User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

This is exactly why no one should EVER clear a shelf! It is greedy and inconsiderate, and will only lead to stricter coupon policies. Who needs 20 of the same deodorant anyways?

We're all excited for Target to come to Canada, but it looks like we may not be too happy with their coupon policy.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I would never clear a shelf... my maximum is four of the same item at a time.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

i keep thinking of why would ANYONE need 276 packs of tic tacs??
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

I could never clear a shelf. It's not fair to the others coming in to get the deal. I know how angry I get when I drive the 25 minutes to town to a store for a specific deal and the shelf is empty, I could never do that to someone else. I noticed on TLC'S extreme couponing that the couponers actually laugh and think it's funny when they completely clear the stores of their products. I wish this show would be cancelled it gives couponers a bad reputation.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

The grocery store I go to often has limits on hot sale items. When 1L chocolate milk is $0.99 the limit is usually 4, pasta is often 6, some items, like frozen novelties, are only 2. I actually like that my grocery store does this because it means there is a better chance that I will get some. Without these limits, if something is on sale at a really good price the shelves will get cleared. And I don't blame couponers, because there are plenty of people who will clear the shelves even if they don't have any coupons.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

In comes airdrie!! Three shoppers yesterday all there listening clear plus empty tear pads it's getting really tough now to even coupon at all. Withsome clearing all the shelf it's tough I have a family to!! Not only that no brands avers in any papers.. Or the scrubbing bubbles inserts anyone know who to make a complaint with?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I also only limit myself to 4. I couldn't imagine clearing the shelves... I used the most coupons I've ever used at shoppers yesterday and was treated like absolute .. It was disgusting..

Purplechocolatecat-oholic Karabana's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

From what I read here, people clear shelves when they're accumulating products to send overseas or give locally for gift hampers. Quite a dilemma, bc on the 1 hand, they're doing good, but on the other, they're annoying others who can't even buy 1, & causing problems for the stores.
    Last edited by Karabana; Sun, Nov 20th, 2011 at 09:46 AM.

Swaggin is my madness: www.swagbucks.com/refer/Karabana
    ^Easy free stuff yo^!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I am completely opposed to shelf-clearing and find it is quite easy to build a good stockpile over a period of time by sticking to 'no more than 4-6 of one item at a time'. However, I do have to say that after a year of hearing about shelf-clearers I am now at least as frustrated with retailers who allow this as I am with customers who do it. Tell me, why in heaven's name would a retailer allow an individual customer to purchase in such ridiculous quantities? Couponers needs to show responsibility and good judgment but so do store managers.

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2HoneyB View Post
    I also only limit myself to 4. I couldn't imagine clearing the shelves... I used the most coupons I've ever used at shoppers yesterday and was treated like absolute .. It was disgusting..
    Same here. I had probley 20 or more coupons I used yesterday at SDM. And when I handed the cashier my coupons she made a loud announcment to everyone that she would have to close her cash cause she was just handed 10thousand coupons, she was very rude and I was really upset with this SDM for treating a loyal customer like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

You should talk to SDM head office about the incident. That is completely unprofessional and as you said extremely rude. It doesn't matter where one works, you simply can't say those kinds of things to customers. Doesn't matter if you're a cashier or a lawyer...sometimes we all need to just 'zip it'. I used around 20 coupons yesterday at my SDM and the cashier put them all through at the speed of light. It was a new location for me and I will definitely be going back.
    Last edited by DianneS; Sun, Nov 20th, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I only used about 5 coupons at SMD yesterday, but the cashier rang them through without barely looking at them. I was glad to get through the checkout quite easily, since my cashier at Walmart the other day took quite a long time to ring in my coupons, especially the free Asana yogurt and free veggie coupons I was redeeming.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

The only time I will clear a shelf is if there are only 2-3 items left. Honestly, sometimes I would rather be able to first purchase normal quantities (ie 4-6 depending on the item/deal) and then get rainchecks. This way I can decide when I want to put the money out, rather than a big shop all at once. At our Walmart (maybe all of them?) if you have a raincheck for 6, but are buying fewer than that, they will just change the number and you still get your remaining rainchecks. Our Zellers won't do that. If you don't use 'em in one shot, you lose the remaining ones. Boo Zellers!

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

They are making it sound so negative! They do get reimbursed the value of the coupon and honestly I don’t really care if cashiers get ``frustrated`` or if its hard on some of the other employees. I don’t clear shelves unless there’s only a few left. Its part of there job and I most definitely don’t feel bad about using coupons because it makes there life harder . The way I see it is if you work in a store then deal with coupons Don’t like it then get a new job

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information