User Tag List

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

4L any kind of Lactantia Purfiltre milk is on for $3.99 at Food Basics. There's also a coupon floating around (got mine at IGA) for $1 WUB1
    = $2.99 for 4L of milk! And, imo, good milk. No "barnyard" taste.

Also, does anyone have any experiences to share/tips re: freezing bagged milk? I am tempted to stock up beyond what our fridge will hold, since we could probably buy 12L for what it normally costs us for 4L, but my husband doesn't want our house "to become like a grocery store edition of Hoarders"

I've also got a few extra coupons, would love to trade someone for more $1 WUB2 egg coupons.
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics, IGA

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Hey Hockeypuck,

I saw in your other post you're looking for those VH booklets - I was wondering if you'd trade the milk coupons for the VH booklets? I've got a few extra and can probably still pick up a few depending on how many you're looking for.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

PM'd you - thanks!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypuck View Post
    4L any kind of Lactantia Purfiltre milk is on for $3.99 at Food Basics. There's also a coupon floating around (got mine at IGA) for $1 WUB1
    = $2.99 for 4L of milk! And, imo, good milk. No "barnyard" taste.

Also, does anyone have any experiences to share/tips re: freezing bagged milk? I am tempted to stock up beyond what our fridge will hold, since we could probably buy 12L for what it normally costs us for 4L, but my husband doesn't want our house "to become like a grocery store edition of Hoarders"

I've also got a few extra coupons, would love to trade someone for more $1 WUB2 egg coupons.
    I freeze milk all the time; DH doesn't use very much milk, but we like to buy the 4L size as it's much cheaper. It freezes very well for a month or two. In my experience, the lower the milk fat percentage, the better it freezes, as the milk fat tends to separate out when frozen. Going for 1% or skim would be the best bet. You can thaw it in the fridge, or to get it thawed quickly, just put the frozen bag in a bowl of cool water on your counter. Give it a shake when it's halfway thawed to help get the fats redistributed into the milk.

Good luck

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Wow that IS a good deal...makes me think i should go across to Ottawa to pick up milk!!
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I got in on the deal too. One note about frozen milk: it does take a while to thaw, so it might be helpful to pull a bag out a few days before you think you'll need it.
    Simple Cheap Mom

Earn Amazon and Pay Pal giftcards for surfing the Internet! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/addsup

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Note:

Looks like FreshCo will have this same deal next week Yay - time to use up those Lactancia coupons that expire at the end of January

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Holy, that IS a good deal- now to find some of those coupons, lol
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Woo hoo! Thanks Skittles. We were just running out of homogenized...time to use my last two Jan 31st coupons... At this rate I think it might be more economical for me to get my own dairy farm.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

I have 5x that expire Jun-30-2012
    ...up for trade, lf Aeroplan PINs, Stouffer/Lean Cuisine PINs, or Pampers codes.

Thread Information