User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How Much Do You Pay For Internet and How Much Bandwith Do You Get?

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

A friend of ours just emailed us and told us he is with Kwic and pays only $29.95 per month for unlimited bandwith plus a small modem fee. Am going to call them tomorrow definitely as that is by far the cheapest I have found in my area!!!!

Even if I have to go out and buy a new router, it will still be worth the savings over time!
    Is it baseball season yet?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

3Web ( now owned by Distributel ) ..I pay $ 29/month for unlimited high speed internet ..no cap & great downloading speeds & uploading .

Teksaavy , Acanac & Distributel are the way to go ..get rid of Bell & Rogers if you can , both are nothing but scam artists with horrible billing issues & customer service

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Teksavvy's DSL isn't available? I know the cable isnt everywhere but since they resell Bell, usually if you have a Bell line you can have their high speed DSL - it is available at our cottage so not in Brantford is a shock to me lol
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm with Telnet Communications (www.telnetcommunications.com ). We pay $41/month for unlimited DSL (5 mbps).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Like Natalka, $39/mo. high speed lite, unlimited.(Shaw in Winnipeg.) I am a very heavy user and I really can't think why anyone would need or be charged for more. There are one or two speeds faster than I have, so maybe one step up, (smoother video). But if you have a normal wireless lan, you will be limited by the speed of the router anyway. In my case 54 mps. There is no sense in paying for super high speed if you are on a wireless hookup.
    Last edited by escher7; Fri, Oct 14th, 2011 at 08:58 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Here i'm with ADSL from AEI (www.aei.ca) 5Mbps unlimited for 24.99$/month. A great deal. You need an ADSL modem and you need a landline.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

3Web ( now owned by Distributel ) ..I pay $ 29/month for unlimited high speed internet ..no cap & great downloading speeds & uploading . I like the fact that its cheap & truly unlimited so I don't have to worry about overages etc ..I can use it as much as I want without worrying about extra charges .

Teksaavy , Acanac & Distributel are the way to go ..get rid of Bell & Rogers if you can , both are nothing but scam artists with horrible billing issues & customer service

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have no personal knowledge of 3Web but here is a review I stumbled uponIt may not be current, but the guy sure hates 3Web):

"Web / CyberSurf / CIA Officially Worst ISP in Canada
    Working for an IT service company, I often deal with many service providers our various clients use, such as Bell, Telus, Rogers, IBM/AT&T, and even in the cheapo range of ISP's equivalent to 3web such ColbaNet, SecureNet, etc, and really, I have never ever seen such a horrible ISP as 3web. I never noticed that much since I have been alot on the road lately, but I used to be an iStop Corporate customer, until they got bought by CyberSurf / 3web, and then all hell broke loose. Daily outages, slow-downs/slow-latency, changes to terms of service/account services without notice (I have/had a corporate account with a /29 subnet routed over our connection, multiple times without warning 3web switched us back a single dynamic IP (without switching our invoice down to regular residential service......).

And when you have problems.... ho ho ho, prepare to spend all day redialing their number... As soon as you press the option for Technical support, all you get is "I am sorry, all our agents are currently busy assisting other customers, try calling again later" and plonk, they hang up on you.

They also have an option for email support, I got a reply offering help to resolve the issue..........3 weeks after we were back up and running (if you can actually ever describe their service as running properly).

I tried cancelling my account with them, but was unable, I opened a dispute with my credit card company to stop the automated payments since I have been unable to contact them since last thursday to cancel my account.

Let this be a warning to all, STAY AWAY FROM 3WEB / CyberSurf/ CIA and their affiliates!"

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well, as for myself, I'm with AEI since a long time (7 years if I count correctly) and I didn't have any problems with them. But I don't use commercial account with static IP.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    3Web ( now owned by Distributel ) ..I pay $ 29/month for unlimited high speed internet ..no cap & great downloading speeds & uploading . I like the fact that its cheap & truly unlimited so I don't have to worry about overages etc ..I can use it as much as I want without worrying about extra charges .

