User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I just moved myself, so I don't have anything to offer, but I live in a building and ppl dump furniture in the garage all the time. I'll keep my eyes open! Good luck. You'll be okay

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by quebecqueen View Post
    And I am taking 3/4 of my stock pile.. There is no way I'm leaving those treasures behind...

A true couponer at heart. We always think about the stockpile!

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    A true couponer at heart. We always think about the stockpile!
    I worked too darn hard for it AND I need the food.. For that stock pile I will call the lawyer Kidding of course...
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Just found this on Facebook, I have no idea of the price but it might be interesting.

http://www.mtlmegareusecenter.com/

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, quebecqueen. I have no doubt that you will come through this ok -- better than ok.

I don't have any of the things you are looking for, but I will keep my eyes and ears open for you. Also, there is an organization in Montreal called Share the Warmth. They are a non-profit group that picks up donations of used household items, etc. and sells them at very low cost to low income families (from what I understand). Here's a link to their site: http://www.sharethewarmth.ca

Keep us informed of what you may need In the meantime, I'm sending you a hug...

Silk

Laval | where things spelt backwards makes sense.
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

There's a Rummage sale at St Lambert's church http://stlambertunited.org/drupal/?q=node/220 located on the south shore at 85 Desaulniers Blvd. St. Lambert, Quebec. I've never been to that particular one, but others at other churches have usually had some good furniture for a decent price. So it could be a place to check out.

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

You Sc'ers are wonderful. You honestly are bringing tears to my eyes and warmth in my heart.

I will look at all your wonderful resources and hopefully will be able to find all the things I need. Now if only I could find an apartment!!!!

As soon as I tell future landlords I work from home and am self employed they cringe and refuse renting me the place... Telling me that being self employed is not a permanent job revenue...That happened 3 times so far.. One even told me that I needed to make a minimum of 30,000$ /year to be able to afford his rent of only 710$/month water and heating included.. So under his assumption with my current yearly salary I will never be able to move out!!!!

Looked at two places that where willing to rent me their places but I would not have even left my animal live in there.

But I'm trying to stay strong.. Thanks again to all of you... Big hugs
    Last edited by quebecqueen; Thu, Sep 15th, 2011 at 08:40 AM.
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Trading Score
    227 (100%)

I'm sorry you have to go through this, but I have no doubt you will come out of it stronger and more independent than ever before!

Another great resource you might want to check out is the website freecycle.org. I'm not sure if you've used it before, but it's a great site where you can post items your looking for and also offer items you wish to donate.
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

If you have a Desjardins credit card or life insurance, call them. They have a legal departement that you can ask questions to, no fee. Number is 1-800-caisses.
    I used to work there and the lawyers are there to give free legal advice for their clients.
    It never hurts to know your rights...

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wellan View Post
    If you have a Desjardins credit card or life insurance, call them. They have a legal departement that you can ask questions to, no fee. Number is 1-800-caisses.
    I used to work there and the lawyers are there to give free legal advice for their clients.
    It never hurts to know your rights...
    Thank you very much for the number.. But since we where common law, the only thing that we have to do is separate our belongings and that's it. The kids are my own ( not his) so I owe him nothing he owes me nothing. And besides I don't want to go there at all.. My freedom and peace of mind is worth much more than a 1000 fights over anything money related.

I just want to be free!!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

You should call the Regie de Logement. I don't think they can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by quebecqueen View Post
    You Sc'ers are wonderful. You honestly are bringing tears to my eyes and warmth in my heart.

I will look at all your wonderful resources and hopefully will be able to find all the things I need. Now if only I could find an apartment!!!!

As soon as I tell future landlords I work from home and am self employed they cringe and refuse renting me the place... Telling me that being self employed is not a permanent job revenue...That happened 3 times so far.. One even told me that I needed to make a minimum of 30,000$ /year to be able to afford his rent of only 710$/month water and heating included.. So under his assumption with my current yearly salary I will never be able to move out!!!!

Looked at two places that where willing to rent me their places but I would not have even left my animal live in there.

But I'm trying to stay strong.. Thanks again to all of you... Big hugs

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    You should call the Regie de Logement. I don't think they can do that.
    Did all ready. The only thing protecting a future tenant is if a landlord refuses you a place for a reason of discrimination. Against colour, ethnicities, religion belief, sexual orientation etc.. As far as money or credit is concerned it is the landlords choice..

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Wow, that sucks! I feel bad that you have to go through this. I was thinking maybe if you go to Sun Youth, they would be able to help you?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time right now quebecqueen. I don't know if you're spiritual or not but i'll say a prayer for you. I'm pretty sure that you'll come out stronger from all of this once everything is settled.

This new beginning will only make you wiser as life's many challenges sometimes does. I only hope that you come out on top,as i'm sure you will, and wish only positiveness for you, from here on out.

“I can be changed by what happens to me. but i refuse to be reduced by it.”
    -Maya Angelou-

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time right now quebecqueen. I don't know if you're spiritual or not but i'll say a prayer for you. I'm pretty sure that you'll come out stronger from all of this once everything is settled.

This new beginning will only make you wiser as life's many challenges sometimes does. I only hope that you come out on top,as i'm sure you will, and wish only positiveness for you, from here on out.

“I can be changed by what happens to me. but i refuse to be reduced by it.”
    -Maya Angelou-
    Thank you for your kind words...Very appreciated I will take all the positive thoughts people send my way...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information