User Tag List

Thread: Zellers.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I went to zellers to price match febreeze and they told me that I am not allowed to price match and use coupons.

Kinda makes me mad because they claim to have the lowest prices or will match the lowest price but we cannot use the coupons as well. I only went to get enough points to switch mine to airmiles and I needed 40 thousand and now that i have them i will not be going back to zellers. I can't wait for wal mart
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Walmart, Zellers

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was that Zellers east or west?

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

That is strange... Never used to be that way, I was a cash supervisor at the east side location for 3 years :s... I have heard they are getting right messed up policies now though.. Read somewheres, (perhaps a rant in the brag section?) that you could only pm two items at a time there now... Why would they care, they're going to be going out of business and liquidating it all soon anyways?

Hopefully this was just one grumpy or misinformed cashier.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Nope I went to the customer service desk she told me to look at the fine print in the flyer and that they were told not to take coupons. But i think it is funny because I emailed zellers about not being able to use printable coupons. They responded and told me that if it is from the manufacture site they can take it.
    Funny how the rules change all the time.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have PM and used coupons at Zellers ....they tried to say that they could not do it because it was already a reduction....I stated that : a price match is once promo and a coupon is a different promo.....they did do it...\
    It is more work for them ,,but they are paid by the hr....so who cares how long it takes...it is their job.....................just keep fighting for your rights.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find that the best place for coupons by far is Walmart. Zellers is starting to annoy me. I went in to PM a walmart flyer and they told me they wouldnt price match that flyer, but they would any other one that week. It was for the Walmart Anniversary sale.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I stopped shopping at Zellers 3 years ago...good riddance to them when they are finally all done in the Canadian market.

Too many issues for me to even bother going in for a good sale:

- registers not up to date for sales so people are overcharged and many do not realize it
    - do not SCOP...so tells me they know there is a problem
    - refused my DS's SPC card and treated him like a thief and I was there!
    - hassle using coupons

Thread Information