I agree - Distributel is the best and cheapest. I have had phone and internet (unlimited) for years. $64. monthly including taxes.
    "The years teach us much, which the days never knew."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm currently on Bell fibe 12, with 90 gigs per month. That's a dry loop with no other services from bell. The price is around $34. That's in Toronto. I download moderately and watch a lot of online videos, streaming movies, streaming shows etc. Never have been close to 90 gigs, the average we use is around 60 gigs

How I got that deal... I was on a student plan for about a year(around $45, with the 90 gigs limit, which is regularly 50 gigs), the student plan was over and the price went up to over $60 a month. I called to cancel and they offered me a loyalty deal, which was about 50% of what I was paying. The price is locked for 1 year and then I was told to call and ask for the current loyalty deal.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

We used to have the unlimited grandfathered plan, too, for about 60 bucks.

When I was calling to reduce the other plans, the guy for Internet explained the current plans and so on. I didn't want to get rid of unlimited so I said I'll wait and I researched it.

I saw I only really use about 25 gigs a month. I ended up choosing the fibe 7 plan and getting it for 30/35 bucks a month. It has 60 gigs a month which is more than enough.

Then during other calls, I was told the monthly modem lease fee was increasing and they offered me a 50 buck one time modem fee. Told them i would call back.

Saw that they waive this fee for new members do I called and asked for loyalty dept (like always) and explained. They told me they couldn't waive it unless I changed plans so they offered the fibe 10 at a discount (said promo was on my account) so it would be the same price I paid for fibe 7 60 gigs and I would get fibe 10 with 75 gigs. And the fee was waived so no more monthly 3.95 (being upped to 4.95) a month!

So around 35 a month. I'll have to check my next bill. I made the change over a month ago so it hasn't reflected yet.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

We use our internet for everything. We have telus internet and pay around 40 a month up to 250 gigs upload and download. Now when i say everything this is what i mean,

The computers are where we watch tv, It is free, we watch what we want when we want to and can close out the commercials at the begining and unlimited.

We use computers for our phone lines, 1 magic jack and others can use gmail to make calls if the phone is being used.

Smart Canucks saves us a fortune and is needed to make our budget work.

So that $40 for internet goes a long way.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm with Primus for Internet, home phone and long distance. You are able to keep your existing phone number and switch it over and I don't even bother with the @primus email I could have - I use my gmail for everything. I have less interuptions with my internet than I did when I was with Rogers. If I've ever had to call the service department they have been awesome and very very patient to explain things to me (even internet set up unrelated to my service from them).

You also get airmiles with Primus - I get 16/month. I believe there is a bonus for setting up with them too. I've earned a total so far of 913 airmiles from them for services I would have been paying more for elsewhere with no rewards.

Home Phone(with Voice Mail, Call Display, Call Waiting and Unlimited Worldwide Calling)
    Unlimited High Speed Internet4
    (up to 7 Mbps)

Overall Costs:
    $84.95 - Primus
    $104.85 - Bell (On)
    $104.85 - Bell (QC)
    $112.44 Rogers (ON)

Included Internet Usage
    Unlimited - Primus
    25 GB - Bell (ON)
    60 GB - Bell (QC)
    60 GB - Rogers (On)

Network Charge
    $0 - Primus
    $6.95 - Bell (ON)
    $6.95 - Bell (QUE)
    $0 - Rogers (On)

Other Charges (911,TouchTone)
    $0.40 - Primus
    $2.97 - Bell (ON)
    $2.97 - Bell (QC)
    $0.41 - Rogers (ON)

Total Monthly Bill
    $85.35 - Primus (I pay only 79.95 as I was grandfathered in from before the latest CRTC Bell Rip Off)
    $114.77 - Bell (ON)
    $114.77 - Bell (QC)
    $112.85 - Rogers (ON)

Monthly Savings with Primus
    Vs Bell (ON) $29.42 Vs Bell (QC) $29.42 Vs Rogers (ON)$27.50

Home Phone Service:
    • Keep your existing home phone number and phone book listing
    • 3 FREE calling features: Call Display, Voice Mail and
      Visual Call Waiting
    • Includes Telemarketing Guard™, and online call management
    • Privacy Guard: Force "unknown" callers to announce themselves before your phone rings
    • Get all 18 calling features for only $2 more per month

Unlimited High Speed DSL Internet
    • Unlimited Internet Access
    • Up to 7 Mbps speed
    • Includes: Anti-Spam & Virus Protection on your Primus email.
    • 11 Email accounts.
    • 24/7 Canadian Tech Support 5

Long Distance
    • Unlimited Worldwide Calling (Canada, U.S. and 50 countries)
    • No caps or time restrictions
    • No monthly network fee
    Last edited by snow00774; Mon, Dec 5th, 2011 at 10:44 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information