User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiegirl View Post
    So if I buy electronics, gifts etc with Mega Redemption and need to return something , do I get a refunds and is it on a gift card or... Just wondering as I am putting my list together.
    SDM is a franchise type operation so sometimes they don't have a consistent head office policy regarding returns ( especially electronics ) ..& individual stores take their own decision .

Even if you call HO sometimes they will tell you that its upto that particular store

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I have never return anything from redemption so I am not sure how it work. If it's skincare product can I return it at ANY SDM or do I have to go back to the store where I bought it for refund. (I want to return 1 of my olay kit, I realized I had too many, I bought 9 kits when it was on clearance and yesterday I bought 2 more, silly me. Now I have 13 jars of cream, 9 eyerollers)
    I also want to know that. I accidentally put in 2 bottles of Olay instead of 1. Didn't realize it until home. Do I have to go back to the store I bought it? Moreover, what is returning like for skin care or cosmetic products like in general? Do they give you a hard time too?

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by linny View Post
    i believe with the new registers, returns are returned in points pro-ratio amount.
    Mm. That's not that different then putting it on a gift card then. You still get the redemption rate at the mega bonus level for the remainder of your transaction. So if one bought 250 worth of products for 95000 points. If she returns 125 worth of products and getting back 47500 points, that means she was able to redeem 47500 points for 125.

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    Well, I would technically say it was the cashier's fault? She said it would put you over your $250 and she was wrong. I would definitely go back and raise a stink!
    My cashier did that too. She was only looking at the total (after tax) and told me it's over. So I started taking things out of the first cart and that messed up the whole thing!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    131 (100%)

i was told by the store manager that i could return items bought with my points during the mega redemption but that i would not be getting the points back- once you use up the 95000 points they cant put them back on the card when you do returns. Not sure if his info was accurate but this is what he told me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I returned a Ps3 controller (~$50) that I got from redeeming points yesterday at the MR.
    I expected to get the points refunded, or a gift card in the amount, but they actually gave me a full refund to my debit card.
    I was pleasantly surprised, but also confused as someone could essentially then trade in their Optimum points for cash if they were being sneaky about it... but I didn't argue with the cashier of course. She mentioned that in some cases they might claw back points to penalize the purchaser for the return (which would put me at a negative points balance as I redeemed them all yesterday), but so far there hasn't been any change in my balance so I doubt that will happen.

Probably just a fluke since I live in a fairly small community (to put it in perspective, I shopped mid-morning yesterday during MR and there were 4 other shoppers in the whole store) and they don't have to deal with a lot of this stuff. Like others have said, it must vary a lot from store to store.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I bought a Jets Blanket...got it home ready to wrap and seen big snags....went back to exchange it but they had none left so I just returned it and got $$ back instead of points

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

small update: I went into the store and they told me they can't do anything at store level but that if I call the 1-800 number tomorrow, they will give me $40 worth of points.

I'll update after I call tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I have a question and believe I know I had a MAJOR blonde moment.

Saturday I went into my 24hour SDM for mega redemption. The first redemption went fine (DSXL, perfume sampler, chip dips for dd's bday party). The second redemption didn't go so smoothly.

I bought a bunch of things and when I went to cash out, I started talking to the cashier about their lack of Nintendo games. She said they were all hidden under the cash and pulled some out. I saw 2 of the 2000 point Nintendo Wii cards so I said I'd take those. Then she said they put me $40 over the $250 (they were each $19.99), so I took off a couple other items. Then I paid. After paying I realized I paid quite a lot - $69!!! What? I looked at the bill and it said Optimum points $213. So, obviously the points cards are GIFT CERTIFICATES! Darn it!

I should have noticed when the total was so high but I didn't. So, I asked her to return them and I'd get the things I took off in the first place but she said she couldn't do returns, only day shifts can.

So, my question is can I return everything and rebuy just my original items? And then get the $250 off, instead of just $213? Or am I stuck with it the way it is?

Even if I can't return the 2 points cards because GC's are usually not returnable. I just dont want to lose $40 of redemption money! I feel like such a tool! I mean, I know GC's are not included but for some reason I didn't clue in that the Nintendo Wii points cards was a GC. Huge blonde moment!!!

Thanks for any info!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smf008 View Post
    I also want to know that. I accidentally put in 2 bottles of Olay instead of 1. Didn't realize it until home. Do I have to go back to the store I bought it? Moreover, what is returning like for skin care or cosmetic products like in general? Do they give you a hard time too?
    I phoned the store and was told they will give me a refund in SDM giftcard but I have to bring it back to the store where I made the redemption. Last time I got stuck with the crappy Fuji camera I thought I couldn't return it once I made the redemption.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I returned two digital frames today from the Mega Redemption. Got back the dollar value on a gift card

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    small update: I went into the store and they told me they can't do anything at store level but that if I call the 1-800 number tomorrow, they will give me $40 worth of points.

I'll update after I call tomorrow.
    I called the 1-800 numbe3r and they gave me 30,000 points (the equivalent to $40). Was very happy with their customer service!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I want to return a blush I bought with my points...I realized that it's the same blush as in the lancome gift set I bought from the bay (aplum). Same colour and everything! And it was $38!

Shouldn't be a problem, right?

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by metatrix View Post
    I want to return a blush I bought with my points...I realized that it's the same blush as in the lancome gift set I bought from the bay (aplum). Same colour and everything! And it was $38!

Shouldn't be a problem, right?
    Sounds like so. Although I sometimes find the cosmetics sections more difficult as they claim for 'hygene' reasons.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by smf008 View Post
    Sounds like so. Although I sometimes find the cosmetics sections more difficult as they claim for 'hygene' reasons.
    but it's un-opened!

The beauty boutique person even said I could exchange my lancome foundation (which I've actually used) for a different colour, because she said the other beauty boutique I went to sold me the wrong colour. She was very mad at the other location, lol!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Returning the blush shouldn't be an issue. I purchased a quo makeup set and the makeup lady said that if I wasn't happy with it I could return it no matter how much I used within a 30 day period with my reciept. Just don't know if they would return the points or give a gift card or cash back since I redeemed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information