User Tag List

Page 786 of 966 FirstFirst ... 286 686 736 776 784 785 786 787 788 796 836 886 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,790 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I am looking to get some new credit cards for the bonus offers or sign up offer. Then once completed I will call and cancel. I have spent a long time looking lots of cards up etc. I thought I would ask on here if anyone has any luck with one they like or would recommend. I was thinking of the BMO with 3,000 miles but it doesn't look to good with the responses on here. I have never taken advantage of these offers before. Kept my same 2 cards for like 20 years. But hoping to do better this year. We will be going on vacation at the very end of 2016 or Jan. of 2017. So hoping for some free money more miles to go towards that. Thanks
    operabob and cheekysaver like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I am looking to get some new credit cards for the bonus offers or sign up offer. Then once completed I will call and cancel. I have spent a long time looking lots of cards up etc. I thought I would ask on here if anyone has any luck with one they like or would recommend. I was thinking of the BMO with 3,000 miles but it doesn't look to good with the responses on here. I have never taken advantage of these offers before. Kept my same 2 cards for like 20 years. But hoping to do better this year. We will be going on vacation at the very end of 2016 or Jan. of 2017. So hoping for some free money more miles to go towards that. Thanks
    I really like the Amex Platinum Only problem it's not accepted everywhere. They usually waive the first year fee. I mean if your just going to cancel it right away who cares. I just know when it comes to bank accounts BMO is an utter fail. Back to my holiday good luck
    operabob and coley3 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today's Twitter deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    operabob likes this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Don't be too quick to cancel your cards, especially the free ones.

Your credit rating is based on the average of how you handle your cards. An idle card lowers the average.

I think only one person has been having a problem with the BMO card and if memory serves correct on the one that gives 3,000 AMs you have to spend a minimum before you get the them. I'm wondering if that's the problem. I've never had a problem with these sorts of cards. (Disclosure: I'm a BMO Shareholder).
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Your credit rating is based on the average of how you handle your cards. An idle card lowers the average.
    I should be clearer, an idle card helps to lower your credit score which in turn increases your credit rating.
    coley3 and cheekysaver like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

cheekysaver likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Thanks guys on the feedback of the cards. When my hubby and I got our mortgage he couldn't believe I had a better score than his. Mine is flawless. Comes from being a stay at home Mom and having no money to spend on things. Lol. I didn't realize that holding cards would help the rating. I remember like 15 years ago my hubby had other credit cards and we were not going to be approved for our mortgage because even though they sat unused, the bank still looked at them as debt (as we could spend the credit limit at any time). So he did have to cancel some of those cards so we could initially qualify. Just assumed that having open unused credit cards would be bad. My score can't get any better. But definetely don't want it to start going down. I am going to try 1 at a time and see what happens. I might be leaning a bit more towards the Scotia bank momentum card because its cash back is 4% on groceries and gas. But I love myself some Airmiles. Not for flying as I can't seem to find flights without layovers. But for hotels and car rentals.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm waiting for 3000 miles for the bank account day #75/60

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    I'm waiting for 3000 miles for the bank account day #75/60
    Haven't received mine yet.. not quite at 60 days since I made my first debit transaction - another week to go.

Ron.

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Safeway: Jan.22-Jan.28, Spend $50 Get 50AM with coupon

The flyer says, "Look for our new (Safeway/Sobeys) flyer coming on January 29th"
    "... Coming January 29th Lower Prices ..."

Hmmm, I wonder ...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ClipClap View Post

The flyer says, "Look for our new (Safeway/Sobeys) flyer coming on January 29th"

Hmmm, I wonder ...
    Probably merging the two stores if it says flyer and not flyers. Better be a good flyer, cause that's the weekend I come home. Really not liking paying $6 L for milk on my holidays lol

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

One potentially decent one at Thrifty's starting today:

Colgate toothpaste Winter Fresh or Regular

B2G7 $1/$0.63

If you have coupons on these you are being paid to shop.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

A non Safeway win but if you collect Save-On points.

Yesterday the Market on Yates flyer arrived:

http://www.themarketstores.com/marketstores/promotions

Save-On price matches.

Until the end of today they have a B5G2,500 Save-On points offer that includes small boxes of Eggos @ $3.19 each.

Since the recent increases in prices of food the best I'm seeing around here is $2.50.

The Market is an upscale more expensive store. In fact it's probably the most expensive here but they have the Eggos on for $2 each.

Price matched at Save-On for 5 x $2 = $10, have the product and the 2,500 points gets me $15 off on a GC I get through Save-On.

Paid to shop.

Only problem is Save-On limits 5 offers/loyalty card or I'd definitely have done a food banker on this one.

Ends today if it works for any of you.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ClipClap View Post

Hmmm, I wonder ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Probably merging the two stores if it says flyer and not flyers. Better be a good flyer<snip>
    I agree, it had better be a good one. After the Sobeys/Safeway takeover, I've had good success by comparing the two stores' flyers and taking advantage of their differing bonus offers, until this year. In 2016 I haven't shopped at Safeway much at all , because their AM offers have been crap (at least as far as as my needs are concerned). I have been having good success at Sobeys, because a new store opened near me and they've been offering some good bonus miles at that location only, in order to bring customers in. So if they are going to start combining flyers, I hope they make it worth our while!
    operabob, engo and Lavender Lady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another week with a crappy email direct featuring compliments brand items. Do any of you even buy meat from Safeway anymore? I know I don't it has turned into complete garbage. Not to mention how all the produce is half rotten and 99% comes from mexico now. The bakery products seem to suck too, not to mention the constant lack of airmile deals.
    I knew Sobeys would ruin Safeway!
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Fri, Jan 22nd, 2016 at 07:28 AM.
    operabob and engo like this.

Thread Information