User Tag List

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Smart Canucks does not attack other members

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Expired
    Smart Canucks is not a witch hunt, you do not attack a member publicly. The member in question does have another address and ip is different. I investigated this months ago and all seemed fine. We cant just automatically ban someone because they happen to live on the same street!

If there were problems with Sdm points and this member only one person has pmed me and that was TODAY!

Please ffwd all the pertinent information to Boo, myself and Amberlab and well see what we can find.

I did NOT APPRECIATE posts blaming me for this incident. I cleared one of these members months ago, like I said we can't ban people that trades are going through and just because they live on the same street doesn't mean we can blame them. Of course theres no saying that people aren't going to go bad later.

I thought we clearly have stated many times to use a separate card for sdm trades? NOT your regular card. This all sadly could of been prevented.

If your points have been comprimised please message me asap.

Who you have traded points with in the past month
    If you have particpated in one of the friends events
    How many points were stolen

Please do not assume its just one of the people blamed.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Sally888; Sun, Dec 4th, 2011 at 12:25 PM.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Smart Canucks is not a witch hunt, you do not attack a member publicly. The member in question does have another address and ip is different. I investigated this months ago and all seemed fine. We cant just automatically ban someone because they happen to live on the same street!

If there were problems with Sdm points and this member only one person has pmed me and that was TODAY!

We can't just rip someone apart like this. Please ffwd all the pertinent information to Boo, myself and Amberlab and well see what we can find.

I did NOT APPRECIATE posts blaming me for this incident. I cleared her months ago, like I said we can't ban people that trades are going through and just because they live on the same street doesn't mean we can pitchfork them. Of course theres no saying that people aren't going to go bad later.

I thought we clearly have stated many times to use a seperate card for sdm trades? NOT your regular card. This all could of been prevented.
    +1

Everyone needs to just calm down. I know it's hard if you have lost points and admittedly I would be upset too, but pointing the finger randomly and without solid proof just muddles the issue furthr and could impede getting to the bottom of the problem.

Once more information is found, from reliable sources and after a solid investigation, then I'm sure the Mods will tell us how to proceed.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

i have no idea what you're talking about...but it is never good to lay public blame....if the accusations are not true,m the person will forever remain tarnished
    ....just be happy

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I agree that it is not a witch hunt, but I think that names were posted to prevent other members from being scammed out of points, GCs, coupons etc. if they have trades in process with a member that might be in question.
    Last edited by happy_me24; Sun, Dec 4th, 2011 at 11:43 AM.

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

WOW feel ashamed to be apart of this community once again !
    Last edited by Sherbear609; Sun, Dec 4th, 2011 at 11:25 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I agree we need proof first which everyone who had an issue can contact the mods for.

My suggestion is that if it is figured out who did this, that those involved contact thier local RCMP detachment to report it and let them know about all the other persons who got scammed too. I don't think they should go to their local police as this is wide spread and was done via mail for the coupons=mail fraud and the RCMP have the ability to investigate across Canada if needed. Aslo these points are worth alot of money too so that will be taken into consideration.
    I hope this makes the person responsible squirm in their seats thinking about the RCMP coming to their door or to their workplace (if they work) looking for them and then charging them with a Federal offence!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Yes you are right Sally, I think everyone is just mad, disgusted and frustrated that this happened at all, but it should be varified and handled by SDM and the police if needed. SO SO sad for everyone involved.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by happy_me24 View Post
    I agree that it is not a witch hunt, but I think that names were posted to prevent other members from being scammed out of points, GCs, coupons etc. if they have trades in process with a member that might be in question.
    Thats my job to post names in the appropriate thread. I did not receive a pm about this until today.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

And I respect that you added that name to the list just now, but all I was saying was that the member(s) who did post the name of the person in question was not (in my opinion) doing it to just lay blame. I think they were just trying to protect other members from making trades that they would regret or from passing out any info to this person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Thats my job to post names in the appropriate thread. I did not receive a pm about this until today.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Kellyc, the posts were deleted because its clearly stated on sc

We do not attack members publicly

There is one area for negative trade posts, and that is not in the sdm forum

I also am the trade mod not you, please come back tomorrow and stop attacking me. I do not appreicate you saying I have done nothing in the past 24 hours and no mods were available. I was not even contacted until today about the situation at hand. I am not psychic. Like I said you are banned now for 24 hours, come back with a better attitude and respect for the moderators, we try our best.

How are we suppose to figure things out when a bunch of nasty pms have been sent to those accused rather then the owners/admin investigating in a calm and collected manner.

This is a very serious matter, and I have contacted Boo via text and email. I will phone him soon if I do not get a reply. Please refer to the first post if your account has been comprimised and well go from there. Thank you.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sun, Dec 4th, 2011 at 12:13 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm really confused. I naturally assumed when I seen the posts about people having their pnts emptied out.....that Optimum's security had been breached and their site 'hacked'....such as we read about in the papers all the time.

I've missed everything that's happened up to reading this thread, which if I'm understanding it correctly...implies that there's a possibility an SC member or members could be responsible??

What is meant by a different 'card' for trading, etc.???
    Last edited by Carrla; Sun, Dec 4th, 2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: page froze & then posted before I was done...

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Just read this now and am assuming this is in relation to the Carly's thread about her points disappearing?? I notice that thread is not here anymore and is showing as n/a on my control panel. So the entire thread was removed?? I must have missed posts after I made mine on there... but I know that I nor Chris were blaming anyone in the situation, only commenting on how lax SDM security is for their site.

So please correct if I am wrong here, I did not check back later last night for posts on that thread so probably missed a ton of them....

I agree, witch hunts are never good... Cold hard facts are much better! Bottom line, SDM has to fix their security issues with their site and do it fast!
    Is it baseball season yet?

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweave View Post
    Just read this now and am assuming this is in relation to the Carly's thread about her points disappearing?? I notice that thread is not here anymore and is showing as n/a on my control panel. So the entire thread was removed?? I must have missed posts after I made mine on there... but I know that I nor Chris were blaming anyone in the situation, only commenting on how lax SDM security is for their site.

So please correct if I am wrong here, I did not check back later last night for posts on that thread so probably missed a ton of them....

I agree, witch hunts are never good... Cold hard facts are much better! Bottom line, SDM has to fix their security issues with their site and do it fast!
    Ive removed Carlys thread so we can investigate, but there was another thread that I am referring to. I have already pmed Carly.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yeah, Carrla,

It seems pretty clear now that the problem is localized on this site (not SDM-wide). What is recommended is that you should have TWO Optimum cards. One number that you only use to move trades through and usually keep a zero balance on and another card (your real card) where you store most of your points. Never ever never ever ever never give that number out to anyone.

I don't think the problem is SCs fault, but I do think that admin has some responsibility to try to establish who the scammer(s) is/are so as to protect anyone else from further scams. I think we delude ourselves with this "not on SCs?!?!?!" stuff. Anybody can get an account here. Just because they're a member doesn't mean they're honest or even nice.
    Last edited by betholio; Sun, Dec 4th, 2011 at 12:26 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I wasn't on to read the later posts attacking a member, but I'm guessing this is now in relation to a certain person who posted several weeks back about RAOKing 100K (? was it?), SDM points to 100 different people ?

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information