User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Enjoy every minute because it goes so quick!

I`m back at work tomorrow after a wonderful year off. I appreciated this mat leave much more then my, knowing it would probably be my last (unless I can convince my DH for 3! - or we win the lottery!)

It was truly amazing to watch a 2 year old become 3 and a newborn become 1. We are so lucky to live in Canada and have this wonderful opportunity.

And as a friend told me `the days may seem long, but the years go so quick`

...and I`m anxious as heck about going back to work tomorrow, couldn`t sleep last night!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by ame555; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2012 at 08:51 AM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

glad you got to enjoy both your kids for a year
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I'm mat leave now and I have a 7 year old and a 4 year old. Wish I could stay home for them but at least I get the summer! I'm going back August 1st although I could tag my summer vacation to it and go back end of August. I totally know what you mean!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I'm on mat leave right now with my first, and I can't believe how fast it's gone by already (2 months). I thought I'd miss work, how wrong I was, I know by the time I have to go back to work come November I won't want to ^^;

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I go back mid June.... Can't even think about it right now... I can't imagine not being home with my little boy every day.
    pinkflowergirl86

RRLF most baby related coupons! PM me!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I go back to work end of Oct 2012 - I love being home w/ DS #1 (3 1/2 yrs) and DS#2 (2 mths) and really want to stay @ home.. but don't think we can unless we win BIG $$.

DH and I are already wanting #3.

Ame - good luck on ur 1st day!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Yup, kiddos sure grow up fast

I have started mat leave but we are waiting for our new bundle of love to arrive. I was fortunate to be a SAHM up until preschool age with DS#1 so yeah the time definitely goes fast!!!

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I've been back to work from mat leave for a whole year now. It goes by so fast! I can't believe my DD is almost two.

This past year I've been so lucky. My boss/work have let me work half days/part time so I can still spend most days with DD and continue BF'ing her too

My first day back at work was crazy- we'd been at the hospital all the night before as the DD had a crazy high fever. I was so tired and worried! I called home a lot She was fine, but I hated not being there...
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

i was always pretty upset to go back to work but once i got back into it, i am happy to be working too. i love my job. id stay home with the boys if it was an option but since it isnt i enjoy working.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I go back to work in 3 weeks after being home with my 3rd (I have an 8, 3 and almost 1 year old), and probably, last baby. I'm already sad thinking about it and don't like talking about it when people ask. I'm anxious about having the energy to do all the home stuff after working all day. I've been searching out lots of crock pot recipes and recently found an AMAZING site if anyone is interested (don't know if it would be ok to post here).

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

So true the years fly so fast. Best of luck as you return to work.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    20 (95%)

Yes it goes by so quickly the year I had off with my son went so quickly. I am very excited to go on mat leave again.
    Happy Holidays

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Let us know how your doing...I go back in two weeks and I'm trying not to cry right now. My daugter is just getting over a nasty cold and is still not eating like she used too and to top it off she only takes a bottle when she feels like it. I'm still BF and trying to wean her off but when she got sick that went out the window. I'm really worried that she will not be ready in two weeks which makes so much more stressful....Thanks for listening

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Well I survived. Anxiety mainly arose from work inself and the changes that happened at work over the year etc. Kids adjusted great (my husband was home for the week) now tomorrow will be the challenge as we start daycare.

My DD survived all day without nursing but two nights I nursed a lot through the night, which made the next day hard at work. I'll keep nursing for a bit, but as she's 13 months I'm not feeling too guilty if I stop.

Thanks everyone for your kinds words!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetproserpina View Post
    I've been back to work from mat leave for a whole year now. It goes by so fast! I can't believe my DD is almost two.

This past year I've been so lucky. My boss/work have let me work half days/part time so I can still spend most days with DD and continue BF'ing her too

My first day back at work was crazy- we'd been at the hospital all the night before as the DD had a crazy high fever. I was so tired and worried! I called home a lot She was fine, but I hated not being there...

Wonderful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information