User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best Infant Car Seats - Consumer's Report

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I got the Safety 1st Alpha and Omega Carseat that is good up to eighty pounds. Originally paid $169 but they went on sale at Walmart for $99 the day before my price adjustment date was up. I've had no complaints and DS seems to like having all the extra room since he was pretty squished in the Graco we originally had.

I was watching Oprah a few months ago and a woman was driving with her triplets in the back and they were hit and all three of the kids died. Honestly people should be more worried about the safety features of their vehicle...

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    I got the Safety 1st Alpha and Omega Carseat that is good up to eighty pounds. Originally paid $169 but they went on sale at Walmart for $99 the day before my price adjustment date was up. I've had no complaints and DS seems to like having all the extra room since he was pretty squished in the Graco we originally had.

I was watching Oprah a few months ago and a woman was driving with her triplets in the back and they were hit and all three of the kids died. Honestly people should be more worried about the safety features of their vehicle...
    This seat only harnesses to 40lbs then can be used as a booster til 80lbs

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

thank you everyone for your input!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had the Graco baby seat and then we have 3 britax carseats and the safety first one too. I love them all!

Krystal
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    Britax frontier!
    Harness til 65 lbs then used a a booster til 120lbs

I have one of these in cowmooflauge and looove it
    Thanks! My advocate is cowmooue and I love that print!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    I work in a baby store and I chose Britax without a question! I had a Britax chaperone infant seat and now we have a Britax boulevard cs, a britax frontier and a clek olli!!
    Im obsessed with carseats

I stumbled upon your post while researching & trying to decide on what carseat to buy. I have pretty much decided on either the Britax Marathon or Boulevard. However I am wondering if these are the best choice and if they are really worth the extra money. My toys r us doesn't keep these I stock so I am unable to try them for myself. Since you have seen all of these, what is your opinion. Also I have to buy a high back booster for my oldest daughter and am trying to decide between the Britax and the Clek. Help!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

First of all - congrats!!

I would go with the Britax Advocate. It's good from birth (5 lbs) to 65 pounds. So no need to buy an expensive infant car seat and then less than a year later spend another bucket of money on a bigger car seat.

We have the same Britax Advocates 65 CS (65 meaning good up to 65 pounds, CS is click safe) . I did hours and days of research in every way possible - online, asking around, forums, Consumer Reports, etc etc. The Britax came out on top every time and the Advocate is the safest and has the most side/head protection. It also has the CS (click safe) feature which is so nice when trying to figure out how tight to have the straps.

They cost us nearly $500 each brand new from Babies R Us. Luckily mu parents paid for the first one. So they aren't cheap. But the way I see it is I would rather save and work hard to get the best seats for my kids because a vehicle is a dangerous place to be and if anything happened I'd look back wishing I'd paid the bit more for a good seat...

The Britax Advocate also allows for your child to be rear facing for up to 35 or 40 pounds (it says if you look online at babiesrus.ca - - sorry csnt remember now lol) . Rear facing is always the safest as a baby's/toddler's head is something like 25 percent of their body weight (don't quote me on this I just know its a lot more in proportion to an adults from all the studies I have read in car seats). This means that their neck can snap so much easier if they are forward facing. We just lost our car a few months ago but up until then we still had DD and DS rear facing and they are 18 months and 28 months. Lots of people make stupid comments about having them rear facing still but I have done my research and I know what is safe and what kind of car seat I have.

I'd go with any kind of Britax model. Keep your eye out for sales on babiesrus.ca and you can sometimes find them $100 cheaper.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Bronwen; Fri, Sep 21st, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
    glowworm2k likes this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I am just now starting this research. We don't know what we're going to get yet, but we want to only buy one carseat, not one of those clunky carry-around infant ones that needs to be replaced so quickly by a bigger one. As we're a one-car household and the infant will only be in the car occasionally (at most once or twice a week to do groceries, etc.) - I will be walking or taking the bus as always as we can't afford another car - we can't see the point in getting an infant seat. We have purchased a soft carrier, and I am also thinking about making a moby wrap (they're under $10 if you make 'em yourself and use fabric ends! ) Thanks to everyone for your comments; you're all saving me time on my research which can be re-purposed towards getting more sleep!
    Bronwen likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One way to keep your journey to South america as safe as possible is by purchasing vehicle insurance strategy for journey to South america. Travel insurance strategy, such as that of the vehicle insurance strategy wide range, is always a wise investment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information