User Tag List

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Regarding the Recent Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points Events - Please Read

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    No reply from my email to SDM & no phone from my friend that works there either...

Carly I am really feeling your pain, I know it is the Christmas Season and all, but SDM can't be that busy not to return calls and emails.

I will tap my foot impatiently till you get answers! ( and points back)

babies teach us acceptance

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

Oh Carly. Wish you had more news to offer than me.
    Nothing here yet either.
    Looking for: Yogurt (FPCs)

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Wishing You all a Merry Christmas and I hope you get your points back !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Hopefully all of you get your stolen points back. I think the thief probably knows he can get away with this. If SDM does nothing about this it will only make the thieves more bold and scams like this will continue in future. I am not sure but I don't think SDM has even made their site more secure and the log in with your postal code or DOB is probably still there.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Hopefully all of you get your stolen points back. I think the thief probably knows he can get away with this. If SDM does nothing about this it will only make the thieves more bold and scams like this will continue in future. I am not sure but I don't think SDM has even made their site more secure and the log in with your postal code or DOB is probably still there.
    +1

If SDM doesn't do anything about the thefts now, whats to stop this from happening again (before I read this thread, I never knew SDM printed the WHOLE card number on some of their receipts (for the call-in surveys).) How many customers absentmindedly toss those in the trash not knowing their points card number is printed there for anyone to pick up/scam off from?
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I for one have no problem apologizing to crispiecreme - I know that I responded in the threads that were removed asking how many people from the RAOK lost their points out of curiosity, and I also already apologized a week+ ago in another thread to her (which was likely missed), so I will repeat it here.

Crispie - I am very sorry that I responded in threads wondering how many from your RAOK lost their points; it was unfair to question this, and certainly would have added to the insanity that was going on at the time.

I would assume that my question may have made other's wonder as well, though I can say with 100% certainty, it was not the cause of the direct blame, as this was posted long before I asked. Regardless, I was wrong to have even asked it, period.

I would also like to publicly ask that the person who PM'd a number of us members directly blaming & pointing to crispiecreame's RAOK before we had any idea what happened, and which I firmly believe snowballed into this mess (I am pretty certain I still have your PM BTW), and the person who made the post directly blaming her to stand up and apologize in public; it was unfair, and should be fixed.

I do hope that people are able to get their points returned, and for those that have the audacity to send nasty PMs to Jezz for getting hers returned.... Shame on you! What the heck is wrong with you!

Last edited by KrazE; Thu, Dec 29th, 2011 at 08:57 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I'm terribly saddened to see that this wasn't resolved before the holidays for so many people. Its unfair as well. I participated in some trades, and RAOKs of points, and I transfered points around like crazy in the days before the mega redemption, even gave 95000 points to my husbands neice who lives 1700 km away -but my points weren't touched- however, I didn't trust my own card and transfered them to other relatives for the mega redemption, but since sdm allows for transfer of points it seems terribly wrong to penilize people for using it. very sad.
    I was asked to teach classes on coupon use after the holidays, I'd prefer to have a local coffee group to swap- I'm hardly an expert, but the biggest thing I hoped to impress upon the people who come, is the value of having a shoppers card. Just because I got to use my points doesn't mean I feel the system is safe. In some ways i do think at least some of these cases of missing points were an inside job, especially where identification information was changed. SDM should want to get to the bottom of it and I don't understand why they are using foolish excuses not to. Its all very sad and discouraging.

Banned
    Sexy Saskatoon (originally from Rider Regina)
    Trading Score
    126 (93%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    I for one have no problem apologizing to crispiecreme - I know that I responded in the threads that were removed asking how many people from the RAOK lost their points out of curiosity, and I also already apologized a week+ ago in another thread to her (which was likely missed), so I will repeat it here.

Crispie - I am very sorry that I responded in threads wondering how many from your RAOK lost their points; it was unfair to question this, and certainly would have added to the insanity that was going on at the time.

I would assume that my question may have made other's wonder as well, though I can say with 100% certainty, it was not the cause of the direct blame, as this was posted long before I asked. Regardless, I was wrong to have even asked it, period.

I would also like to publicly ask that the person who PM'd a number of us members directly blaming & pointing to crispiecreame's RAOK before we had any idea what happened, and which I firmly believe snowballed into this mess (I am pretty certain I still have your PM BTW), and the person who made the post directly blaming her to stand up and apologize in public; it was unfair, and should be fixed.

I do hope that people are able to get their points returned, and for those that have the audacity to send nasty PMs to Jezz for getting hers returned.... Shame on you! What the heck is wrong with you!

Thank you, Kraze! I don't think you did anything wrong in inquiring about the situation and trying to piece together or source where the problem occurred... However, thank you so much!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLil View Post
    +1

If SDM doesn't do anything about the thefts now, whats to stop this from happening again (before I read this thread, I never knew SDM printed the WHOLE card number on some of their receipts (for the call-in surveys).) How many customers absentmindedly toss those in the trash not knowing their points card number is printed there for anyone to pick up/scam off from?

Say no to Cyber Bullying
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crispiecreme View Post
    Oh, I know you weren't one to publicly/privately attack me, Hollyhill. Never, at any point in time was I referring to you. Those who did, know who they are. What I find even more interesting is that several of those who did in fact ambush me didn't have their SDM accounts compromised in the first place.

Even though not all were computer glitches, the audacity for a group of people to ambush another person without any proof/evidence - is still, in my books, wrong. Would you not agree? Albeit, I know it's upsetting to lose something you have worked hard for, however if you don't carry the burden of proof to PROVE that the alleged person did it, what good are your allegations to begin with?

.....Still waiting for those apologies.
    I hope you do get your apologies. In my experience here, people don't. I think people justify things and point the finger without looking at their own actions. I've been accused of things I havn't done so I empathize with you. Hold your head high and ignore those ones.
    START THE CAR....START THE CAR!!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Looks like SDM has managed to put this under the rug , sadly and unfortunately I see something like this happening all over again , unless they catch the thief and fix the issue.

I am guessing almost no one got their stolen points back ..except for maybe a couple.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Looks like SDM has managed to put this under the rug , sadly and unfortunately I see something like this happening all over again , unless they catch the thief and fix the issue.

I am guessing almost no one got their stolen points back ..except for maybe a couple.
    ===================

Jezzebelle is the only one I'm aware of that got her points back as they were stolen as she was actually shopping in store! Happy that she got them back...

I still have had NO reply to my email on Dec 19 ....will be working on my next steps this week as been busy over the holidays!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I really hate SDM for ignoring the issues.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am really sorry that this has happened and hope that you all get your points back.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I really hate SDM for ignoring the issues.
    ===================

Yeah, me too!! & they have the nerve to send me BP coupons in the mail for being a loyal Optimum member!! go figure!!

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information