User Tag List

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Like Tree534Likes

Thread: So. I did it - I put my wallet where my mouth is and I joined Weight Watchers!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

You're crazy WOB! You have a smorgasbord going on with all that! Can I come over because we don't have a Thanksgiving dinner for another two weeks - it sounds like you have enough
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I honestly cannot believe it's been a year since this thread started. I totally forgot all about it. I never did join. Things just got busy and then we moved and DH went away for work. There was always an excuse not to.

As I was munching on a box of smarties today and came across this thread again, I thought "WTF am I doing?". So I bit the bullet and just signed up for online.

When I stood on the scale (first time in a while) I realized I lost 30 pounds over the summer. Most of it was due to my throat surgeries and not being able to eat, but still it's a start! lol. I definately dont want to gain any of it back considering I have more to lose so now is the time!

I will be officially starting tomorrow since I promised DD pizza tonight for Thanksgiving (although I will still track everything).

Thanks everyone for the motivation and the great recipes!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

What's with the extra points??? Those are just in you want to splurge right? You dont have to use them?

I'll be at my point count today even with splurging and having 2 slices of pizza tonight for dinner- might go for some Caesar salad too so I wont be craving it when I go full tilt tomorrow. lol.

Anyone know off hand how much a pepsi or coke is? Or should I just switch to Coke zero?
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We had our dinner last (Sat.) night. Met my personal dinner goals: 1/2 plate of veggies and bettered it with no seconds. I had two of those mini-cans of coke in the afternoon leading up to dinner and a chocolate covered strawberry and a cupcake for dessert. As far as snacking and dessert goes I could have done much worse...so I am happy. My husband however gave himself indigestion with a second helping of potatoes and gravy.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

yes the extra points are for a splurge, or to use a little every day. Personally I find if I use them I maintain instead of losing

Most cans are around 3 points

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/w...rs-points.html <- has most chain restaurants and the points
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Ok, so it's like last time I was on it. The extra points are a splurge but you dont lose if you use them (I found that).

Thanks for the link FP, looks great! Saved it already. lol
    ssbean likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    You're crazy WOB! You have a smorgasbord going on with all that! Can I come over because we don't have a Thanksgiving dinner for another two weeks - it sounds like you have enough
    Oh my, here it is after midnight and I am remembering back to the Thanksgiving dinner we enjoyed, and ...ahem....I will have some explaining to do to my scale.

Yes, alicia there was sooo much food on the table at one time, but then again we all have our different favourites so I hate to not put something out for everyone. I just don't get the mashed potato thing though...my gang wiped out a big bowl that holds maybe 20+ cups!
    Back to being good tomorrow! Are you American alicia? is that why your Thanksgiving is later?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I honestly cannot believe it's been a year since this thread started. I totally forgot all about it. I never did join. Things just got busy and then we moved and DH went away for work. There was always an excuse not to.

As I was munching on a box of smarties today and came across this thread again, I thought "WTF am I doing?". So I bit the bullet and just signed up for online.

When I stood on the scale (first time in a while) I realized I lost 30 pounds over the summer. Most of it was due to my throat surgeries and not being able to eat, but still it's a start! lol. I definately dont want to gain any of it back considering I have more to lose so now is the time!

I will be officially starting tomorrow since I promised DD pizza tonight for Thanksgiving (although I will still track everything).

Thanks everyone for the motivation and the great recipes!
    Welcome and congrats lola!! the more the merrier in here! Soon you'll be as happy as this cat!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Love that cat pic

Nope not American. My Mom always does Thanksgiving and they're gallivanting around Europe until next week or so. So we just pushed it back a few weeks. I didn't want to cook an entire feast for just the man and me

But it was still a high caloric intake day. I bought a Costco pumpkin pie because we hadn't had pumpkin pie in years. I've even scarfing way too much down, and it's just sitting there, taunting me, every time I to to get a glass of water. We also made a run to KFC (I know we're bad, and I don't even like KFC). We're in an eating poorly rut, we're just not motivated to cook, and I need to try to get the DFiance on the meal prep bandwagon. But you'd be surprised how picky he is. He's a husky guy so every one except him to be a "garbage disposal" (that's what we call my dad ) but he isn't, so it gets repetitive and then I can't make certain dishes I love. And I really dislike the idea of cooking different meals for him and I. So I think to delve into more spices and different recipes.

Ok, sorry for the huge rant
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Anyone up for a Christmas weight loss challenge? Not competing but not just the WW people either

I need some motivation to stay on track, we could try 20lbs or maintenance weight by xmas?
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am all up for the challenge FP. Since I am not WW or attempting to lose, I would love to attempt to maintain until Christmas. It is so easy to be "bad" a couple of times a week and then that becomes a habit and then that becomes a few extra pounds and in a a few months...well you get the idea. It is too easy for me to put on ten pounds. After two healthy pregnancies and recoveries I do not want to gain (I am 15 lbs lighter than before my first pregnancy...by no other effort than making healthy choices while pregnant and nursing).

I need motivation to keep building my good habits and checking in here is good accountability for me. I say to myself...do you really want to write a huge confession to SC WW thread about what you are planning to eat. It keeps the one bowl of chips as a treat, one bowl rather than the whole bag.
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Oct 8th, 2012 at 04:18 PM.
    ssbean likes this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I need a confession after this weekend... back on track tomorrow lol
    walkonby, ssbean and Granger like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'm totally up for a challenge. My goal is 20 pounds by Christmas anyway. lol. It'll be a extra incentive having this thread!

I need the support! I know DH will be ZERO help. Even last night while we were chatting on Skype and I was explaining that I joined WW, he opened a chocolate bar and started eating it. I swear if I could have reached through the computer, I would have strangled him! lol. I asked him if he even thought about what he was doing and of course the answer was "OMG, no. I'm sorry". GAH!!!

I have 14 points left for today and dinner will be 10 so I'll have 4 left for tonight's tv viewing.
    walkonby and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm down for a challenge Better amp up this running (and get a scale, LOL)
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

~ ~ ~

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm in Pix
    ssbean likes this.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread Information