User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

http://news.yahoo.com/pregnant-mom-s...214407004.html

I'm sorry, but that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Could they not have just let her pay the measly 5$? I hope she sues them big time.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

As someone on the news post posted, what happened to 'ma'am, you forgot to pay for that'

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

sounds like some-one has allowed authority to go to his/her head...

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I dont think it's stupid. People need to take responsibility for their actions. So its ok if you only steal a few things from the dollar store? Here they did a one day sweep at the no name dollar store and got 10 people, ya they get slaps on the wrists but their not allowed back in.

Sure she maybe "forgot" but it's so hard to tell these days. Precisely why you don't eat before you pay. They probably arrest who they can for stealing, as its become such a regular occurence.

When I worked at my tiddly walmart they had up to 200k of losses per year. Those $5 sandys add up.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Nov 3rd, 2011 at 01:15 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

But when she offered to pay, they went a little far..

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This made my stomach turn. I am famous for doing absent-minded things myself, and this story is pretty much exactly why I never eat anything in a grocery store before I pay for it. I couldn't imagine ever having to go through this, especially having my child taken away

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If she was so hungry she could have taken the sandwich to the checkout, stand in line at the 12 or less checkout.Pay for the sandwich then eat her sandwich while shopping for the rest of her items and keep the sandwich receipt until she leaves the store.I went shopping recently saw an item on sale at Superstore that had a Coupon Zone coupon on the board but I didn't grab the coupon before I came in the store because it was unadvertised sale item.I had a clearance item with me I didn't want to put back just in case someone else would buy it before I got back to it.So I just paid for my clearance item.Then went out to the Coupon Zone board grabbed the coupon went back into the store and even lined up at the same register and bought the sales item with the Coupon Zone coupon.I had no problem going to the register twice.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

well being charged with shoplifting is stupid but i am against opening a package in a store.sometimes i am hungry or thirsty but i dont just open a package.i could see them forgetting but it seems like they are using her being pregnant as an excuse...this is just stupid all round.stupid of them for charging her and stupid of them for trying to do a lawsuit.ugh..pregnant or not.eat anyway you can but dont use it as an excuse...

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

and sorry bella but why should she sue them big time?

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

what grounds does she have to sue? it would be taken out of court.i am ashamed such cases even go to court.when i was pregnant i saw no such liberties.i never said "well im pregnant".it isnt like the 50's anymore.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm guilty of sometimes eating something while i shop. But always make sure i keep the wrapper right on top of my items so i dont forget when it's time to pay.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmel View Post
    I'm guilty of sometimes eating something while i shop. But always make sure i keep the wrapper right on top of my items so i dont forget when it's time to pay.
    Yes, but they obviously didn't even have the wrapper in the cart, so it makes me wonder if they were really ever going to pay.

Bella We are talking about another country, their laws are different then ours, it's standard practice to be arrested for shoplifting, it's nothing new there.

Wether its a $100 item or a $5 item it's still theft under 5000. It's no different then stealing a few nail polishes, do you think they should get off offering to pay when caught? I don't.

I think shes getting more sympathy because she was pregnant, and really that doesn't even matter. People get arrested everyday for theiving $5 items.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Nov 3rd, 2011 at 08:15 AM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I hate people who eat things in the store you can't be that hungry if you are go home first. You would't beleive some of the dumb things I have seen recently this one has happened twice mom has little one eating a banana and expect to pay for it ummm we have to weigh it?lol One was totally eaten and threw the gross peel on top of the bunch of bananas and another half eaten she said I have a banana also I said they need to be weighed she handed it to me ewww. Then we have people who are bold enough to eat dibs leave apx 6 in there and throw it in the basket at the end of cash. I could go on. Sorry but my kids NEVER ate anything in the store and I 100% thing it is wrong feed them before they go and bring snacks you have at home. Also the pregnant excuse dosn't fly either we all have our stories if she honestly couldn't afford it go to the soup kitchen.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

yup... i agree Kim
    theft is theft, doesn't matter the value of the item.. if you didn't pay for it, it doesn't belong to you, you have no right to take it...
    as for the comment of suing? that's stupid, what would be the basis of her lawsuit? it is such a big problem with society these days that every little thing causes people to cry SUE THEM!!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

i dont understand how its relevant that shes pregnant
    so what?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information