User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hi there, im posting this because myself being a newer member have noticed some things.

Sometimes newer members post coupons, freebies, flyer deals etc and either right away get questioned if its spam or get a not so nicely put reply that the title was as specific as it should be, or it was a repost.

I myself have done it and it was purely by mistake, even after doing a seach on keywords throughout that forum and the WHOLE site nothing came up.

It makes me not want to post some great stuff almost for fear that its already been posted somewhere at sometime and didnt show up in a search.

Im not even talking about me specifically im talking about a lot of members with <500 posts. Perhaps things can be stated more nicely or a pm saying hey great to see you posting and then what error was made. Ive recd one before because I posted my thing in a not so visited forum, the pm was polite and courteous, and I was appreciative to recieve it because lets face it theres a lot of forums and threads stuff can go.

Iono ive just read some that werent so nice not just a this is a repost kind of statement , everyone is entitled to make mistakes we are human. So thats just whats on my mind

eta. I think I even posted this in the wrong forum. haha.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have made my share of mistakes, and I'm sure I have more left in me. Please do not take offense to comments. I'm sure the intent is not to be insulting in any way.
    I do like the idea of the pm. Less public ridicule.
    Thanks for the good suggestion.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yea im not talking about any of my posts specifically for the most part people have been courteous, im just noticing it when im reading other threads or posts.
    theres always a worry when I post though that the wrong person might see mine and if its a repost get really mad haha.

I myself once had a thread reposted within 24 hours and just said I posted this in this section last night

I also notice a lot of people apologize as there posting it that there sorry if its a repost, ive done that a few times myself trying to cover my butt haha

rita heyworth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Hi there, im posting this because myself being a newer member have noticed some things.

Sometimes newer members post coupons, freebies, flyer deals etc and either right away get questioned if its spam or get a not so nicely put reply that the title was as specific as it should be, or it was a repost.

I myself have done it and it was purely by mistake, even after doing a seach on keywords throughout that forum and the WHOLE site nothing came up.

It makes me not want to post some great stuff almost for fear that its already been posted somewhere at sometime and didnt show up in a search.

Im not even talking about me specifically im talking about a lot of members with <500 posts. Perhaps things can be stated more nicely or a pm saying hey great to see you posting and then what error was made. Ive recd one before because I posted my thing in a not so visited forum, the pm was polite and courteous, and I was appreciative to recieve it because lets face it theres a lot of forums and threads stuff can go.

Iono ive just read some that werent so nice not just a this is a repost kind of statement , everyone is entitled to make mistakes we are human. So thats just whats on my mind

eta. I think I even posted this in the wrong forum. haha.
    Hey Sally, I appreciate your post - I agree with you, I think that a friendly PM is a much more effective (and appreciated) way for members to learn that they have reposted something.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I also notice a lot of people apologize as there posting it that there sorry if its a repost, ive done that a few times myself trying to cover my butt haha
    Done that....

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you Sally for raising this very important issue

I have zero tolerance to regular members giving new members orders or replying to them rudely. Moving a new member's post or telling them it's a repost is not acceptable. If you come across this situation please pm me and I'll take care of it.

Here are some threads with clear rules regarding this:
    http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/showthread.php?t=11115
    http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/showthread.php?t=15594
    http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/showthread.php?t=20609

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rita heyworth View Post
    Hey Sally, I appreciate your post - I agree with you, I think that a friendly PM is a much more effective (and appreciated) way for members to learn that they have reposted something.

But I'd rather I get informed about the situation and I'll handle it. Regular members shouldn't be pm'ing new members telling them it's a repost. Once a member becomes regular, you can then pm them regarding things like that.

Prue
    LOL I was just looking for that thread (the repost one!), you beat me to it!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thanks ladies and gents.

Ill pop over to read the links u posted boo.

I didnt know about the pm thing, but the one i recd was very nice

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know sometimes I've said to people "I think this might be spam" or "I think this was already posted" but since then I really stopped doing it coz noone listens when I post it anyways...

Another thing to keep in mind is on the internet sometimes things come off meaner than the person who said them meant it to be.

Sometimes the search doesn't work for me either.. actually a lot of the time it doesn't
    Don't you know they're lying when they're telling you it's been all right?
    http://cashcrate.com/389609

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I have posted if its a scam or repost..but only did so because I felt I was warning people of potential harm..I wish when I was first starting this, more people would of said.."Hey thats a scam"..I'd proballly get alot less junk mail...and win less lotterys
    *Note...will not do that anymore. and I am sorry if I hurt anyone as well

love me?
    Last edited by WandaJean; Thu, Nov 22nd, 2007 at 08:08 PM.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by WandaJean View Post
    I have posted if its a scam or repost..but only did so because I felt I was warning people of potential harm..I wish when I was first starting this, more people would of said.."Hey thats a scam"..I'd proballly get alot less junk mail...
    Same reason I do it/did it too...
    Don't you know they're lying when they're telling you it's been all right?
    http://cashcrate.com/389609

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh I definetely like being told when somethings fishy esp when its a freebie like that avon moms pack

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

LOL ... we make mistakes and sometimes make them again and again...
    wait till you join me in your second childhood - being new, I'll shall try
    to be very careful when posting.
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'

eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

hehe once i got a thumbs down AFTER i apologized for posting (and edited my post to reflect that) a deal that was not useful for canadians..grrrr! go new people...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information