User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I know I'm in the minority here, in that my family has chosen to be car free. We live in the city, bought our house in an area with several public transit routes very close by.

Bayers Lake isn't all that far from where we are, and I shop there fairly regularly. The bus stops to get home are along the storefronts, by Zellers, Walmart, etc.

I was just out there this morning, and there's notices on the bus stop signs that the stops won't be serviced after November 21st. The bus route won't go up there anymore, it will be only along Chain Lake Drive.

I won't be shopping out there nearly as much if this proceeds. If I've got a big load of stuff, I can't easily drag it all down to Chain Lake Drive. I'll shop elsewhere!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart, Zellers, Via Rail

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (94%)

That's such a windy cold place in the winter too. I disagree with their decision to do that but from the bus drivers point of view i can see them getting stuck up there with the Christmas rush of traffic too....

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I was just out there this morning, and there's notices on the bus stop signs that the stops won't be serviced after November 21st. The bus route won't go up there anymore, it will be only along Chain Lake Drive.
    Is it just over the holiday shopping madness, or forever? Mind you it would be extremely inconvenient to not have easy access to those shops over the holiday season, but if they re-implement it, it might not be so bad in the grand scheme of things.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    Is it just over the holiday shopping madness, or forever? Mind you it would be extremely inconvenient to not have easy access to those shops over the holiday season, but if they re-implement it, it might not be so bad in the grand scheme of things.
    My understanding is that the change is permanent. Their website says:

Regrettably, effective November 21, 2011, the following bus stops will no longer be serviced as a result of operational issues on private property:

• #6297 – Imax Theatre
    • #6298 – Zellers
    • #6299 – Future Shop
    • #6300 – Walmart

Service will revert to the on-street stops along Chain Lake Drive.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    My understanding is that the change is permanent. Their website says:

Regrettably, effective November 21, 2011, the following bus stops will no longer be serviced as a result of operational issues on private property:

• #6297 – Imax Theatre
    • #6298 – Zellers
    • #6299 – Future Shop
    • #6300 – Walmart

Service will revert to the on-street stops along Chain Lake Drive.
    Okay, then that blows.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Thread Information