User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So if I buy electronics, gifts etc with Mega Redemption and need to return something , do I get a refunds and is it on a gift card or... Just wondering as I am putting my list together.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Generally speaking, you can't return electronics. A few stores will accept returns on electronics that aren't opened but I would check for sure with your store.

Regarding other purchases "Refunds or exchanges can be made within 30 days of the original date of purchase with receipt. Refunds will be issued in original form of tender." I believe that you would only get a refund of a percentage of your points. I could be wrong! I've never had to return anything from a points redemption, myself.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I once returned an item I had purchased with my points (item was damaged, and they didnt have any other ones to replace the item - not an electronic) - they gave us our refund on the shoppers gift card.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ancarett View Post
    Generally speaking, you can't return electronics. A few stores will accept returns on electronics that aren't opened but I would check for sure with your store.

Regarding other purchases "Refunds or exchanges can be made within 30 days of the original date of purchase with receipt. Refunds will be issued in original form of tender." I believe that you would only get a refund of a percentage of your points. I could be wrong! I've never had to return anything from a points redemption, myself.
    At my SDM - you can return electronics, as long as the item is unopened and you have the receipt. I am not sure what they do with items purchased with points. You can always ask what their policy is (especially with Christmas gifts - see if they allow exchanges or refunds).
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

You found a coupon where?
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My SDM has a big sign up no returns on any electronics.
    Christa

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by camera_mom View Post
    My SDM has a big sign up no returns on any electronics.
    Which location is it, if you don't kind sharing

Frugal and Proud
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just return it to Walmart and they will give you a gift card.
    If you can't afford a vet then you can't afford a pet

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I won't do that. When I was younger my bro asked me to return something from WM that he bought somewhere else and did I ever get in !!!!! I was banned from the store....Its a long story. That was about 15 years ago.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I checked with 2 SDM's in WINNIPEG and was told returns can be made after Christmas or on Redemption day so I can re-buy it with my points....I also asked for a gift receipt and they wrote on my original bill I have til Jan 12th to do a return.

When you buy an item with points from redemption and want to return it you get the FULL amount you paid(with points) in the form of an SDM gift card.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I have a question and believe I know I had a MAJOR blonde moment.

Saturday I went into my 24hour SDM for mega redemption. The first redemption went fine (DSXL, perfume sampler, chip dips for dd's bday party). The second redemption didn't go so smoothly.

I bought a bunch of things and when I went to cash out, I started talking to the cashier about their lack of Nintendo games. She said they were all hidden under the cash and pulled some out. I saw 2 of the 2000 point Nintendo Wii cards so I said I'd take those. Then she said they put me $40 over the $250 (they were each $19.99), so I took off a couple other items. Then I paid. After paying I realized I paid quite a lot - $69!!! What? I looked at the bill and it said Optimum points $213. So, obviously the points cards are GIFT CERTIFICATES! Darn it!

I should have noticed when the total was so high but I didn't. So, I asked her to return them and I'd get the things I took off in the first place but she said she couldn't do returns, only day shifts can.

So, my question is can I return everything and rebuy just my original items? And then get the $250 off, instead of just $213? Or am I stuck with it the way it is?

Even if I can't return the 2 points cards because GC's are usually not returnable. I just dont want to lose $40 of redemption money! I feel like such a tool! I mean, I know GC's are not included but for some reason I didn't clue in that the Nintendo Wii points cards was a GC. Huge blonde moment!!!

Thanks for any info!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I have a question and believe I know I had a MAJOR blonde moment.

Saturday I went into my 24hour SDM for mega redemption. The first redemption went fine (DSXL, perfume sampler, chip dips for dd's bday party). The second redemption didn't go so smoothly.

I bought a bunch of things and when I went to cash out, I started talking to the cashier about their lack of Nintendo games. She said they were all hidden under the cash and pulled some out. I saw 2 of the 2000 point Nintendo Wii cards so I said I'd take those. Then she said they put me $40 over the $250 (they were each $19.99), so I took off a couple other items. Then I paid. After paying I realized I paid quite a lot - $69!!! What? I looked at the bill and it said Optimum points $213. So, obviously the points cards are GIFT CERTIFICATES! Darn it!

I should have noticed when the total was so high but I didn't. So, I asked her to return them and I'd get the things I took off in the first place but she said she couldn't do returns, only day shifts can.

So, my question is can I return everything and rebuy just my original items? And then get the $250 off, instead of just $213? Or am I stuck with it the way it is?

Even if I can't return the 2 points cards because GC's are usually not returnable. I just dont want to lose $40 of redemption money! I feel like such a tool! I mean, I know GC's are not included but for some reason I didn't clue in that the Nintendo Wii points cards was a GC. Huge blonde moment!!!

Thanks for any info!
    Well, I would technically say it was the cashier's fault? She said it would put you over your $250 and she was wrong. I would definitely go back and raise a stink!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    Well, I would technically say it was the cashier's fault? She said it would put you over your $250 and she was wrong. I would definitely go back and raise a stink!
    I dont want to get anyone in trouble because honestly I should have put 2 and 2 together. lol. Points card = GC. Seriously not a good idea for me to shop at 1:30am.

I have to go back into town tomorrow so I'm going to go in and just ask, I still have everything in the bags so it's worth a shot. I'm not expecting anything but it would be nice. $40 can buy a lot of diapers! Such a shame to see it go to waste. And I'm totally kicking myself for switching things last minute at the cash.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

i believe with the new registers, returns are returned in points pro-ratio amount.
    Join to earn GCs and many more prizes..
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/linny

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have never return anything from redemption so I am not sure how it work. If it's skincare product can I return it at ANY SDM or do I have to go back to the store where I bought it for refund. (I want to return 1 of my olay kit, I realized I had too many, I bought 9 kits when it was on clearance and yesterday I bought 2 more, silly me. Now I have 13 jars of cream, 9 eyerollers)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlene_the_bean View Post
    I won't do that. When I was younger my bro asked me to return something from WM that he bought somewhere else and did I ever get in !!!!! I was banned from the store....Its a long story. That was about 15 years ago.
    True ..sometimes they can think you are a shop lifter or something & trying to return a stolen product without your receipt .

My WM will check your Drivers Licence ..plus right down all your personal info ( huge identity theft risk ) etc if you try to return an item without receipt ..too much hassle ( but don't blame them as they don't have to take it back ) ..but sometimes you get a gift you don't want & want to return & you don't even have a gift receipt ( its awkward to ask for it from the person who gave the gift to you )

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information