User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

i don't think you could return electronics beacuse when I got my 3ds they repeated tell me that it's not refundable and if there's any problem then I have to contact nintendo.

However, I have returned (wanting to exchange) unopened children vitamins that I redeemed for and they refunded directly to my credit card.

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by atashi View Post
    i don't think you could return electronics beacuse when I got my 3ds they repeated tell me that it's not refundable and if there's any problem then I have to contact nintendo.

However, I have returned (wanting to exchange) unopened children vitamins that I redeemed for and they refunded directly to my credit card.
    It depends on the store. The two stores I redeemed at told me before hand that as long as they are not opened, electronics can be returned. They even said if it is opened, they might have to give me a store credit. So it is YMMV.

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by metatrix View Post
    but it's un-opened!

The beauty boutique person even said I could exchange my lancome foundation (which I've actually used) for a different colour, because she said the other beauty boutique I went to sold me the wrong colour. She was very mad at the other location, lol!
    It's kind of crazy I know! One time I tried to return a brush set, they refused to do it because it had one of those packages that you can't determine whether it's opened or not (i.e. there is no seal or anything that could be broken if opened). They refused return based on the fact that they can not tell whether or not I've opened it. I was furious! It was the most rediculous thing I've heard of. If they don't want to return just say so, don't blame it on the packaging!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smf008 View Post
    It's kind of crazy I know! One time I tried to return a brush set, they refused to do it because it had one of those packages that you can't determine whether it's opened or not (i.e. there is no seal or anything that could be broken if opened). They refused return based on the fact that they can not tell whether or not I've opened it. I was furious! It was the most rediculous thing I've heard of. If they don't want to return just say so, don't blame it on the packaging!

It really depends on cashier or supervisor. I just returned a blush set today with no problem. They gave me a gift card.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought smash box foundation, had the lady apply it to my face instore thought it looked fine. Today I tried it again, went outside with my mirror and I notice the colour is off on my neck. GRRHHH!!!!! I hate that I am so pale, and hate when the color from my face is differ from my neck. I called and was advised I could exchange it. This will be my second exchange with them. They're going to think I'm crazy, but I am really picky, I need foundation to look natural.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry to resurrect this, but what about price match/exchange? The Acer laptop I redeemed for (230$) is in next weeks flyer for 190$... I still want to keep the lap top but am wondering if they would do a return then let me re-buy it for the lower price... How would that work? Would I simply walk away with a 40$ gift card, points remain the same?
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mel View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this, but what about price match/exchange? The Acer laptop I redeemed for (230$) is in next weeks flyer for 190$... I still want to keep the lap top but am wondering if they would do a return then let me re-buy it for the lower price... How would that work? Would I simply walk away with a 40$ gift card, points remain the same?

IF they will do it you will be deducted 400 points.
    Let me know if they will do it, I'm curious!
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Does SDM even do an Ad Match? Electronics seem to be higher on Bonus Redemption weekends. I returned the 2 Life Brand vitamin/supplement items from redemption, the price was lower in the next flyer, so I did it before the price changed just in case. But I didn't want them, one was opened and unsuitable but they guarantee their own product. The just put the amount an a gift card.

On another issue, have you tried out the laptop, as I am considering getting it with a regular redemption if we even get them in.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I purchased the JVC Ipod boom box for 249.99 on the Mega redemption weekend. Today, when I was at my SDM, I noticed that it is reduced by 50 dollars to 199.99. Can I keep the item, but ask for a price adjustment for the price difference?

Smart Cookie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLil View Post
    I once returned an item I had purchased with my points (item was damaged, and they didnt have any other ones to replace the item - not an electronic) - they gave us our refund on the shoppers gift card.
    that's exactly what happened to me during mega redemption. I got a thermometer with 10k bp but it wouldn't even turn on, only error codes. so I brought it back next day and got a refund on gift card. as far as i know, the 10k bp still stands.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I bought a PS3 game on redemption day, they took it from behind the counter and put it in the bag (as what i picked up was an empty box on the shelf) My husband opened it to play it when i got home and we realized in was in french only. I took it back immediately and the manager said that she couldn't take it back, that it was opened. I also needed to exchange an item i bought, so she took back something at $49.99 and I bought something at $44.95, they gave me the balance back in cash. Noticed i could have got 440 pts had I given her back my card.

my husband emailed HO to complain on not properly putting labels on french only games (as most are bilingual). He was told to send them a copy of the receipt and pts number and there's a chance they're going to take it back....fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Kibby; Thu, Dec 15th, 2011 at 12:27 AM.

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

From my previous dealings with my local SDM, they claim that they do not do price adjustment. The only option is to return and re-buy. So basically return it onto a gift card and then buy it with the gift card. It will probably take some pushing on your part but it can be done. Also its dependent on the return policy of electronics of the store you bought it from.
    Last edited by smf008; Thu, Dec 15th, 2011 at 01:27 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I had no issues price matching today They returned it onto a gift card for me then charged me for the sale price so I walked away with a GC for 44$ and some change
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I got a RCA 22', the colour doesn't look right, my SDM won't let me exchange or return, just told me to call RCA . I will try with another manager again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I returned a game and remote once unopened with reciept purchased with points and the balance was put on my cc.. they put the balance owing to my credit card.. not sure if it is a store by store policy or nationwide.. but that was my experience which was fine for me!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information