User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: traders please don't do this (editing PMs)

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    I do this too! Makes it easier for me. Also when I join a train, I like to put the BP aside so that I can make sure i have it when the train finally arrives
    woops, forgot to add that to my last post. I do that too, I have all the boarding passes needed for the trains I'm on, all clipped together and ready to go when the train arrives.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I'd like to add another one to the list.

LEAVE FEEDBACK when you receive your end of the trade and in a timely fashion.

Getting feedback is how I know you received your end. I hate chasing people for it and I honestly think it should be mandatory if you are trading or riding trains

Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I've been chasing people down for feedback but they are not replying
    I don't know what to do

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

With my trains, I leave my TR when I mail everything out, so at least the day it was mailed is recorded, since everything comes in at different times, I post them in the thread. Just makes it easier so I don't forget 1 rider when im leaving TR on different days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post
    I'd like to add another one to the list.

LEAVE FEEDBACK when you receive your end of the trade and in a timely fashion.

Getting feedback is how I know you received your end. I hate chasing people for it and I honestly think it should be mandatory if you are trading or riding trains

Trading Score
    133 (100%)

I don't include the UPC, but I prefer to sort my coupons by source (WebSaver, Save, P&G insert, tear-pad) then exp date. My thought process is that doing it that way often answers most potential questions about what the UPC might be (and when it is time to purge expired coupons, they are easier to find in my binder). Also, if a person is a serious stacker, and sees that I have several coupons they may be interested in, but they still need a UPC, then it is worth both their and my time to provide it for them. (Maybe this is not the best method??)
    RRLF: I have no idea! I've been outta the loop far to long! I still have a Wish List
    Make yourself happy, so those around you are free to be happy.
    Look under "About Me" for my Trade List & Wish List

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChocolate View Post
    I don't include the UPC, but I prefer to sort my coupons by source (WebSaver, Save, P&G insert, tear-pad) then exp date. My thought process is that doing it that way often answers most potential questions about what the UPC might be (and when it is time to purge expired coupons, they are easier to find in my binder). Also, if a person is a serious stacker, and sees that I have several coupons they may be interested in, but they still need a UPC, then it is worth both their and my time to provide it for them. (Maybe this is not the best method??)
    I have my trade coupons sorted in the same order as my trade list is. That way all the same types of products are together. Everyone has their own way of sorting, and I've found this works best for me.
    A couple of days before the end of the month, as I delete the coupons from my trade list, I pull them from my holder, then they are shredded...sigh.
    I find that by having all the information on my trade lists cut's down on the time it takes to finalize a trade. Since that information is already listed on my page, a potential trader can see if they can stack those coupons. Less pming back and forth asking for info, and less chance of making an error. I myself will not even pm about a trade if all information is not listed.

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Ok - my peeve: (oh you weren't asking for all of our trading peeves were you? LOL!)
    If I list specific UPCs in my wishlist PAY ATTENTION TO THEM - I didn't take the time type them all out for no reason. DON'T send me your version of a similar coupon - who wants to receive a coupon you have no use for? I have traded my extra nexxus, nivea & dove coupons in hopes of receiving equally valuable coupons from my wishlist. Instead over & over I have repeatedly received blatantly wrong upcs & even expired coupons.
    - Have I bothered to give negative trade ratings?
    No, but from now on I'm going to have to bail from a train if I see you're riding too!Anyone else receiving the wrong UPCs?

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponandoff View Post
    Ok - my peeve: (oh you weren't asking for all of our trading peeves were you? LOL!)
    If I list specific UPCs in my wishlist PAY ATTENTION TO THEM - I didn't take the time type them all out for no reason. DON'T send me your version of a similar coupon - who wants to receive a coupon you have no use for? I have traded my extra nexxus, nivea & dove coupons in hopes of receiving equally valuable coupons from my wishlist. Instead over & over I have repeatedly received blatantly wrong upcs & even expired coupons.
    No, but from now on I'm going to have to bail from a train if I see you're riding too!Anyone else receiving the wrong UPCs?
    I've been lucky with trades, (so far anyways, I know my day is coming lol)
    I've seen plenty of expired coupons in trains, even at the start with me as the first rider. With coupons that expired months before the train even started.
    Talking about pet peeves: When the train rules do not apply to the conductor, OP is not updated, ratings are not left. Trains are sent out with very early expiry dates and store specific, yet the riders are expected to load the envie with long dated coupons and no store specific. Basically a conductor getting rid of crap to get good.
    Leaving a neg. is not fun at all. Still waiting for the "I sent the envie" from May. If a true rating is not given it does not help anyone in the long run, just allows the scammers and creeps to carry on. Remember how Ebay was, a fair rating system for buyers and sellers alike?

