User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Trading Score
    45 (96%)

I have 6 tickets I got from someone on this site but I wont be able to go. Pm if interested

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Thanks so much to all those that offered tickets, especially maniackid and ladyali. My DH took my DS, DD, and my son's friend. They were really excited. They are there now.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It was ok not sure if I would again. There was a lot of empty seats in the higher levels. We were in the 300s. They did give out a lot of t shirts but not in the higher levels

Canuttie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Really disappointed, as well as all my friends that I dragged to this event, and the Raptors players exhibition, not a good one, fans with no basketball background did better, no wonder why they are not in to the top best basketball teams.They didn't use the numbers of the tickets to pick fans to participate in their games.

Most of the give aways that they threw to the public were red facecloths and rubber balls, no face painting or at least I did no see it, as they promised, and I walked around the all Air Canada centre on 3 levels, if this is the way to get more fans they just lost a truck load of at least 24.

The mascots did very good though, really funny and friendly and the Cheer leaders not just beautiful but talented and very kind, good choreography. Another good thing was that they just charged $5 for parking at the Toronto Public Parking authority and not $25 as for other events.

I don't like to whine after receiving free tickets for me, all my family and my friends, but if you are driving at least 200 kilometres and having to pay your own lunch, you expect something better.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Applepie View Post
    It was ok not sure if I would again. There was a lot of empty seats in the higher levels. We were in the 300s. They did give out a lot of t shirts but not in the higher levels
    I was in the higher level too .. but bcoz the ACC was half empty the security guard came & told us that we could all move to the lower level if we want

So I went down with my friend ..we were almost at the platinum level after the switch ... I missed the T shirt by a whisker .. I almost caught it but the buy behind me went over my head & pushed my hand away .. guess what ?? the T shirt fell in the laps of a guy in front of me .. so neither me nor the guy behind me who was too greedy & pushed me aside got it

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roars View Post
    Really disappointed, as well as all my friends that I dragged to this event, and the Raptors players exhibition, not a good one, fans with no basketball background did better, no wonder why they are not in to the top best basketball teams.They didn't use the numbers of the tickets to pick fans to participate in their games.

Most of the give aways that they threw to the public were red facecloths and rubber balls, no face painting or at least I did no see it, as they promised, and I walked around the all Air Canada centre on 3 levels, if this is the way to get more fans they just lost a truck load of at least 24.

The mascots did very good though, really funny and friendly and the Cheer leaders not just beautiful but talented and very kind, good choreography. Another good thing was that they just charged $5 for parking at the Toronto Public Parking authority and not $25 as for other events.

I don't like to whine after receiving free tickets for me, all my family and my friends, but if you are driving at least 200 kilometres and having to pay your own lunch, you expect something better.
    Me neither ..the other bad thing is Barbosa barely showed his face or played ( just sat on the bench ) .. he was the one raptor I was looking forward to seeing

Also they were throwing T shirts , Jerseys & Balls only to the front few rows.

The people higher up & had no chance of getting any .

However I liked the way some of the players signed their shoes & threw them in the crowd

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It sucks to hear that so many people were disappointed in the Fan Jam. I had lower bowl tickets and had an amazing time, I had my face painted like the Raptors logo, a jersey on, a raptors jacket and was waving a . My cousin was picked to do the dizzy bat and we both were chosen to be a part of the raptors fanatic zone. We never saw anyone that had their faces painted or too many people wearing a jersey or even the Raptors colors. This was an event to come out to and show your support for the Raptors and I think alot of people just took it as something free that they could go to, minimal spirit.
    Agree with alot of people that the section 300's didn't get anything, was pretty dark, lonely and grundgy looking up there. People should have ran up there and tossed things out!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

My DH took our kids, a friend each and my brother and his girlfriend but they said they were disappointed and left before it ended. We won't bother going again, even if it's free! I say free loosly when it cost $35 for 3 drinks, 2 popcorn and 1 bag of peanuts!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I went with my hubby and bro and sis-in-law and we left in the middle as well. At least we were able to move to the lower bowl as well, but it was not quite what we expected. But thanks to the Raptors for putting that on! A lot of people enjoyed themselves

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ty

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just got an email, they have a short video from yesterday:
    http://www.nba.com/teamsites/raptors...am-oct-24-2010

Maybe if they have it next year it will be a little better. Not complaining, it was better than just sitting at home. My bf liked the mascots-he thought that was the best thing of the jam lol.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I had a great time with my kids and hubby. I can't afford NBA tickets, so this is the best the kids will get.
    As for the seats, I had level 300 but the ushers told us as soon as we got in to move wherever we wanted within reason. They wouldn't let you on the court or platinums unless you had the tickets, but otherwise you could move below and have a blast.
    I will definitely go again for the kids. They had a blast as did I

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread Information