User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    48 (100%)

COME AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!!! Men are invited but there won't be any clothes unless you are swapping for your wife.

I am doing a major closet cleaning. Some of the clothes have never even been worn. I work at Winners so they are good quality clothes. I was wondering if some ladies would be interested in getting together for a clothing swap. The more the merrier. The better selection and sizes. Leftovers will go to the WIN Womens Shelter.

If you want to swap coupons feel free to do so as well. I am just getting back into the swing of things so I don't really have anything to swap but bring your binders, boxes, clothes, and a snack and lets have a good time! I will do it at my house in the Park as long as no one is scared of dogs they are small, friendly but a little hyper (30lbs and 17lbs but they do not shed).

I have also decided that since there are many Smart Canuckers on here that have their on own home-based businesses that they may come as well. I am not sure what I will do about an admittance fee but it is definitely no pushing and it may end up just bringing a catalogue and some business cards.

Let me know if you are allergic to dog or cat hair or have one.
    Please no smokers (unless you can honestly get the smell out - if not bring coupons or stamps!)
    Clothes must be clean and good to excellent condition and current or vintage.
    Accessories are welcome with the exception of earrings (health issues)
    Shoes are welcome (smelly are not!)
    Please bring quality clothes not just bags of Joe, George to keep everything fair
    Any season is fine.
    If you are looking for kids clothes let us and maybe someone will have some for you. Please bring your unwanted kids clothes as I will be donating any that are not taken (no stains or rips please)
    PLEASE BRING A SNACK OR BEVERAGE OF SOME SORT.
    Let me know if Saturday or Sunday works best.
    If there is something you would really like let us know perhaps one of us would be willing to part with it.

I THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT CHANCE FOR A SMART CANUCK GET TOGETHER AND IT WOULD MAKE ME CLEAN MY HOUSE!!! I AM HOPING TO DO THIS IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS SO I WILL NEED TO BOOK SUNDAY OFF IF IT IS THE PREFERRED DAY. SATURDAYS I HAVE OFF.
    This thread is currently associated with: Winners
    Last edited by alwaysdaddysgirl; Thu, Jan 5th, 2012 at 03:51 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

sounds like a great idea! Gotta check if I have anything!

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

If anyone has a different charity they collect women's clothing for I would be happy to donate the extra clothing to that charity. I have tomorrow off and will be raiding my closet but I already have several items ready to go! Can't wait to meet you Kayma. Let me know if Saturday or Sunday works best. Feel free to invite your friends, the more the merrier.
    Last edited by alwaysdaddysgirl; Wed, Jan 4th, 2012 at 12:42 AM.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Try win house women's shelter. A lot of the women leave without anything.
    Connecting moms through modern Prenatal, Mom & Baby and Mom & Tot programs.

Www.mommyconnections.ca/Edmonton-West
    www.facebook.com/mommyconnections.edmontonwest

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Thanks Mrsjen. Would love if you could join us!

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I would love to but have two cats and a dog! Ha ha ha!

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Not to mention I just gave like two garbage bags full to my neighbour not long ago! So I wouldn't have much to give...

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsjen View Post
    I would love to but have two cats and a dog! Ha ha ha!
    Sorry misread your original post... Disregard this post. Ha ha

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I figure the fairest way to do this is to let the person with most clothes choose first and go down the line. You can earn bonus points by helping me rebuild my non- existent coupon binder (no kids, pets, feminine hygiene) or by bringing size 12 and up girls clothes (dance and street). They must be VERY slim fitting (most elastic pants don't even fit her) and size 5 shoes for her. She is 8 so must be appropriate.

We will keep going through the list until everyone is done. You can bring a friend without any clothes but they will take your turn unless they bring stamps, coupons). If you have something useful sitting around your house but have no use for feel free to bring it. We got a new bullet but the old one works fine so I will bring it.

I also have a lovely Jennifer Lopez lavender wool coat that doesn't fit but you may want to get dry-cleaned. It isn't necessary I would leave it until next season. For coats or other expensive items as longs as they are wearable and odor-free the new owner can pay for the dry-cleaning.

So you come with just coupons or stamps. 3 coupons equals (no doubles) 1 item. Please make them useable.

I am also saying good-bye to a pair of Diesel boots and an unused pair of Hillary Radley Dark Red Pumps.
    Last edited by alwaysdaddysgirl; Thu, Jan 5th, 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Geee this sounds like a great idea and i could def. use a swap my clothes are still new for the most part but not really my attire anymore as i went from career woman to mommy hood....and my kids would definetly benefit from it too.... but i guess i will have to wait for one that i can go to as you have eliminated me from this one ... thats too bad cuz it depends on what type of laundry soap and how the person takes care of the clothes for them to smell... and it not come out but thats ur choice.. so i will watch for the next one - but great idea..

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponcrazy86 View Post
    Geee this sounds like a great idea and i could def. use a swap my clothes are still new for the most part but not really my attire anymore as i went from career woman to mommy hood....and my kids would definetly benefit from it too.... but i guess i will have to wait for one that i can go to as you have eliminated me from this one ... thats too bad cuz it depends on what type of laundry soap and how the person takes care of the clothes for them to smell... and it not come out but thats ur choice.. so i will watch for the next one - but great idea..
    Are you a smoker? Is that why you are eliminated? If you think that you can get the smell out than you are welcome to join. Maybe most of the people I know just don't know how to properly take care of their clothes or even care. You could probably hang them out on your clothes line. Too bad it wasn't a little warmer or I would be doing that to save some money on electricity!

You can also bring coupons or stamps for extra points.
    Please Sat or Sun and the size and gender of your kids.
    Invite your friends
    Last edited by alwaysdaddysgirl; Wed, Jan 4th, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I would also like to add that kids clothes are free as well as the misc items such as the bullet unless there is a demand for it, you don't have to use your turn. If you have kids you know how fast they grow and how much new clothes cost. The point of this event is to have a good time first trade clothes and coupons second and perhaps help some SAHMS. Any extra kids clothes will also go to Win house if they accept them (if anyone knows please let me know).
    Last edited by alwaysdaddysgirl; Wed, Jan 4th, 2012 at 02:44 PM.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Thank you for getting back to me and including me into your trade.. i def will look at my schedule to see if it works for me thank you again

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Don't forget to let us know the size and genders of your kids. I am thinking 2 - 4 weeks depending on the response. I would a good turn out. Feel free to bring guests. As long as they bring a snack as well! Time to see what we can come up with with what is left in our stockpiles.

Quote Originally Posted by couponcrazy86 View Post
    Thank you for getting back to me and including me into your trade.. i def will look at my schedule to see if it works for me thank you again

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I donate regularly to win house women's shelter so would be happy to take any donations...I am not in the same size range as you but would love to trade coupons
    Rika

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information