User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I would totally buy some, but my "baby" is almost 7. I did cloth-diaper her though using Fuzzi Bunz. I'm going to ask my sister if she is interesting (she has a 3 week old), the prices are so affordable.
    Wanna make some spare cash? Check out Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?5382267

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Luck to you! Have you advertised on Kijiji? It is free!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I haven't considered cloth diapering much because of how expensive I saw the diapers were, but now I'm reconsidering. I think it would only be part time, since our son is at a dayhome too and the disposables would be much more convenient there.
    My favorite breed is RESCUED!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it is a good news for you,you have done a good job!
    newfrog.com

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I might have to buy some soon.. Some used aren't even so affordable..

Even doing cloth part time is a great money saver. I did it part time at first and now that's all we use.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I would recommend that you join & introduce yourself on Mommy boards on the net. This could increase your customer base as you would have a higher number of Moms with little ones that may use cloth.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Congrats!!! great prices on the diaper. I will pass it on to my sister she is expecting.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coolmum95 View Post
    Good Luck to you! Have you advertised on Kijiji? It is free!!
    Great suggestions! I put a kijiji ad up 2 days ago and have been getting a good response from it, 3 orders so far, all from kijiji.

Quote Originally Posted by Melatomica View Post
    I haven't considered cloth diapering much because of how expensive I saw the diapers were, but now I'm reconsidering. I think it would only be part time, since our son is at a dayhome too and the disposables would be much more convenient there.
    Like Daisiefire suggests, even part time is a hug money saver. I use disposables when we are on a trip or out and about from the house (I smell better when not carrying around a poopy diaper, lol) or when i got lazy on laundry and there is no clean cloth. My daughter is 9 months old and I have used maybe 4 packs of diapers in total (which I got for a few dollars a pack with stacking).
    You would probably only need 12 cloth diapers to do a load of diapers if you would only be using them evening and weekends. that's $81 initial investment, then when you are done using them on your little one and any future babies you would be able to sell them used on kijiji and get probably around $30-$40 for them.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    I would recommend that you join & introduce yourself on Mommy boards on the net. This could increase your customer base as you would have a higher number of Moms with little ones that may use cloth.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I do need to get more involved with the online mom communities. I am working with Frugal Edmonton Mama on a possible giveaway but the only thing I am unsure of is that I will be reaching the right customer (ie: mom with babies).

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    Congratulations on staring your new business - site looks nice. I didn't read everything but I think a very prominent link - first time moms - what you need to know?

Then tips:

like how many diapers to start out with
    what detergents people like to use
    myths and facts -- do cloth diapers leak more than disposable
    how many trees you`ll save if you use cloth diapers for a year vs disposable
    maybe the facts on what laundry costs and what disposables cost per month

Marketing

- mommy bloggers in the Edmonton area could be a real boost to you
    - list them on your facebook page, write to them and say you`ve started out and shared links to their blogs on your facebook page; drop in and comment on some of their posts
    - each mom who buys is a potential fan - recommender so make that super easy - include little cards with your diapers. If you can have a card like a coffee card that says buy12, get 1 free or something ... but do it in a cute way.

Can you create a starter diaper cake package with a bow etc. - buy for your friend - baby shower etc. People often make diaper cakes with disposables.

Good luck - hope it goes super well.
    Thank you for putting so much thought into your post, you have some awesome ideas! you must be in marketing? or just brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Tida View Post
    Congrats!!! great prices on the diaper. I will pass it on to my sister she is expecting.
    Thanks for the referral Tida! Hmm...I wonder if I would get more orders if I include a mystery coupon package with each order LOL

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

those are super cute. i will be glad to pass along the information to others

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

made in china and cheap? are you sure this is good for a babys butt and not stuff in it that is unhealthy? ;-)

are they CPSIA(Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act) tested? ever heard of harmful/toxic chemical in these cheap stuff from china?
    Last edited by Bubbelinchen; Sat, Dec 31st, 2011 at 06:47 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbelinchen View Post
    made in china and cheap? are you sure this is good for a babys butt and not stuff in it that is unhealthy? ;-)

are they CPSIA(Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act) tested? ever heard of harmful/toxic chemical in these cheap stuff from china?
    I'd assume that Bridgette has done her research on the above items mentioned or she probably wouldn't be using them on her 9 month old baby!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbelinchen View Post

Hi Bubbelinchen. Yes I have definitely heard of merchandise made in China containing harmful/toxic chemicals. For this reason I personally would never sell any China-made food related items (spoons, cups, dishes) or any toys or teethers that would end up in baby's mouth.

As far as cloth diapers go, the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA) requirements are related to flammability not chemical components. I suspect the reason is that the toxic/chemical composition is a much greater concern with the items I mentioned before (food related items, toys etc.) and not much of a concern with fabrics that are washed on an almost daily basis. I can assure you that any cloth diaper is a lot healthier for baby and less toxic than any disposable diaper that is put on baby's bottom. I have had many moms email me thanking me because there baby's constant diaper rash or serious skin conditions such as Psoriasis have cleared up since switching to cloth from disposables.

Sunbaby diapers have been tested in the USA and meet the USA requirements. They have even been tested for lead and have been deemed lead-free. I am in the process of working with Health Canada and will have flammability testing done in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by misschelsey View Post
    I'd assume that Bridgette has done her research on the above items mentioned or she probably wouldn't be using them on her 9 month old baby!
    Thanks for your comment Chelseay! yes you are totally right, I would never put anything on Hazel that I thought might be harmful. I'm one of those over-the-top moms that won't even let her have sugar or white flour and I won't use any commercial baby products (like J&J) that even health Canada has deemed safe, lol.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I used cloth diapers on my daughter 8 years ago before they became popular again and paid $12 a diaper. The funny thing is when I was done with them I sold the whole lot for more than I paid for them. So I paid nothing to diaper my daughter.

Some things to think about.

I am not sure if you are allowed to do this but offer hemp as an alternative insert and have an up-charge. People cloth diapering their babies are doing so for a reason some to save money or for me to save the environment. Hemp inserts are the best. They are the most absorbent, antibacterial, and cause no damage to the environment. You could easily buy hemp and whip them up yourself. I also bought double layered hemp inserts (another up-charge) for night-times so babies may sleep longer without feeling wet or for heavy wetters. It may keeps people in cloth longer.

I also used gerber diaper liners perhaps another items you could offer if they still make them. It was a really thick piece of toilet paper I put in the bum of the diaper and when my daughter pooed I just had to turn the diaper over and the whole mess fell in the toilet and they are flushable.

You may also want to point out the cost of a diaper service vs. owning your own and re-using for other kids or selling and the chemicals they may use to clean the diapers. I did a lot of research as there weren't many options when I was diapering so if you have any questions or would like to bounce any ideas off me feel free.

I wish you great success and I am glad that more people are going back to cloth diapering.

I love to look at pictures of my daughter as a baby and her huge diaper bum.

PS I would love for you to join my clothing and coupon swap! I am also allowing SAHM to bring some info on their businesses. I need to figure out how I am going to work that out. If you have an idea let me know!
    Last edited by alwaysdaddysgirl; Wed, Jan 4th, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Aw man, I wish this was around when I was in the market for cloth diapers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information