User Tag List

Frugal love
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Everyone! I just wanted to let you all know about my blog that I started last year. It's fairly unique and definitely a fun way to pass my time. At penniestoadream.blogspot.com, I started a race between 3 pennies. I posted each of them on kijiji to be traded up to something Bigger & Better. Once traded, I took the new item and re-posted it on kijiji to be traded up again. This follows the same game that Kyle MacDonald did when he started with a single paperclip and after 14 trades ended up with a house!!!
    After hearing about numerous others that tried to copy Kyle's journey with their own paperclip adventure, I decided to change it up a bit. That's why I turned it into The Penny Race. There are other things that I've also added to the game, such as contests, reviews/giveaways (on my other blog...but still connected to Pennies To A Dream), and the most important...an Incentives To Trade program where, if a person makes a trade with me, they will secure a percentage of the profits from when I sell the "final" items for cash. Come and see the 3 awesome items that I've traded up to already....each from a single penny!!! One of them is worth approx. $1000!!!!
    Please check out my blog and if you have time, leave a comment....I love hearing from new people. Any thoughts on how I can make the race better, or even the blog for that matter, would be appreciated. Just remember, The Penny Race is a social experiment and is the first time that this has ever been done (to my knowledge anyways). That's why I can be proud in the fact when I state that this is very unique. If there is something like this going on anywhere else in the world that you may know about, please send me a link, as I would LOVE to check it out. I'm a big fan of the Bigger & Better game.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by penniestoadream; Wed, Aug 17th, 2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: needed to link to the blog

Thread Information