User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: socks and purses

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

i have issues with socks, especially those thin cotton ones, I bought black ones for work, they last a few weeks before my big toe goes through them and i put them on the other foot until it annoys me , then in the garbage they go.

As for purses, well I buy purses when I am in a bad mood. One grumpy day and a trip to the coach outlet cost me $700. I have a rubbermaid bin full of them. I have NEVER worn out a purse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

l toss out my socks or give to mother in law to dust as l can't stand to have even a little bitty hole in them, it drives me CRAZY
    iceblueraven likes this.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

If the sock has a hole on the bottom I keep it, BUT if the hole is anywhere near my toes in the garbage they go!!

I am not a big handbag person, I usually get a new one every year from my grandmother. for 2 years I used this D&G handbag that she gave to me. Everytime she got a new handbag she would gift one my sisters or myself her old one, she hates being 'out of season' . When my son was born she bought me a brand new bag, I used it for most of the summer but now it's sitting in a fabric bag in my closet. Since I had my son I've been using a lululemon reuseable bag as his diaper bag/binder holder.

LOL

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenMGorecki View Post
    l toss out my socks or give to mother in law to dust as l can't stand to have even a little bitty hole in them, it drives me CRAZY
    I am the same way, a whole any where in my socks, it has to go in the garbage, and if they are too big for my feet can't wear them either I hate when the toes of the socks dangle every where

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

after darning all those socks, they got holes again!
    the hell with mending them back, off it goes to the garbage
    might as well start with new socks for the new year!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I toss anything that is broken beyond repair. I HATE holes and broken stuff, my husband on the other hand, that's a different story

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

i buy those thick grey wool mens socks - theyre hideous and i love it lol but they keep my feet toasty

in the summer i`m a bare footing hippy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_cio View Post
    I toss anything that is broken beyond repair. I HATE holes and broken stuff, my husband on the other hand, that's a different story
    I'm like you too... but when it comes to socks, I can't seem to let go... only cuz the hole is small enough to sew, yet it still doesn't do the job!

I'm glad I trashed them anyway, yesterday I discovered a big rip in the bum part of my denim jeans, will definaltey throw those away... only cuz I got them FREE many many years ago

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Have never had a whole in a sock probably the washer or dryer stole one so of course I had to buy more, as for the purse I usually have a back up just in case the srtap or zipper breaks

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I buy all my socks the same color.. that way I always have a matching pair.. I don't darn anymore.. I did the darning, home made bread, made my own curtains etc when the kids were little..I only wear socks a few months of the year.. they never seem to wear out.. purses are the same.. they never wear out.. I buy myself a new to me one every few years. .. 2nd to last one was a coach from the store.. last one was from Valu village.. I really like to trade reuse purses.. with my sisters we just give them back and forth..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I don`t darn socks. If there is a hole they go in the garbage. As for purses DH thinks I have a problem. I like to switch it up.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm still waiting for my strap to break, so I can use my new purse!
    one of the straps is hanging by the thread and still hanging on.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't darn socks!!!!!!

I usually get a few cheap purses a year, one for the spring/summer on for the fall/winter. I actually bought a great purse on january first and it is the best purse I ever owned. It was $228 on sale for $80 and I got it with the money my mom sent for Christmas so, it is my christmas present from my mom and I love it!!! It is a black keather B. Makowsky bag and oh, sooooo soft!!
    Nanoush

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I don't darn socks, but I will wear them until people (mostly DH) make fun of me for the holes... my Oma used to darn our socks when she would visit when we were little, but they always felt so weird after that we wouldn't wear them anymore.

I always only have one purse on the go at a time... I wear them out before I get a new one - and then it pains me to spend more than $20 (usually can find one on clearance for about $10).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    do you darn your socks once you get holes on the toes? or do you toss them away?

do you wear and tear your purse before buying a new one?

As for me, I darn my socks
    and wear down my purse until the zipper and straps break!

Same as me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information