User Tag List

aww
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I just want to get info on what I was told was LD's 'policy' while I was stacking at Jasper Gates (149 St/Stony Plain Rd) last night. The cashier said that it's a limit of $3 of printables per TRANSACTION. Um, I've never heard this, anyone else? I can understand per item, but not transaction. Me and her get along well enough, I've heard that some others have had the best experience with her (Joan) so I was kind of surprised. I also remember being told in the past by her that it's stacking OR pricematching, now I know it can be both so I don't know what was up with that. With Christmas coming up I prefer to avoid WEM just because of the traffic and the number of shoppers there and such.

It kinds of sucked because I had to leave stuff behind - I was depending on the printables to get some Aveeno stacks down to $4 a product. Has anyone else been told this? I know Windermere can be a PITB for stacking but 149 St?
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I have been told the same thing there too and pretty much told her that this is crazy and completely made up... She told me that if I didn't like it I can call headoffice and complain. Super rude and I have not gone back there since. I prefer nice and friendly customer service.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Looks like BS to me. Go ahead and call head office.

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/...king+at+LD.htm
    Customer Service You can contact a customer service representative using our online feedback form or by phone or email:
    Phone: 1-888-991-2299 | Email: [email protected]

aww
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I think I will when I have a chance. The limit of 4 while price matching and stacking I understand. The $3 total seemed like BS to me. Funny thing is the cashier claimed she questioned it - that it was $3 for the whole transaction and not per item - and said that I was so easy to get along with (when it comes to coupons). Hmm, I might be easy to get along with but that doesn't mean I won't call and find out more from head office. Thanks for the number Tweetybird999.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I agree its total BS. I go to Northtown London Drugs all the time, and they are amazing.. Never ever had 1 issue there I love how couponers now do not have to wait in the slow line ups at london drugs. Customer Service desk is so much better, no more ill trained cashiers

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It sounds like some locations may just want to reduce the number of couponers they put through by 'modifying' the company policies to suit their own needs. Policies are put in place as 'guidelines' and not carved in stone. There has to be some flexibility afforded to the consumer, especially when the competition is fierce and everyone is fighting for a bigger share of the almighty consumer dollar. Yes, it can take some extra time to process all those pm's and stacks and such, but if the cashiers are trained properly and the couponers are organized, then the transactions should be a piece of cake!

aww
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

coolmum95 - Them refusing the printables is actually making them do more work, because the stuff I left behind now had to be reshelved. The cashier was efficient at coupons, the store was not busy, and another til was open (with no large line up). I agree that policies may be used as guidelines but this cashier seemed to just make up her own. I was refused to use printables on items I was only buying one or two of, excluding Oasis Juice, which they had several dozen of (and even then, I was only getting four and different flavours). I actually didn't PM a single thing, I hate to PM, it just seems like too much hassle at times. If it wasn't Christmas shopping time I would have headed straight to WEM LD but I hate dealing with parking, traffic and too many shoppers from the Nov. long weekend until the January long weekend. I'll have to head there anyways and see the nice smiling faces of the wonderful customer service stuff there that love coupons.

Thread Information