User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After some dealings with a Pricesmart manager who told me that they do not have a coupon policy (!?!?!?) I e-mailed Overwaitea Corporate and here is their reply as well as the coupon policy. Of course it doesn't say Save on Foods, Pricesmart or any other Overwaitea company name on it, therefore I also include the e-mail and responders e-mail address.

----- Original Message ----- From: [email protected]
    To:
    Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:18 PM
    Subject: Our Response to your Feedback

Hello Tricia,

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to clarify our coupon acceptance practices. Our coupon policy is the same for all banners, including PriceSmart Foods. For your easy reference, please see the attached. Thanks for shopping with us. We look forward to serving you.

Customer Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please consider the environment before printing this email or its attachments---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Note: This message is only intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by telephone (604-888-2079) or electronically by return message, and delete or destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you. (OFG_File#163)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This thread is currently associated with: PriceSmart, Save on Foods
    WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOUR SEARCH ENGINE $$$ PAID YOU TO USE THEIR SERVICE? Start today by clicking this link and unsubscribe anytime but I don't know why you would...: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MoneyMentor

EBATES: http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referr...dUHgf%2BNxE%3D

Wheellug
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do it mean that on an FPC they shouldn't be charging taxes?

"All taxes are payable on the full value of the item, unless the coupon specifications state it’s for a ‘free’ taxable product"

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Here it is:

Coupon Acceptance Practices

Our coupon acceptance practices are designed to help extend more savings to our customers while ensuring we continue to offer an exceptional customer service experience to everyone in our stores. We don’t limit the number of coupons redeemed per transaction necessarily, but rather, we focus on our responsibility to follow the directions clearly stated on those coupons.

To receive your coupon discount please:
    • present your coupon at the time of purchase
    • ensure all conditions stated on the coupon are met (product to purchase, limits, etc.)
    • ensure all product specifications are met (size, flavour, etc.)
    • ensure your coupon is redeemed prior to the expiration date
    • if printed from the internet, your coupon is legible
    • ensure your coupon is not a photocopy
    • ensure your coupon is not issued by one of our competitors

Store-issued coupons: store coupons are distributed through flyers, email, in-store kiosks, social media and direct mail
    • Our store system reinforces the conditions of every coupon we receive to ensure that specifications are
    met (including store name, date, product specifications, limits, combinations, etc.)
    • Can be combined with manufacturer coupons
    • Only one store-issued coupon can be redeemed per item (no stacking)

Manufacturer-issued coupons:
    • Can be combined with a store-issued coupon
    • Must have a Canadian address; US coupons aren’t accepted
    • The total value of the coupons cannot exceed the value of the product
    • Multiple manufacturers’ coupons can be redeemed per item (stacking), only if each coupon comes from
    a different media source (e.g. manufacturer, newspaper, website, etc.) and has a different code (or
    UPC)
    • Stacking isn’t allowed on ‘buy one, get one’ free (BOGO) products
    • Stacking isn’t allowed if the fine print says: Use of more than one manufacturer coupon per product is
    strictly prohibited or if wording states “cannot be combined with other offers”
    • Splitting coupons across multiple products is not allowed
    • All taxes are payable on the full value of the item, unless the coupon specifications state it’s for a ‘free’
    taxable product
    • Deposits and fees are payable on applicable products regardless of the coupon’s discount
    • Manufacturer’s mail-in-rebates will be honoured by the manufacturer not the store (and are not
    considered coupons)

Guidelines for high volume coupon redeemers:
    • Please call ahead to ensure we have adequate team members available on our front end at the time
    you plan to shop so that we can accommodate your needs while providing great service to our other
    customers
    • At checkout, please ensure that coupons are placed with each item to speed up the coupon validation
    and checkout process
    • If you hope to purchase large quantities of individual items, please provide 2 – 3 days notice to your
    local store manager so we can properly manage inventory requirements
    • Please note that we reserve the right to limit quantities purchased based on inventory available for all
    customers
    • Please note that we will not accept large quantities of multiple coupons during any special promotional
    days. For more information, please see your local store manager
    • We reserve the right to amend the above mentioned practices at any time, in consideration of the best
    experience for our customers

July 20, 2011
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheellug View Post
    Do it mean that on an FPC they shouldn't be charging taxes?

"All taxes are payable on the full value of the item, unless the coupon specifications state it’s for a ‘free’ taxable product"

This means you will be charge taxes on the price of the item before coupons, unless the coupon states it will cover the taxes.
    I'm no longer couponing and my dogs have passed away. I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

almost all coupons say cannot be combined with other offers lol therefore no stacking there really

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by michigan803 View Post
    almost all coupons say cannot be combined with other offers lol therefore no stacking there really

You can stack at SOF as long as it says that YOu cannot stack with any other COUPON offers

Everything else is fair game.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Just saw this...thanks so much!
    It's just that about a month ago....I went to a couple of SOF in the area and asked Customer Service first to see if they allow stacking...and they all said no :0/
    So, I will print the policy out...and once again set out to CS and inquire first and show them this if they say no again

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kk008 View Post
    Just saw this...thanks so much!
    It's just that about a month ago....I went to a couple of SOF in the area and asked Customer Service first to see if they allow stacking...and they all said no :0/
    So, I will print the policy out...and once again set out to CS and inquire first and show them this if they say no again
    which locations in Burnaby did you try? I am going to new west tomorrow, and if they don't I will try Highgate.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsf1sh View Post
    which locations in Burnaby did you try? I am going to new west tomorrow, and if they don't I will try Highgate.
    Station Square.....and I think the other was Price Smart though

cdm
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hijinx25 View Post
    You can stack at SOF as long as it says that YOu cannot stack with any other COUPON offers

Everything else is fair game.
    no the policy states if it says cannot be combined with any other offers.... not any other coupon offers..... so since most coupons say that it pretty much means they dont really stack

Thread Information