User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My phone picks up homezones in places they don't advertise having them too so if you are close to an existing one, check around

Niagara Falls for example was a homezone for about 3 months before they showed it as one on their site
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Actually, I have called them a few times, not waited and they answered all of my questions, when I changed my plan he even asked if I wanted to wait til my billing date so that I didnt lose out on that month's service charge since a new plan starts a new billing date
    I have got good service from them the few times I've called them . But the good thing is that I almost never have to call them since my bill is the same constatnt bill every month ..unlike Bell , Rogers , Telus ..I don't get surprise hidden charges like roaming , long distance , out of zone fees etc & all other non sense when I check my WIND bill

Most people who call Bell , Rogers , Telus etc call them to argue about all these crap charges that appear on their bill ..with Mobilicity , Wind Mobile & Public Mobile atleast you don't dread your cell phone bill everytime you receive it

After being screwed by the BIG 3 for ages I am glad finally we have some competition from Wind Mobile , Mobilicity & Public Mobile . I hope all 3 of them expand & do really well & give the BIG 3 a run for their money

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My bill does occasionally have extra charges because I do occasionally stray from my home zone, but I am aware of the charges
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Very happy I switched to Wind!

I signed up for this plan with them last year - it was a lifetime plan (no fee increase unless you make changes to the plan). I now pay less for unlimited phone/data than I used to pay just for basic Fido cell. They are still working on their coverage area but for my use (Toronto/Hamilton) its been great. Their coverage has improved in the past year and they are working on improving dead spots within Home Zones. Their coverage map is not accurate so if you want to check out signal strength in your area go to coveragemapper.com

Fortunately I had no contract with Fido, but know a few people who cancelled their plans to make the switch. The savings with Wind will cover the cancellation fee pretty quickly.

I don't know how long the deal is on for, but if you want to port your existing number call your current service provider and post-date your cancellation. If you don't you'll be charged for a month of service on top of any cancellation fees as they require 30-days notice. I wasn't told about this when I cancelled and filed a complaint with the CCTA (CRTC). I ended up getting a refund.

Phones aren't subsidized like the other providers. I think I paid $150 for my BB but with their WindTab program I get a $4 credit each month. So, as long as I stay with them I'll get the phone cost back in 3 years which is equivalent to a contract elsewhere. The benefit is that you can leave anytime without cancellation fees. Wind phones are not compatible with other providers and vice versa so you must get a new phone from Wind or T-Mobile in US (if Wind doesn't have model you want and you don't mind paying full price).

Wind's text coverage does not include short codes (15 cents). US roaming is only 25 cents. I have my bb set up so that data is off while roaming to avoid extra fees. The cost of calls outside the home zone is pretty cheap too.

Customer service has improved greatly since last year. Fortunately I rarely have to call. For best service find a corporate Wind kiosk/store. Some are dealers so can't offer some services. I have had good experiences with Erin Mills Town Centre and Sherway Gardens kiosks. Erin Mills transferred the contacts from my old phone. Other locations might not.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

deleted
    Last edited by abfab; Mon, Dec 19th, 2011 at 11:08 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This $200 offer cannot be combined with the Holiday Miracle plan according to the terms and conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    They have a $ 200 credit if you sign up with them . It might cover some of your cancellation fees with Virgin .

http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/Ho...utmk=174271778

Wind Mobile will apply this $ 200 credit to your monthly plan over 24 months in monthly installments

Some plans are excluded from this $ 200 credit offer .

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by abfab View Post
    filed a complaint with the CCTA (CRTC). I ended up getting a refund.
    It's the CCTS. And it's not the CRTC at all.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I signed up on a business plan with Telus this week, left mobilicity just after 6 months. I highly recommand not to go with either Wind or Mobilicity. Plans are cheap for a reason. Reception is horrible in Calgary, drop calls for longer calls, data speed is dead slow...1-2MB/s...I get 10+Mb/s with Telus now with the same phone.

The plan is nice on paper but it is pretty useless and unreliable.
    Alberta Auto, Home, Business and Travel Insurance Broker
    http://www.1upinsurance.com/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think if Bell or Rogers was offering this it would cost you your first born child.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

My Rogers plan is up so time to do some shopping for the best deal. Thanks for the post OP.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rattleandhumm View Post
    WOW. I wish they were in the maritimes. I have been dreaming about a plan like that. Im guessing that equivalent plan on Bell would be about $1000.00 per month.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

To give you an idea

WIND+ comparable plans as of Dec 8th, 2011

Virgin - Unlimited calling & text $50 + data (1G = $20 / 3G = $30 / extra 2c per MB)

Bell - 300 mins / 2GB data $65 or 1000 mins / 4GB data (unlimited text is free option, but can be replaced with unlimited eves/weekends / double anytime mins)

Rogers - 200 mins / unlimited text / 2GB $62.75 (+1GB = $10)

Fido - 500 mins / unlimited text / unlimited eves/weekends 1GB data $80

Telus - 300 mins / unlimited family calling / unlimited text
    Up to 1 GB $65 / 1 GB to 2 GB $85 / 2 GB to 5 GB $105
    ~ ~ ~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Promotional Plan has been extended till Dec. 31 - 2011

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Plan has been extended till Jan 8 .

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

I am on the fence... they have great packages... but heres the deal, I am on the outside of the coverage by 1 street in my city!! so for me I would get charged extra for talking on my cell, the minute they have better coverage than we are switiching... we have phones that work on any GSM network

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information