User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I was at SOF yesterday and was using a dove stack of 3 coupons ..... the cashier told me they would only accept one coupon as they were "coupon codes" versus UPC codes and that was their policy.

I thought the code on the coupon was the UPC code. Has anyone else run into this? I didn't buy the Dove as I know that LD will easily allow that stack and SOF was great on the other stuff. Just a bit perplexed about the UPC vs coupon code thing though....
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Save on Foods

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

That sounds odd! One thing to keep in mind, though, is that SOF's official policy states that the coupons must be from different media sources. That means that 3 different tear pad coupons with different UPCs wouldn't qualify for stacking. To be within the rules you would need to have one tear pad, one flyer and a third coupon from another source. Other thing is that the dove coupons total $6 off of 2 items....and they won't allow us to go over the sales price. So technically, you would only be able to coupon $4 off since 3 coupons take you over the sale price by a few cents (i. e. 2.99 this week). All so complicated....easier to stack for Dove at LD, as you said.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

It doesn't seem consistent ... as they will accept the Finish insert coupons ... all from the same sources -- but with different UPC codes and expiry dates. It was more about the fact that the Dove didn't have the UPC bar code thing on it ...even though the UPC bar codes don't scan anywhere in Canada (at least as far as I've heard). Could just be the interpretation of that particular cashier. That's one of the funny things about stacking is it is open to interpretation.

Thread Information