User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just tried to buy 10 items with printed coupons... When I gave the walmart store rep the coupons they applied them, but then I was billed all the tax on the total amount before coupons were applied...How is it people can come out to a $0.00 balance when they do this??? Because now I've just paid for these items, just to the government instead of the retailer, and averaging the volume means I almost paid full (sale) price for 2 of the non-trial size ones which would equal the same amount of product as the 10 trial-sizes I bought...
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Always taxes will be charged on price before coupon , may be they have overage from other items to cover taxes so they will have $ 0.00

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

what sfaraz said.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm getting free gift cards for Amazon just doing my day to day internet searching!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/forgiftcards
    and also for completing surveys at Opinion Outpost!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think in U.S. it's different, it seems like the taxes are included in the coupons but here in Canada our govt likes to suck us out of our money, and yes here in Canada you have to pay taxes on the actual price before coupons are deducted. I used to live in New York but at that time was not into couponing, how I wish I was there now, cause in U.S. they even double coupons and they have coupons for almost everything and much better prices and deals compared to Canada.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you see ppl brags.. most of them say.. Free (only paid tax) or they use somethign that give money back to pay the tax...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay, I see then...

Quote Originally Posted by bijal99 View Post
    I think in U.S. it's different, it seems like the taxes are included in the coupons but here in Canada our govt likes to suck us out of our money, and yes here in Canada you have to pay taxes on the actual price before coupons are deducted. I used to live in New York but at that time was not into couponing, how I wish I was there now, cause in U.S. they even double coupons and they have coupons for almost everything and much better prices and deals compared to Canada.
    Well I live by the border... but you couldn't get a big enough haul in to justify paying the toll and all that, and then if you did you'd be charged the duty or whatever... They've got us coming and going... Stupid government.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This is why I wonder if buying the trial sizes are worth it. If you are getting overage it is great, but if it is just covering the price and you are buying a bunch of them it makes more sense to just buy a bigger product... to me anyway.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If you buy 10x trial sizes at $2.50 - $3 coupon, the item comes to $2.83 nic tax and you get $0.17 towards other purchases, your $3 coupon off the $9 bigger size would leave you paying $6 (plus tax on $9), even if it was $3 for the trial, you still 'win' but you have to question whether all the extra packaging is worth it to the environment (or the hassle with cashiers to use a load of the same coupon)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Thread Information