User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Walmart

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a problem yesterday with price matching Campbell's soup and also using a coupon with it at the same time. (done before - no problem) Last night one of the managers said no. So I called this morning and spoke to another manager in customer service and she said YES to price matching and you can also use a coupon at the same time. She gave me her name in case there were any future problems - this was Duncan, BC Walmart. First time I have ever had a problem 100% staff are wonderful!! KUDOS Never thought I would love Walmart but a $ is a $!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    5. Do we Ad Match competitors that advertise coupons that are redeemable only in their stores?
    Yes, Ad Match identical items we have in-stock any outlined criteria on the coupon.

Did they explain what this meant?
    I'm assuming they'll ad match coupons with the price stated on it? eg. $2.99
    Not Rexall dollar off coupons or Coupon Zone dollar off coupons (?)
    i will ask my manager today

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by pateyface View Post
    Thanks OP!! I once tried to price match chicken breast (both were no store brands, matched exactly) and they wouldn't let me. Even the manager said no. I was very disappointed, especially since others on here said it could be done. I left all the chicken breasts at the till and they weren't happy, but I wasn't paying double for it (since it was 1/2 off in the flyer). Oh well. Now I'll bring this policy with me from now on. What a great help.

Worked great. Thanks!
    Price matching with meat i had a problem the other day with this.... the lady told me it was possible but i had no idea how to do it. She came in with a flyer and wanted to price match roasts, but our roast weren't by weight. and the flyer was for per kg. So therefore i didn't know how to do it. When do you go in to price match meat make sure we do the pricing by weight... and its easy.. all the cashier has to do ... is press priceover ride, then it says enter unit (or something like that) Which is the FULL WEIGHT of the meat.. then it will say enter competitors ad price... there we go we did it. but just make sure we weight and there is weight on the flyer.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope this works for all walmarts, and not just mine.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i've never done any ad match in my life, but sounds like walmart does have the best ad match policy according to this

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)

6. Do we Ad Match Produce?
    Yes we do.
    For Items being sold in eaches (i.e 454g bagged salad) ensure package size is identical. Brands do not need to be identical for produce.

I thought brands had to be the same! This is GREAT to know, thank you

Always interested in trading!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

does this really help..... I argued for like 25 minutes with the MANAGER who, obviously can not read.... about this..

It's not applicable to clearance sales, combination promotions (i.e gift with purchase), double or triple coupons, after-sale rebate offers, preferred customer discounts or **random discounts (i.e scratch and save events) offered by other retailers or to competitor misprints or withdrawn or corrected advertisements.

The manager was arguing that they do not price match (bogo or b1g1 free or 2 for) I said show me in your pm guidelines that says you don.. (NOTING I AM A PARALEGAL) she says what I put in bold above.. I said COMBINATION PROMOS refer's to when for example SDM says when you spend $50 you get a $10 gift card BOGO is not a gift its 2 items for 1 purchase(in other words 50% each item)you are not getting a gift for purchasing the item. Then she says DOUBLE OR TRIPLE COUPONS.. I said that means you can not use more then 1 coupon on a price match. I had to explain this like 10 TIMES... she now said.. I'll do it but I am not supposed to... I have to call head office and ask them... OUR CASHIER'S HAVE BEEN GETTING IN TROUBLE WALMART IS PUNISHING THEIR CASHIERS FOR FOLLOWING THEIR OWN POLICIES

I am still in shock... WOW... the manager's can not understand legal writing in their price match policies... maybe they need to have some kind of teaching or detailed explination but putting (i.e gift with purchase) Couldn't be clearer to me

SORRY.. THAT'S MY RANT FOR TODAY NOTE.. I did get my glade decor scents with lots of arguing about PRICE MATCHING SDM

I WOULD HAVE preferred to buy from SDM but I went to 5 locations and called another 15 that said they DON'T CARRY THIS ITEM...
    Last edited by sandra_p400; Fri, Sep 30th, 2011 at 09:49 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Thanks for sharing...here's the part I don't get

Ad Match is only available with proof of the current published in-store retail price for the identical product in an advertisement by a retailer in the local area.

I saw an ad on TV sating that you don't need the ad to price match. I'll see if I can find it.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My local WM have a cashiers book with details on putting admatches through, they have shown me it, and it specifically states that an item must have a price and not BOGO or 2 for $2.99 etc
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    My local WM have a cashiers book with details on putting admatches through, they have shown me it, and it specifically states that an item must have a price and not BOGO or 2 for $2.99 etc
    if this is they case, then, Wal mart needs to be more specific in their Guidelines so that it is properly interpreted. They are leaving it open to interpretation. If you see No Frills guideline's its specifically says not 2 for or buy 1 get 1 free. Until they change THEIR WORDING to be legally specific it is left open to interpretation.

They can not just tell the cashier's don't accept, yet falsely advertise to their customer's.

They need to look at this more.... It would be like telling cashier we no longer accept coupons but not telling their consumers. I don't the cashier's should be penalized for Walmart's HO mistake
    Last edited by sandra_p400; Fri, Sep 30th, 2011 at 09:54 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Thanks for the info! Milton Walmart has started limiting quantities after the whole Aspirin thing.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for sharing.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just curious ~ how long doesn't it usually take to pm an item?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

first of all tyvm for posting this I really appreciate it. Am new to all of this. Your thread helps clarify couple questions in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    5. Do we Ad Match competitors that advertise coupons that are redeemable only in their stores?
    Yes, Ad Match identical items we have in-stock any outlined criteria on the coupon.

Did they explain what this meant?
    I'm assuming they'll ad match coupons with the price stated on it? eg. $2.99
    Not Rexall dollar off coupons or Coupon Zone dollar off coupons (?)
    PLEASE explain more in details. I always have this problem. Some cashier says no to pm, some pm and some pm then take the coupon. what is it really? For example is rexall have coupon says "save $2.00 with this coupon" without saying the reg. price just save $2.00 with this coupon, what is the proper procedure to enter this?

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    Thanks for the info!! This would be handy in a PDF that we could print...if anyone knows how to do that, lol
    there's a buuton on your keyboard print screen sydrq, press that button then print it.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by clumsygal View Post
    i've never done any ad match in my life, but sounds like walmart does have the best ad match policy according to this

you should do price matching. Saves you $$$$ especially with coupons and time. I only been doing this since the end of Aug. 2011 and am loving it. More money in my pocket.

Here's some store policy on pm:
    WALMART will pm at cashier register
    FRESH CO will beat pm by 1c, at cashier register
    CANADIAN TIRE will beat pm and 10% off ct money, but need to go to customer service
    ***usually toilet paper, paper towel, cleaning product is better pm at ct than any where else. with using pm and coupons even add on your credit card rewards cards you'll get the best deal***
    HomeDepot will beat 10%, but need to go to customer service
    No Frills will pm at cash register
    Zellers am not sure about there pm policy

Most important RAIN CHECK, RAIN CHECK RAIN CHECK.

hope you try to pm soon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information