User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am looking for some storage solutions for my bedroom. I am looking for something like a cabinet or a dresser even something like this
    http://www.walmart.ca/Home/Storage-O...Wide-Cart-Blue
    If I can find it at my walmart, and if it is big enough.

I went to Ikea and Walmart but both seem to be very over priced for what the material quality is.
    Any other places I can look?
    Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: IKEA, Walmart

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have one of those under my desk in my bedroom, it is great & holds ALOT. But not sure how well it would do with heavier products. I use the top drawer for personal items, hair dryer, deodorant etc. One drawer I use for paper items, notebooks, brochures etc. Then I have kind of a misc drawer.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Never a bad idea to try kijiji. Just put the pic under the Wanted section and the price you're willing to pay. You never know when someone has one that doesn't need it, but also doesn't know were to get rid of it Good luck!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks, will look on kijiji.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i don't know if this will work for you, but you can try under the bed boxes if they are appropriate for your situation.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10193376

i know it says it is for clothes, but it could be useful for other items that you only need once in a while, that way maybe you can free up some other space in your room for things you use everyday

ikea has lots of other boxes and bins
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

Hi, I have seen similar units at Canadian tire,Home Depot, Zellers and Real Canadian superstore. I personally have 2. One I got at Zellers for $12 its a 4 drawer and one I got at RCSS its a 7 drawer that was on sale for $19.
    If you are a little handy you could make your own shelves. Just pick up the brackets at home depot and use spare lumber for shelves. I had my hubby do that at our old house. I also use under the bed storage bins and in our closet I have bought 2 sets of those extend a rung things. It is basically 2 hooks on a stick and a rod. Hope that makes sense. I also use storage boxes stacked up in a pyramid. It looks great and no one knows the crap that is inside. Hope this helps.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Yes kijiji is a very good tip, I actually bought the same one as above (only mine is white) on kijiji from a student going back to their home country. Looked just like new. Paid $5. for it!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you don't mind doing a bit of sanding and painting, you can pick up quite large dressers for really cheap secondhand. Doesn't matter if it looks like crap because you will refinish it and the worse it looks the better because it will be less expensive. And it will hold far more than those weeny plastic things. My bedroom dresser is huge and only half of it contains clothes. The other drawers are filled with stockpile items. I got it for next to nothing but looks really good now, better than a cheap plastic thing that really doesn't hold much.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I would also recommend going second hand. There tends to be a lot of things posted in the Spring, but you may still find something this time of year. I have always had really good luck finding anything that I needed as far as furniture goes second hand, just be patient and make sure it's just what you want.
    Swagbucks is my first love!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ellemnop

Thread Information