User Tag List

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Well let me tell you about my yesterday. It was fabulous. It started off by lucking in to getting the purex at Walmart DC afterwork yesterday. I hadn't planned on this deal as I prefer liquid detergent, but after reading some posts, I figured this would be great for my daughter. The thing is, there was actually about 12 left by the time I got there....whaa? So I got 6, yippee! Then on my way home I am checking my mail and "what's this?....I have a package?" My first cheerios towel AND a $1 off coupon for snack/bars. Thank you cereal you rock! Just when it couldn't get any better than that my trade came in with even better coupons for my beloved Garnier......bless you Janwaree . Ended my evening with dinner at Rocco's using up our groupon coupon bought last May. Lovely evening with DH.

But obviously "somebody" just doesn't think this is fair because today our roof is being ripped off to be reshingled, ugh, for not a bad price of 5 grand...right?. Right? I think so, but what I really don't like is "they" just discovered how rotted it is (here's to you original contractor 20 years ago ) because just like that it is now an extra $3000.00.

I'll get over it, but for now.

To add insult to injury, get this, its testament to the kind of life I lead, Roofers are banging so hard, so hard I tell ya that the nick knacks on my daughters wall crashed down, one landed on her laptop, and Yep , shattered her screen!! She called me at work so upset. That's okay though, its only going to cost $600 to fix! I wish they woulda told me.

Where are you roofer man?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by janne; Thu, Aug 25th, 2011 at 08:53 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Yikes !!! Had my roof done 3 years ago....$7000, but no rot...just shingles, etc...thanks goodness!!

Just think how nice and dry your stockpile will be now!

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

thanks Allis154, you put things into perspective

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (94%)

Oh Janne...That's horrible. I am always scared of home repairs because my luck always has something more has to be done....

Thinking of you today...too bad there wasn't a coupon for roofing. What Towel did you get???

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

Yikes lets hope you can save that in coupons this year kinda like money back

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I got the cherrios one with the honeybee on it Halifaxgirl. it 's a little chinsy , thin, but whatever!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (94%)

I got that one too. I thought or was cute but thin for sure...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

That towel, with thebee is so thin ...
    Considering the roofing job,,, even with the rot,, that 's still cheap.. I"d be asking the contractor, to at least pay 1/2 on the computer...no need to make things fall off the wall, or shelves. ( son considers that shotty nailing.)
    My son is a roofer, the first thing he asks is what time do ya all get up..being summer most say 8 ish.. He tells them he'll be there by 9 sharp... lol.

Thread Information