Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2011

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

random - some nutter in my neighborhood has his lights up already and ON

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We're "that house" that leaves our lights up year-round, so we can plug them in whenever :D

I can't wait to turn them on, it'll feel much more festive. My boyfriend and I are going to bundle up and go walk around his neighborhood one night and look at all the lights.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    We're "that house" that leaves our lights up year-round, so we can plug them in whenever :D

I can't wait to turn them on, it'll feel much more festive. My boyfriend and I are going to bundle up and go walk around his neighborhood one night and look at all the lights.
    Leaving them up all year is ok but this guy turned them on lol. At least now with LED lights they use very little power.

Anyhoo, Costco has had xmas decorations on sale since August.

Bring it on!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

my hubby actually joked that I should put up my white christmas tree. i just got this past summer. sat in the dining room. awaiting a spot in the basement. ..anyway. he said I should put it up now and decorate it with pumpkins and orange lights.. seeing as with in a few weeks i start decorating for xmas anyway.. needless to say i put the tree downstairs myself. now im starting to wonder.. if i should have.. i know we HAD at least 5 huge rubbermaid containers of xmas decorations for around the house last year. BEFORE I went shopping at the clearance sale at WM.. eesh.. something tells me i should start NOW to be ready in time LMAO. OH and in order to do that he has put all his 'stuff' away so i can get it all down there.. *sigh* big circle of life going on here..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Great idea, I actually have a black xmas tree i got a few years back and I do decorate it for halloween.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

black would be cool. never actually seen one myself.. ever. weird.. i was in love with my neighbors white tree years ago.. although it was old and kinda yellow.. so when I found a smaller one last fall i grabbed it for our room.. then found another regular size one this past summer WITH lights.. for $5.. no way was i going to pass it up.. but ya never seen a black tree. i can imagine how great it would look on a front porch at halloween.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Here it is when I loaned it to my son's teacher for her room
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

For anyone doing gift baskets, here's some pictures of the baskets I made for my SIL and MIL last year (2010). I haven't taken pics of this year's baskets yet but will post pics of those and the men's baskets once I take them.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ahhhh! Thank you so much for posting! So inspiring

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So on topic of gift baskets.. I'm deciding what to put in the PIL's gift this year. I have a lot to choose from, tons of household items, but I'm not sure that I want to use those because I don't have a theme.

Stuff like:
    Resolve
    Air fresheners
    Lysol hand soap dispenser
    Finish detergent
    etc.

Just with those things alone, the ARV is probably around $30. Just don't know how to make a theme so it all goes along...

Help?

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I did something like that for my parents last year.. literally went snooping in their cupboards.. they dont' care. .. then went shopping in my stock.. and made baskets that were just for them.. included a few extras a scratch cards, something personal to wear ie slippers etc. they loved their gifts.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    So on topic of gift baskets.. I'm deciding what to put in the PIL's gift this year. I have a lot to choose from, tons of household items, but I'm not sure that I want to use those because I don't have a theme.

Stuff like:
    Resolve
    Air fresheners
    Lysol hand soap dispenser
    Finish detergent
    etc.

Just with those things alone, the ARV is probably around $30. Just don't know how to make a theme so it all goes along...

Help?
    I've done "household" themed gift baskets before, and what you've listed is pretty much what I tend to put in those, so it sounds good to me If you'd like, you could give the in laws two small baskets, one a household one like what you've described above, and another one with a different theme if that's what you're worried about.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Doing two gifts sounds like a perfect solution! I was just worried that it'd be like "Merry Christmas, here's stuff to clean your house with!", and that would be kind of dumb.

Thanks!

Here's a picture of a gift basket I found on an american couponing fb page that I think is AMAZING, might be inspirational to somebody!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I did 6 of them like the ones above for our church bazaar last xmas.. they were used on an auction table, a penny table and for raffles.. they church was so grateful.. although this year im not doing this as the coupons are not like they were last year.. and someone did up a couple of baskets too for the church and they were HUGE.. even I was shocked. im sure she'll be doing it again.. but mostly as Im making baskets up for a couple of families in my neighborhood.. diapers/wipes/TP/PT and them extras. im rather excited.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

whoa, that is one big basket of stuff! I wish mine could look like that, but I'm lucky if I can get enough over the whole year to make the mid-sized baskets I already do ^^; Granted, I think my baskets are improving since I'm getting the hang of things, but it's true, the coupons last year were a lot better, I miss those ^^;

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information