User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Freebies from your doctor!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have gotten a 6 pack of tylenol from a Doctor once. I also got the Neil Med Sinus Rinse starter pack from a Dr. and the hospital always gives me a ton of pedialyte to take home when I bring my kids there if they are really sick.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Just a reminder to everyone, most prescription medication can be used past the expiry date. There was an article posted about that a while ago. I thought it was quite interesting. If i find that article again i will post it here.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by karenlztt View Post
    Go to your local Health Unit.(I live in Ontario) They can give you birth control pills for free. I was on the pills for 5 years and never had to pay anything for them. (I had no money) They also give out free condoms. They even give out the good non-latex condoms if you ask for them.
    Was going to post the same. And since you already pay for public health services in your taxes, may as well use them.

Free from my doctor - coupons.
    Company reps have put coupons for Cheerios and Becel ProActive in the waiting room.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhilde View Post
    Yeah they can.. I remember bc was $21 a pack per month without a plan or insurance. That was almost 5 years ago.. I wonder if its higher now...
    Wow! $21 for ONE pack? Jeez! I pay $20 for 3 months worth!

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    Wow! $21 for ONE pack? Jeez! I pay $20 for 3 months worth!
    Yea when i was on it it was close to 20 a pack too.. or more. Its priiiicey.
    <3<3 My girls are my wold <3<3
    ALWAYS looking for Enfamil coupons good on Soy.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I believe that Costco has some of the lowest dispensing fees around and according to some research I've done, you don't need a membership to take advantage of the low fees. You may want to double check and call them to make sure before you head out and try.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xlissa View Post
    Yea when i was on it it was close to 20 a pack too.. or more. Its priiiicey.
    Seems like everyone but me is paying that price! I wonder why everyone else is paying 3x as much as I am?

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

I always get Freebies from my Doc too, last visit they gave me a bunch of sample size bottle of Spectro face wash

As for the price of birth control--I've never really checked the receipts since my insurance covers all of it. BUT I do get Diclectin when I'm expecting a baby (severe pregnancy related nausea) and happened to notice that one month's worth is over $250!! I couldn't believe that...

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole013 View Post
    For cheaper birth control pills, you can always contact Planned Parenthood. There used to be a video you have to watch, and a short interview, but I don't know if they do that any more.

Price list for Toronto area: http://www.ppt.on.ca/userfiles//Plan...pr10%20_2_.pdf

(In BC Planned Parenthood is now Options for Sexual Health)
    Quote Originally Posted by karenlztt View Post
    Go to your local Health Unit.(I live in Ontario) They can give you birth control pills for free. I was on the pills for 5 years and never had to pay anything for them. (I had no money) They also give out free condoms. They even give out the good non-latex condoms if you ask for them.
    These in Winnipeg are called Klinic with a K. They give you free birth control, condoms, STD tests, and pregnancy tests.

My doctor never gives me anything free! I think i'm switching doctors!!!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    Just a little tip on prescriptions, but I heard years ago that each time you have a prescription filled the Pharmacy charges a dispensing fee. If you have a regular prescription that you need filled, you can get your Dr. to write it out so that it is filled in 3 or 6 month increments. So if you have medication that you need to get monthly, instead of paying 12 dispensing charges to the pharmacy a year you would only pay 4 (on the 3 month refills) per year or 2 (on the 6 month refills).
    I tried that at shoppers before.. asked for 6 months (instead of 3 which they usually fill at once) worth and they actually charged me TWICE for the dispensing fee! I don't see how grabbing 3 packs from the cupboard is any different than grabbing 6 packs??
    Join Swagbucks Free amazon gift cards just for searching the net! Clickhere.
    TRADE LIST.... need to update sorry!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

My doctor will give you samples if you ask for them, but he doesn't usually volunteer them-haha!

Although I have to say that I've had the same dr for about 25 years and when I was on birth control he gave it to me for free for years. I guess he figured poor young girl with no insurance can't afford the $20/month--which I couldn't!!

denise

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I order the samples at the clinic that I work at.

I try and bring in samples to appeal to anyone like Mrs Dash, All Bran, Aveeno cream, Cural cream, nedi pots, spectro cleaners, baby formula. The doctors deal with the prescription medication samples.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yeah sometimes. Only if he is in a good mood.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing, I'll ask next time if my doctor has a few extra samples
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Shoppers is the worst when it comes to dispensing fees.
    Costco, however is amazing and the cheapest in the city at less than $4.
    You don't need a membership, just tell the door person you're going to the pharmacy.
    They'll ask for a membership card at checkout, but just tell them you don't have one and they will scan a generic one for you!

My family doctor is actually a friend of ours, so we never buy over the counter meds.
    A member of my family works at a pharmacy...soooo again, lots of sample packets of meds, Netipots, Spectro samples etc. Its totally awesome because sample packs of Advil really come in handy!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information