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChocolate View Post
    my main issue is in my pm's to the people i ask for upc and i don't get an answer, thats when i have issues with it, i understand not everyone is lucky enough to live where people can stack, and i don't think you users should be made to take all of the extra time to write down all of the upc's on your trade list, but when asked, please just give me the darn code, it makes a huge difference to me as i can stack, and have over 5 inches of binder space devoted to coupons, so i am probably just looking for one upc and have enough of the others

Quote Originally Posted by couponandoff View Post
    it sucks doesn't it, i have stopped riding VWL trains b.c of this

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'll also admit to not holding coupons while working out a trade if i did post them up for trade and get alot of interest in them BUT i will inform the multi people i'm talking to that i do have alot of interest in said coupons (say i posted high value pampers.. and i get 15 people messaging me.. i'll work through the info while chatting with multi people but be sure that they know they are not th eonly person i'm talking to)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

We don't get to stack here, yet I post UPCs because I've found UPCs very helpful to me for the "search trade" section. Tried searching for Kraft Parmesan (either words) and the results were overwhelming and not all accurate. ie: wishlist results or not the coupon I seek.

Perhaps there's a better way to use the search feature I'm unaware of, but I appreciate the ppl that post UPC for this reason.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lady_arianna View Post
    please don't edit the pm's when you reply, i mean go ahead and add stuff, but do not delete items, it makes it very hard to follow

also please don't trade away coupons in the middle of trying to work out a deal with someone else... its rude, and you users just made it onto my do not trade list

and another thing, when a user asks how many coupons you have, saying 5+ etc is not helpful...

oh and another thing, if someone posts up a wishlist and is asking for specifics please don't send a pm saying take a look at my trade list i have several... then when you get to the trade list there isn't any, there is no expiry dates or upc's making it pretty much useless

when you make your wishlist be specific if you are looking for a bread fpc, don't list just bread... its not helpful and is a waste of my time

Please don't be worried if you recently traded with me, i have pm'd the people who i had issues with, if you didn't receive a pm stating how i was frustrated, or how you could maybe do something differently in the future this post is not about you

ok i think my rant is done, this has all happened in the last 2 days, in some cases several times over
    I apologize I believed I did post in one of thread, wont do it again, its a lesson learned for me

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Honestly, this is your opinion - when I trade, I save the trade to a word doc and if its not in the PM, I follow up with so trading abc for xyz, this is my address and keep just that PM

You are starting a new thread like your way of trading is gospel, others may be quite happy with the way others trade and disagree with you and newbies may simply not realise since they work on 1-2 trades at a time and not multiples

As far as being online but not answering PMs I am guilty of this since I am often on my phone and can't access PMs until Boo fixes the mobile plugin - its nothing against the trader (or just chat PMs) but I simply can't access the PM
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I have the same problem with the plug in! Grr, I wasted $4 on the app! I'm quite sad.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Honestly, this is your opinion ...

You are starting a new thread like your way of trading is gospel, others may be quite happy with the way others trade and disagree with you and newbies may simply not realise since they work on 1-2 trades at a time and not multiples

Exactly. Stating your preferences is great and I hope it makes your trading life easier.

There have been some great suggestions.

However they are your preferences and NOT the rules. There are a lot of casual traders who are not as organized or who only devote a few minutes a day to this site.

Also...Leaving feedback is optional.

FallenPixels I hope I have not distorted your meaning with my editing.
    Last edited by marmaduke; Fri, Sep 30th, 2011 at 04:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information