User Tag List

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

Hey All!

There's a post in the main deal section about calling your service providers each year and getting a discount on your rates (cell, internet, cable, etc...). Has anyone here tried this? I am with Cogeco and our cable and Internet cost us nearly $100 a month!

Any tips?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

As long as your contract is up, you say you are switching to xyz's plan for new subscribers and would like to cancel but be willing to actually cancel if they call you on it lol
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

Thanks for the tip

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

It also depends on how long you have been with them, and if you're account is always in good standing.

But like stated above they may call you on it and just cancel you with no hesitation.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Recommend that you see what Cogeco's terms state about account termination or giving sufficient notice. You wouldn't want to be charged any other fees to leave the provider.

I noticed that PC Mobile sent out an email about its plans. Small print says that service is provided by Bell Mobility.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

We were tired of paying so much with cogeco and bell! It was over 100$/month for just internet/cable plus a 70$/month landline from Bell.

I looked around and now we're with Teksavvy for phone(landline)/internet about 70$/month including long distance, plus 36$/month basic cable through cogeco.

Love, love, love, teksavvy. Great customer service, and it's nice to go through the little guy and not the big guy.

As for calling cogeco to get a better rate- try it! When I called to cancel, it was like pulling teeth! They really wanted me to stay.. (no way dude!) If you are worried, just tell them that you are considering cancelling (because you don't watch alot of tv etc. etc.) they may offer you better rates or new offers.

Good luck!
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

;;;
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hate cogeco.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I went from Cogeco to Shaw direct. For what I was paying for digital cable with Cogeco, I get WAY more with Shaw Direct. They also have LOADS of bonuses when you start. I had to buy my receivers (no monthly rental fee) which was $90 for 1 HD digital box and one basic digital box. On my first bill, I get $75 off, plus I get $50 in free PPV movies (regular movies, no UFC specialty stuff) which was more then cogeco ever gave me. With cable theres really no competition other then bell, or shaw direct for satilite so you're stuck. When I told them I was canceling due to horrible customer service and more bang for my buck with Shaw direct, they said "ok, enjoy, cancelling today" Bell often tries to keep you, because cable offers faster internet service and cheaper home lines. I hate cogeco, I really do. I want to move out of Burlington just so I don't have to give them my money anymore lol

Thread Information