User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My first attempt at big savings and I'm proud of my haul. Did the following at Sav-On this week:

Febreeze Home Collection diffuser 1x $15, on clearance for $7.75, minus $4 coupon = $3.75.

Free Green Giant frozen veg. WUB Hamburger Helper: hamburger helper on sale for $2.79, used coupon and rec'd full price value of vegetables back ($3.99)! Cashier was concerned that I was getting too good of a value and confirmed with customer service who OK'd it (cashier seemed new and flustered by coupons). I bought 2 of each, so 2 hamburger helpers and 2 bags of vegetables and RECEIVED an overage of $3.99 since the cashier didn't ring in one bag of veggies but rang in the coupon for it! (note: the two boxes I bought also contain the same coupon on each box ... so I might go back again!)

Free Special K bars WUB any Special K cereal: cereal on sale for $3.99, bars on sale for $2.50, but then cashier entered coupon for full value of $3.99 so I rec'd an overage of $1.49. Rec'd both products for $2.50!

Oasis juice free with FPC - hoped to somehow get an overage since the juice was on sale ... but did not.

What a great day of shopping!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by saveallen; Sat, Jan 14th, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
    Allen
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I earned $15 in Amazon gift cards last week - you can too at Swagbucks:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/saveallen

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

How did you make an overage? How much were the veggies?

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

congrats!!!
    Andrea
    My Blog: http://andreasfitness.blogspot.com

I joined Swagbucks and made $25 in 3 weeks! Its so easy! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rhiannon1891

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Pinkypie - sorry, I updated my post to make it more clear. The veggies were $3.99. However, cashier only rang in one bag. So, when she rang in both coupons, I rec'd a $3.99 overage. I paid $5.58 for the 2 boxes of hamburger help, rec'd the 2 bags of veggies with a $3.99 overage, so paid a total of $1.59 for all four items.
    Allen

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Those coupons are for "up to $3.99" and they should not be given you overages on the item as the store is then claiming more from the company than they actually sell the product for. If the coupon is for $4 off vegetables, then an overage is possible at Wal-Mart, but as far as I know every other store will adjust the coupon down and do not give overages. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, the cashiers did. But I wouldn't try to push to get an overage again as errors like this are why companies are making stricter coupon rules. Plus, if the cashier didn't ring in a product and you notice, it's technically dishonest so I wouldn't post about it. Companies and employees do read these brags and will crack down if they find out that people are cheating the system...which is why I'm guessing that stacking is coming to an end.
    Last edited by corbinx; Sat, Jan 14th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by corbinx View Post
    Those coupons are for "up to $3.99" and they should not be given you overages on the item as the store is then claiming more from the company than they actually sell the product for. If the coupon is for $4 off vegetables, then an overage is possible at Wal-Mart, but as far as I know every other store will adjust the coupon down and do not give overages. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, the cashiers did. But I wouldn't try to push to get an overage again as errors like this are why companies are making stricter coupon rules. Plus, if the cashier didn't ring in a product and you notice, it's technically dishonest so I wouldn't post about it. Companies and employees do read these brags and will crack down if they find out that people are cheating the system...which is why I'm guessing that stacking is coming to an end.
    +1!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I wasn't expecting any overages, so was surprised to get them for the cereal bars. To be clear, I didn't ask for nor did I push for anything extra. ;-)

The veggies were sold for $3.99 (it was the shelf price), so the deduction was correct and written on the coupon by the cashier correctly. Her mistake was that she didn't ring up both bags of veggies. Even without this mistake, I was happy for the coupon itself -- buying a product on sale for $2.79 and getting a product worth $3.99 for free. It was an amazing coupon to have and I was proud to find the sale on which to use it.

In both instances, I didn't realize cashier overages/errors until I got home and sat down with my receipt to review my savings. I was surprised to notice how the transactions were rung up, like I said the overages I rec'd were applied inconsistently between the cereal bars and oasis juice.

Anyway, it was one of my first times using these type of coupons and wanted to share my experience. I was excited by using the coupons in combination with store sales/clearance - can really help maximize savings. I'll make sure to keep a closer eye on the cashier next time.
    Last edited by saveallen; Sat, Jan 14th, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Allen

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by corbinx View Post

I had an unpleasant experience at walmart last week when using an FPC oasis. The cashier rang in the juice and then looked at my coupon and decided she needed to call the csm. Well csm comes and puts in the full $3.89 off of my juice, even though it was nowhere near $3.89. I asked her why she did this, and she very rudely told that it has always been walmarts policy to give overages. I said yes, I know that but not on an FPC. She pulls out the policy and shows me the line that says "if amount of coupon exceeds value of product, overage will be given.... yadda yadda". I told her that it didn't make any sense and she should just take the amount of the product off of my bill, and she said I must have just started couponing, because a 'seasoned' couponer would have known that rule already.

WTF?!?! She made me feel like a complete idiot over nothing.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Welcome to couponing.. your life will never be the same
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Thread Information