User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Off topic but really need advice if anyone has some to offer...where can you get non-damaging quality hair extensions done (or wigs) at a reasonable price? Good friend was going through a tough time, took scissors, and hacked off her long hair (she hasn't had short hair since she was a young child). Now she can't even look at herself in the mirror... so very sad!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

My hair dresser had some in that are good for about 6 weeks before needing removal and replacement. Not cheap, but looks very natural. PM me if you want their salon details. Also your friend can buy extensions that go in with clips at images and shades. Another option is to buy her own extensions and have someone put them in. MUCH cheaper option. Don't get the ones at the mall. They are very expensive and not good quality. She may need to put up with a pony tail and use an extension there for a longer look for a while, for the cheapest option. maybe this is a good opportunity for your friend to go very trendy with tinsel or feather extension also.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

there's some really nice and natural clip in ones I used for a client of mine for her wedding. I think it was $140 for it. It's real hair so you can use hot tools on it. Depending where you are in the city I can always take you to the wholesalers and get it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Back in July I got the brain wave to cut my hair... I went to Supercuts,where a very inexperienced girl hacked it to shreds.

I opted for hair extensions with my regular stylist. As much as I liked having some length back... it was costly. Not only that,all though there were real human hair extensions.. there so dry and brittle.The best look i could achieve was a crappy ponytail.
    The hair was $300. And to put them in was 180/hr for a total of 360... and then another 140 to remove 8 weeks later... I decided not to put them back in because I simply couldnt afford it.
    Thats a grand total of $800 for two months of hair.If she can afford it,good luck... too rich for my blood...
    Maybe try the clip ins... might be less hassle... and cheaper.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Depends on how short but I do non damaging weave in kind extensions. I charge $100 to put them in and she would need to purchase the hair but I can go with her to get the right color and stuff
    Connecting moms through modern Prenatal, Mom & Baby and Mom & Tot programs.

Www.mommyconnections.ca/Edmonton-West
    www.facebook.com/mommyconnections.edmontonwest

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow... where were you when I needed ya Mrsjen... what a fantastic price!

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Ha ha. I used to charge the $300-$600 when I worked in a salon but now I just have a mini salon in my basement and do it for fun not a living.... So I don't have to charge an outrageous price. Ha ha

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    160 (100%)

thanks for all of the info guys Mrs Jen, I will send you a pm regarding your very generous offer!!!

Merry Christmas everyone and all the best for 2012

Krystal
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

mrs jen...where would one go to get the hair? What is the typical cost of the hair? Ive always wanted extensions because my hair will not grow...no matter how long i leave it, what shampoo, what cut ect...just never ever had long hair.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

It's called images and shades. They are all over the city and you don't need a liscense to go in. Hair can range from $60 to $400 depending on quality, length and color. I honestly say go for the cheaper hair for first time, see if you like them. If you do, buy the expensive stuff because you can use it multiple times.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I find that the ones I have ordered off of Ebay has latest 3x longer than any brought at a store && are under $50

Thread Information