User Tag List

Thread: gift idea?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm going to a housewarming party for a young couple in just under two weeks. they've been marreid for a couple years, and lived together for a bit before they were married. they have no children, and as far as I know they're not planning on any. I was thinnking of giving a gift (laundry) basket of cleaning products? how does that sound? I mentioned the idea to my mom and she liked it, any other opinions?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Hmm..I like that idea..although it likely wouldn't work for me. I'm just to sensitive to cleaning products.

I would suggest maybe cleaning products in a laundry basket maybe with a nice set of towels? Or maybe some nice entertaining stuff? Like things that you might like but wouldn't spend the money on...like a nice platter and serving things? candles and candle sticks? or how about a movie night basket..a couple things of micro popcorn..a nice fleece throw, move rental coupon?

Plants are also nice

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Sounds lovely.
    but I would find out if either of them have any problems with scents

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i was already thinking of adding some kind of throw blanket too, i know since i started paying for my own heat i keep my house a few degrees cooler than before i paid for it myself. they are family, i know that scents are okay. i don't have a lot of money to spend but don't want to come off as cheap. i have to do all of the shopping for it next friday (pay day) and its the next night. lots of time for ideas, not a lot of time to shop, althoough i can shop all day, i'm on vacation, but i'll have my 3yr old son with me. usually our days out shopping are an all day event, and as long as i buy hime a dinky and lunch (or supper depending on the time of day) he's okay to browse with me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Housewarming. Okay, I love the cleaning supplies - maybe add some kitchen linens...I know I go through a ton of dish cloths and tea towels, and they wear out pretty quick! They don't have to be fancy. I think everyone likes fresh and new. Try Wal-mart or Zellers for some inexpensive packs.
    Have fun!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Many people are sensitive to different cleaners. If someone gave me a basket of cleaners, they would not make it into the house! LOL
    For my referral to Swagbucks, click this link.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1265083

Thread Information