My 10-year-old son has been waiting since Transformers 3 came out to go see it - in 3D of course. Unfortunately, I am recently dumped and abandoned housewife, and I have had to completely uproot his life, moving him to a new area in Winnipeg, MB, and had to get Social Assistance until I can get us back on our feet. We are lucky to have enough money to buy KD or Ramen Noodles for food - movies seem impossible.

I see the movie has less and less show times and I am worried that if I wait to have the money for full-price tickets, it will be too late. He has been so understanding and never asks for anything... He has lost so much, asks for so little, and I really need help finding where I can ascertain a bargain on these tickets. If anyone has ANY ideas or suggestions, I cannot begin to express how much it would mean to both of us.

Franki
    This thread is currently associated with: Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

i have b1g1 free movie passes if that helps

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

This is not a quick fix, but there is the Scene card that helps you collect points for free movies. Signing up is free.

What about waiting for it to get to the cheap theatre? I traded for some $1 coupons for Cinema City and Kung Fu Panda 2 (3D) cost us $12 for my ds, my dh and myself.

M&M has a movie promo to exchange 8 tops for movie tickets. Perhaps you could trade coupons for the tops?
    Vous parlez français? Venez nous visiter sur www.rabaisextreme.ca!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie girl View Post
    What about waiting for it to get to the cheap theatre? I traded for some $1 coupons for Cinema City and Kung Fu Panda 2 (3D) cost us $12 for my ds, my dh and myself.
    I was going to say wait for the cheap seats as well. Then, you can go here (depending on what part of the city you're in):

http://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/The...Gillivray.aspx

http://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/The...Northgate.aspx

Click on "click here for instant savings!" for a coupon. The coupon is different every month, but typically there is one for admission and one for snacks. I love these.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Get the Scene Card as PrairieGirl suggested. Even if you rarely use it, a free movie every now and then is definitely welcomed! And see if you can trade PeachyKeen2007 for her Buy One Get One pass. Then you can try to scrounge up enough cash to buy one ticket to this one (Check couch cushions, car ashtrays, old clothes/winter jackets...etc!) and then your Scene card will help with next time around. If you bank with Scotiabank, they also have the Scene debit and Visa cards...the more cards you have with them, the faster the points go. I would recommend the regular Scene card and the Debit one for starters... The Visa might just start a whole new whack of problems...I know I dont need more credit cards just for free movies! :p

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I know that sometimes the free local paper (Metro, Lance, etc.) has coupons for CinemaCity it makes the cheap theatre even less expensive.
    Start earning SwagBucks here: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DanesMom

It's easy, it's fun, and it's free!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You should also know that Costco has kids and adult admissions for Silver City that save you money if you want two admissions, plus 2 drinks and a popcorn. I know the adult one is $24.99 plus tax. If you're normally paying $10.50 per person (adult), and then add 2 drinks and a popcorn, you likely save up to $10.00. I expect the child one is similar, but a bit cheaper.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

The child one is really good! It is I believe $9.99 and is good until they are over 13 years old... It includes a kids popcorn drink and candy concession also if you get the scene card for you and him ( because they only give you 100 points per visit ( need 1000 for a free movie) then you can both end up getting free movies at the same time! On tuesdays they are now having triple points days! So if you were to go you would earn 300 points - so you basically can get lots of free movies quicker!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

wow no one mentioned air miles rewards. if u collect miles (always worth it even if you don't shop at Safeway too much, lots of other places to use airmiles card too)

So if you have one they have a gift certificate you can redeem your points for 2 people and popcorn and pop for each.

Now the best deal I have found otherwise is to go on a Tues. Me and the hubs went recently to Polo Park Silver city. If you use the self serve kiosk and not the cashier you save $5.00 service charge per ticket I do believe. So its then about $5.00 each instead of $10.00 to get in AND you also get a voucher for a free popcorn and drink each!!! I would check out their website for more details or call them even
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsmewhoelse View Post
    wow no one mentioned air miles rewards. if u collect miles (always worth it even if you don't shop at Safeway too much, lots of other places to use airmiles card too)

So if you have one they have a gift certificate you can redeem your points for 2 people and popcorn and pop for each.

Now the best deal I have found otherwise is to go on a Tues. Me and the hubs went recently to Polo Park Silver city. If you use the self serve kiosk and not the cashier you save $5.00 service charge per ticket I do believe. So its then about $5.00 each instead of $10.00 to get in AND you also get a voucher for a free popcorn and drink each!!! I would check out their website for more details or call them even
    Yup, go on a tuesday AND use the B1G1 coupon and for $5 2 people into the movie with a popcorn and drink.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsmewhoelse View Post

WOW! I did not know this and my hubby and kids LOVE going to movies but I couldn't justify the cost. WOOHOO!! To tommorow being Tuesday!!!!! Thanks for the info

Thread Information