User Tag List

Thread: My stock pile

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am quite new to couponing and love being involved with smartcanucks online! My question to you people is how often do you go through your stock pile and take out the old and expired and how often do you clean it? And what do you use when you clean it (soap & water )?
    Would love some feed back on this!
    Thanks from a fellow couponer
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

not sure what were cleaning. but for the most part our stockpile is small. and it never lasts long enough to do that. im sure if i had the space for more SP to store. i'd probably do it about once a week- month. just to make sure. i told hubby that someday this year im going to have my own stockpile to brag about.. he looked at me like i had two heads. LMAO.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sounds good my pile is getting bigger so I'll try the once a month clean for now.My husband thinks I'm nuts too when it comes to couponing!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiepet View Post
    That sounds good my pile is getting bigger so I'll try the once a month clean for now.My husband thinks I'm nuts too when it comes to couponing!
    you have no idea how many people make fun of me then text me later and ask me for coupons. im serious. My boyfriend thinks it's awesome but he wont go coupon for me.

Regarding the stockpile- I have 3 shelves, and 2- 5 drawer carts full of beautly products. I just run over it with a feather duster if it looks dusty, but I use a lot of stuff and rotate it when I get new stuff, so it doesn't get too bad.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I mark down the stuff that has a shorter shelf life but not, for example, cans that can last a long time.

I don't really clean the shelves other than passing a rag to get rid of dust. I have those metal shelves from Costco so dust doesn't really settle on it. Just the products. And I don't even pass a rag all that often. Maybe every couple of months. I always wipe something before opening though, so that's probably why I can't be bothered to do things twice, lol.

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Funny you should mention this my DH is reorganizing the stock pile right now while I am travelling on business.

We have one for food in a pantry closet and one for non-food items in our basement (just shelving units in each). Before his reorganization, we ended up with some of each type in both shelves so now we are going to try to keep them separated. Basically just dust them and try to keep them organized, once per year the annual clear out, though in the past I didn't really have enough to justify a re-org.

We don't keep a lot, but there are some items that have a long expiration period (or don't have one, like tp or paper towels) that I have stocked up with deals I got here or in the States.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Thread Information