User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

Expired on: Tue, Jul 23rd, 2013
    ok so im glued to my tv after all day of doing household chores, sat comfortably on the bed, grabbed the remote, flipped the channel and saw its kate plus 8 show finale (yeyyy!!!finally)...i saw a commercial "EXTREME COUPONING-sneak peak" i was like wow its back already...im nothing against that show and really really good to show others how they can save tons of money but for me it sometimes gives a wrong impression to others....i know show is not canadian but still....everytime i go grocery shopping and used few coupons i sometimes see people staring at me as if i steal or heard them saying wow extreme couponer.....
    what is thoughts about bringing this show back?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

i agree l wish they would take that show off the air.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

not going to lie - i saw a few episodes and thats how I started couponing.
    but i think that the show is more popular now then a few months ago and everyone is going crazy with coupons - people are taking whole tearpads, stealing coupons/pins out of boxes. its become outrageous

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Yep, get ready for another wave of the EXTREME COUPON NEWBIES. I have nothing against people who are new to couponing at all, what I don't like is that when this show airs, people rip entire pads of coupons from the display, clear shelves instead of pre ordering what they want and all the other coupon foepauhs (?) that go on. Everyone seem to lose there manners. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

Yea the ones that clean the shelves annoy me...leave some for the rest of the customers I agree that the stealing of coupons and taking entire tearpads is getting a bit out of hand...I havent seen a good tearpad in a long time.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Maybe this Is why I can't seem to find a single coupon.
    Last edited by hello_kitty; Mon, Sep 12th, 2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I agree ripping off the whole tear pads is really getting under my nerves!!!

On the other hand for the show i like to watch it. I would like to get a shirt or bag. something that is noticeable that says no i am not a extreme couponer, yes i have watched the show. please go to another check out i will be a minute. Have that on a bk of a shirt.... muahahaha. I really want to do it now lol

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

i agree with all of you.

I started couponing because of the show, it inspire me to save money.

However, I also had notice there are people who needs a lesson or two on respecting the "unspoken" rule. LEAVE SOME FOR OTHERS! If you don't need all the bathroom cleaner (how many bathrooms do you have?) then don't take it all.

I enjoy getting a few of the same things until the next sale happens. It keeps the fun going. I don't want to build my stockpile to the point that I can't buy anymore of the same stuff because there is a mountain of it at home... it's fun to do my weekly shopping.

And please, please, do not take peelie off the product if you are not buy them!!!
    Check out my coupon trading list...
    Sharing is caring!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

I keep comparing it to "trading spaces" -- everybody went through this crazy DIY stage where they all thought they could rebuild half a house in two days with 50 bucks or something.

Most DIYers quit pretty quick -- now there's a lot of contractor/professional shows again and the DIY stuff is a lot more manageable for people.

I'm hoping the coupon craze will blow over the same way; most people don't seem to have the time, or so they tell me.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

People don't realize the true time and diligence that most couponers put into their couponing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I did not really like the show, I watched it twice...I started couponing because I always watched my pennies...and this just came naturally when I saw a coupon insert that had some items we used a lot....I think of the coupons as piles of money....and that money is better in my pocket then in the stores. I also have to agree that other customers are a bit rude, you use a few coupons and they stare or make comments....they think you can't hear them...haha...funny thing is..its usually the people who have 20 or more items trying to go through the express....so they can't read the sign (1-10 items sign)......but the couponer is the weird one....I just laugh at them though...when they are buying a few things I am and I get it so much cheaper....
    Last edited by xKrazyCancuckx; Tue, Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:08 AM.
    Saved so far $585.49 since mid July 2011

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

Thats when I pass them a coupon....muahaha....you know they will use it

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Junky tv=my guilty pleasure. I LOVE this show, it's pure entertainment value. And I could care less if anyone makes comments to me,which hasn't happened yet, and if it did, I'd just use my usual not-dignifying-comments-with-a-response-thing. People in Victoria are pretty chill too.

I have got to add the entertainment bundle to my digicable package cause I can see it but can't watch it right now! Ah! That and Storage Wars, Princess, Toddlers and Tiaras, Saying Yes to the Dress, Cake Boss...love it all!

Follow me on Pinterest!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

It's made me mildly ashamed to bring my binder into stores. Which sucks because I always miss the good deals when I do this but I always get irritating comments. Even when I'm at the check out now I always hide my binder in my cart and just have what I'm using in hand. That and people buy a million of everything so it's always sold out, when I only want 3 and I try to go coupon shopping in the middle of the night so I don't get dirty looks.

We also have a local newspaper thief, not saying if they pay for each paper or not, or just pay and take every single one for inserts. But I know how many papers get delivered to each stand within walking distance from my house, and now when I walk to the box they are all cleared out during insert weekends. Then the next day I find ALL the papers dumped in our recycling bins.
    Last edited by PinkLincoln; Tue, Sep 13th, 2011 at 01:19 AM.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

I think that most people who start after watching the show think "hey, its going to be easy... I'm going to get $1000+ in FREE groceries every month". We all know how it really goes........

I'm still considered "new to couponing". I love to coupon and will never give it up. However, I had no idea the amount of time and patience(waiting for the right sale to use the coupon, etc.) would be required.

I think the show will fade and when the "hype" is over... the real couponers will still be couponing.....reading flyers....shopping with binders in hand.....searching clearance sections...saving money.... and loving every minute of it!
    Last edited by pumpkin9211; Tue, Sep 13th, 2011 at 01:45 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information