User Tag List

Page 359 of 966 FirstFirst ... 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 409 459 859 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Each, but there were $2 coupons on the Pepsi boxes.
    Last edited by operabob; Tue, Oct 2nd, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Interesting item in our paper today.

There's a full page ad for Safeway's 10% Tuesday but it also has notice for Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday for a B$75G$10 gift card.

In the small print it references multiple cards tied to the same address so it might be that the corporate spies on this thread are trying now to limit this.

Also, nowhere in the small print does it say anything more than "$75 on groceries" so what limitations there are can't be said. It would be good if you could purchase $75 in GCs and get the $10 but I doubt it works.
    My paper says this about the multiple cards tied to the same address: 'Extreme specials are prices that are so low they are limited to a one time purchase to Safeway Club Card Members within a household. '. So it doesn't say anything about the $10 saving card offer.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks a,
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OK, they aren't $2.50 but $3.14 so today$2.83/$2.30
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by operabob; Tue, Oct 2nd, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Also, they didn't have any Advil Night Time 40s in the store so the tellers gave me a rain check good for 10% off while giving me 10% off the remaining items even though the total was less than $35. (Couldn't do a pre pay as there weren't any to scan so the AMs will have to be recorded in the book on pick up).

The staff at Shelbourne are terrific.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    If you do the 10% tuesday deal with the cereal it is $11for 2 and the 10% takes it down to $10 for 2 boxes... you get the full cost back through the gas cards and if you have multiple addresses... like lets say 3 you can purchase 15 boxes and spend the 75 dollars to get the $10 gift card back. Then you get 300 bonus airmiles for buying 3 sets of the cereal. With the $10 gift card and the 300 airmiles ($31.50 value in AM) you end up ahead $41.50 because you stocked up. Just watch the dates on the cereal to make sure you can use it all before the best by date.
    I did just this. Thanks. Plus its 15% here so even better. Also got the $10 GC. But it has to be used next week when you spend $75. So depending on sales I might or might not use it. But still free cereal and AM's to help buy a GC to use for Best Western for Disneyland is awesome. I was so excited to see the gas cards on the cereal boxes!! Thanks again.
    Last edited by coley3; Tue, Oct 2nd, 2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: error
    cheekysaver likes this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Had to go to Oak Bay today and they had the Advil there so bought 6 x 40s = 100AMs. Had 6 x $3 coupons as well and I still have a 10% off raincheck if I want more later which I can use with an Entertainment coupon giving me 19% total off on $50 purchase.
    coley3 likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just did my deal... 10 boxes of cereal... 5 salad dressing....1 free cheese with the purchase of 5 dressing... 1 16kg bag of dog chow and 1 mr big bar to put me over the $75 after a $5 student union book coupon and the 10% took me just under the $75... lol i know i know a tough problem eh?... I spent $76 and I will get back $71 in gift cards and airmiles without that $10 gift certificate from the $75 spend. I call that a good day of shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    I just did my deal... 10 boxes of cereal... 5 salad dressing....1 free cheese with the purchase of 5 dressing... 1 16kg bag of dog chow and 1 mr big bar to put me over the $75 after a $5 student union book coupon and the 10% took me just under the $75... lol i know i know a tough problem eh?... I spent $76 and I will get back $71 in gift cards and airmiles without that $10 gift certificate from the $75 spend. I call that a good day of shopping.
    Where did you get the $5 student union book coupon?
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barato View Post
    Where did you get the $5 student union book coupon?
    Many schools sell Student union ticket books that are full of coupons. We got them at a local school... give a call to schools in your area and check out the book before you buy it. The coupons can vary from city to city. They sell for $20 here and the schools get to keep some of the money... inside there are coupons for tonnes of places.
    operabob and barato like this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Pretty decent shop today.
    5 boxes of cereal
    1 4L milk
    6 hand soap
    = $35

Earned 141 airmiles + $25 in gas cards
    Saved 51%

I also refilled prescriptions and earned 63 airmiles on $11.99 OOP.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did not do any buying--still trying to un-cram my freezer from last week's deals.
    But as I sit here reading the forums, while waiting for my AM's to kick in, an interesting question came to mind. I don't have a problem with AM's accumulating from regular purchases (which show up on receipts), but I have around 1,000 AM to be posted manually (due to use of rain checks, cashier foul up's, etc.), which I know would take up to 6-8 weeks to show up. Question is, since I have no receipts for these transactions (just an entry in the Safeway book), how do we followup if there is an issue down the road? Also will the AM's show up as an adjustment or will they be broken down as like original purchases (eg frozen food bonus)??

Just wondering what other members' experience has been.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Did not do any buying--still trying to un-cram my freezer from last week's deals.
    But as I sit here reading the forums, while waiting for my AM's to kick in, an interesting question came to mind. I don't have a problem with AM's accumulating from regular purchases (which show up on receipts), but I have around 1,000 AM to be posted manually (due to use of rain checks, cashier foul up's, etc.), which I know would take up to 6-8 weeks to show up. Question is, since I have no receipts for these transactions (just an entry in the Safeway book), how do we followup if there is an issue down the road? Also will the AM's show up as an adjustment or will they be broken down as like original purchases (eg frozen food bonus)??

Just wondering what other members' experience has been.
    In the book there's a section to check off if you wish to be called to tell you if the AMs have been awarded. I've never been called though.

I have emailed Safeway after time to have them indicate and they've responded.

I've also emailed them photos of the receipts and rain checks used and they've posted the AMs fairly quickly.

Thing you have to be careful with is you wait 6-8 weeks but you have to go back to the original date they'd have been credited in your online statement to see if they've been posted.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Friday Specials:

Whole Gold Pineapple 3 for $5 (limit 3)

Safeway Low Dose ASA (limit 3) $5 (I just buy regular and cut them in half. A Heck of a lot cheaper)

BC Mini Croissants (15) $5

Sig. Cafe Caesar Salad $5.99

Lucerne Ice Cream 2 for $5 (limit 4)

and the biggy (of dubious value)

New York Strip Loin $5 each steak (sold in packages of two = $10) NOTE: There is nothing about weight. This is a practice Wally World has been doing for some time but is the first time I've seen it at Safeway. I thought it was the law that these items had to list price/weight but is this another of the Harper government's changes. I dunno but I do know this practice is misleading when your used to checking the price/weight. It's almost a bait and switch and until you get there you don't know that the price might be $25/lb or something. Safeway you should be ashamed.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Safeway you should be ashamed.
    operabob likes this.

Thread Information