Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Walmart coupon policy

AKE
    Love Deals!
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jlh View Post
    Walmart policy did state free item tax should be included when they deduct the amount, however, every time I need to mention to the cashier, and some stores still won't do it. It is a hassle to do it, I prefer just get from SDM if they sell it, much easier.
    It probably depends on how the store deducts the coupon...if it's deducted BEFORE tax is calculated, then tax IS included in the value of the coupon because tax is calculated on the item then it's subtracted for the value of the coupon. If the store deducts the coupon AFTER tax is calculated, then you're paying tax on the value of the item and need to talk with someone (if you want to waste the breath doing it). I find most stores deduct the coupon before tax is calculated. Not a big deal. Other times...it's not worth my time to haggle over a few pennies in tax. TIME IS MONEY. TIME IS PRECIOUS. The amount of time it takes for me to sit at the till and calculate all that is a waste of everyone's time. The item is already free with a small donation to the government to pay for my health care or something like that!

But I can't say I can blame a cashier for saying no...it's confusing and to him/her it probably doesn't make any sense to them. How on earth do they give you tax back? Are they allowed to? Did you actually pay tax? Those would be the questions in my mind if someone were at my till whining about a few cents.
    ticul likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You are right "Each store manager can adapt the coupon policy as they see fit for their store"
    BTW:department managers mid-level managers report inventory/budget needs to store manager; who in-tell take appropriate action with said info to head office , distribution hubs or department mangers. IE;cut the budget, accept CZ coupons, order product. This is just a small part of their everyday duties.
    According to head office policy guideline,
    FallenPixels post #69 http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/243271-...3/#post5397174 is correct.
    procedures for dealing with any competitors coupon; is it must have a stated price to PM too IE: $1 off retail 4.99 , making it a PM to 3.99 which may not be the best deal that week, and there is no double price matching.
    Your store manager doesn't follow home office policy/guidelines,which is fine because you are right "Each store manager can adapt the coupon policy as they see fit for their store"
    Let us not forget; these policies are guidelines and at anytime can be revoked for any reason ie: to many people getting overages, abuse of coupons, want to save some for other customers instead of letting you clear their shelves, employee had a bad day, all accepting of coupons is at the sole discretion of the store manager and only the store manager. So be polite, you win some you lose some.
    Last edited by lms1979; Wed, Nov 20th, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
    couponandoff, ticul and nessa23 like this.
    My price, Free! TM

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lms1979 View Post
    ... BTW:department managers mid-level managers report inventory/budget needs to store manager; who in-tell take appropriate action with said info to head office , distribution hubs or department mangers. ...
    I didn't realize that HO issues unique coupon acceptance rules to store managers based on inventory. This also explains why some Walmart stores have specific items on clearance while others do not. This info needs to posted in the sub-forum RANTS to chill out those who feel so danm entitled.

Enlightening information ~ Thank you ~

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Very good informations. Thank you...........

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I wonder if I will have a problem using the Shoppers voice coupon that they sent out recently. It has a percentage off, 60% (I believe) but also a max value of 8$. According to the policy they don't allow percentage off coupons but if it has a max value, can that not just be deducted from the total purchase?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can a coupon be used towards an item that is on sale or no? Thanks...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Neeenerz View Post
    Can a coupon be used towards an item that is on sale or no? Thanks...
    Yes.
    Coupons can also be used if you're price matching, and on clearance items.
    Neeenerz likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ticul View Post
    Very good informations. Thank you...........
    Ditto, thanks

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All stores or just Wal Mart?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks awesome

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

It was nice while it lasted. Even my local WM stores are not accepting them anymore. It's kind of funny that it took them so long to figure out how they were losing money at some stores because of PM + CZ for example.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhilde View Post
    It was nice while it lasted. Even my local WM stores are not accepting them anymore. It's kind of funny that it took them so long to figure out how they were losing money at some stores because of PM + CZ for example.
    What was nice while it lasted?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Pembroke Ont. Walmart stopped accepting Coupon Zone coupons as Price Match or as coupons well over a month or two ago.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information