User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I donate my baby stuff to a non-profit second hand store.I also donate food.
    This year I donated a ton of baby formula and rice cereal.I also donate to family and friends.

Melanie

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    I bring bags of non-perishables to my grocery store's donation box because I believe if EVERYONE brought a least a bag full... there would be plenty to go around... but reading some of these posts , you ladies AMAZE me !!

Bravo
    I couldn't agree more! What a wonderful group, including 2 of you that are especially dear to me! Unfortunately, I am not in the best health as of late and I was unable to put in a lot of time or energy in donating things, but I supported the Canadian cancer society and our local SPCA with thier annual donations drives. I also gave a few bags of non-perishable groceries and bought some toys to give to my work Christmas hamper drive.

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We are a great bunch here on SC

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

I think you ladies are great!!! I donate to mission miles end because its near my work. My dauther daycare also participade in a donation program for Jeunesse au Soleil so I try to bring stuff for them every other week. Being back to work 40h and more a week my couponing time has decrease, hopefully I will be able to keep up my donation also

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think that the $1 is highly underestimated. My husband and I decided to give up our ex-large Timmies every morning and spend $11(for 2011)a week on donations and by combining them with coupons it's been really great. When people say every $1 counts it's true.

We will be doing something else next year as long as it doesn't interfere with our own needs. I feel like as long as we are able we should try no matter what the amount it. When we are no longer able we will stop but for now we a super lucky.

I have been posting my donation every week here.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/173920-...1-week-canada/

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Maybe you don't know, but every 1$ you give to "food bank" becomes a $ 5 purchase in the companies.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieP View Post
    Maybe you don't know, but every 1$ you give to "food bank" becomes a $ 5 purchase in the companies.

Do you mean because they have more purchasing power and get better deals?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

So far this year I've only made monetary donations. I haven't had a chance to go through my stock pile and put things in the donation bin in my local supermarket.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Do you mean because they have more purchasing power and get better deals?
    Something like that, yes!
    Likely that the companies are doing their part by selling at a "cheap" price or making a donation of X when Y items are purchased.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Patty

I loved your thread and the idea. This is the good new days - 2011 Patty style.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I think that the $1 is highly underestimated. My husband and I decided to give up our ex-large Timmies every morning and spend $11(for 2011)a week on donations and by combining them with coupons it's been really great. When people say every $1 counts it's true.

We will be doing something else next year as long as it doesn't interfere with our own needs. I feel like as long as we are able we should try no matter what the amount it. When we are no longer able we will stop but for now we a super lucky.

I have been posting my donation every week here.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/173920-...1-week-canada/
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Patty I love you threat too, this is awsome!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yesterday evening I dropped off some non-perishables at a food bank a couple of blocks away from my house. The food bank was FULL of people, waiting for donations.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I was very fortunate this year to meet all of you and able to get together a very small donation of samples and travel sizes. Since I was not able to get downtown to donate to the Old Brewery Mission or Sun Youth, I gave it to my older sister who works at a residence for seniors who are incapable of taking care of themselves. They loved trying out new products.

Thank you all for the great tips and tricks throughout the year. I hope to make a bigger donation next year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information