User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The Beauty Box Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glossy looks like a lot of hair stuff, but if you stare at it (and I have, lol), you just wind up with the company's "system". I have the Wella, Shampoo, deep treatment and something else. I wouldn't buy all three full sized to try out, but I've tried all three samples, iykwim?

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I caved and subscribed to Glossy. lol Now I have three boxes coming to me this month, and only two starting July (if I decide to keep the Glossy subscription, I've cancelled Luxe)
    eta: I really like when these boxes have beauty profiles to fill out... Glymm didn't have that when I subscribed to them.
    Last edited by xox2010; Sat, May 19th, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I saw a post on the Glossy Box Facebook that they are packing them up. Wish Luxe Box would give some sort of update - at least to say sorry they are late, getting a little frustrated by that and really thinking about cancelling. Been really happy with Loose Button for the most part - but this sort of thing really irks me and I have to figure out how to cut back on my beauty boxes somehow haha.

After seeing the Glymm Box this morning I am slightly disappointed I gave up on that one, but the April box was so terrible. Can't wait for my June topbox, from the looks of it it might be here before April Luxe. hah
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I just got my May luxebox today If you go on there website, it says they are being shipped out from the 22 - 25th... I didn't even get a tracking number for my box lol it just showed up today...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    I just got my May luxebox today If you go on there website, it says they are being shipped out from the 22 - 25th... I didn't even get a tracking number for my box lol it just showed up today...
    YAY! I snooped their facebook and found a spoiler, hope I get what they got - I LOVED one item and it would make it worth it haha. It will be a while before mine shows up - damn west cost haha.
    xox2010 likes this.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
    I saw a post on the Glossy Box Facebook that they are packing them up. Wish Luxe Box would give some sort of update - at least to say sorry they are late, getting a little frustrated by that and really thinking about cancelling. Been really happy with Loose Button for the most part - but this sort of thing really irks me and I have to figure out how to cut back on my beauty boxes somehow haha.

After seeing the Glymm Box this morning I am slightly disappointed I gave up on that one, but the April box was so terrible. Can't wait for my June topbox, from the looks of it it might be here before April Luxe. hah
    It'll be interesting to see if Glymm can keep it up. They started out really well and went rapidly down hill. I'm wondering if this is how the bag version will carry on.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I got my Luxe Box yesterday - it was pretty good. Still no tracking number for Glossy. Trying not to read other people's reviews but it's hard haha.
    my blog - imonglue.com

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got my Glossy today, never got a tracking number... Got a tracking number for Luxe and I was supposed to get it today with express post but I didn't recive it. My Glossy box is very good as usual!
    Get 5 deluxe beauty products sample each month for 21$
    with
    Glossybox
    , please clic to subscribe!!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Yeah, I got my glossy yesterday with no tracking number ever being sent. Great box!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I get Glymm and Luxe right now. I've been happy with Glymm so far -- love most of the stuff in the box, plus their customer service has been wonderful.

Luxe? Not so much. I signed up for 3 months, and when it auto-renewed I'd only actually received one box. As of last week I cancelled, but I'll be getting two more before it's over... enough time for them to redeem themselves?

In my (now) 4 boxes, I've had missing product, the wrong First-in-Line product, a busted/leaking package, the exact same shampoo samples 3 times (TWO in one box, counting as two of my four products!) The exact same perfume twice... and every month has had perfumes. I asked for a perfume-free box (as I was told you could do) since I'm allergic. They ignore phone calls and e-mails. If they do respond, it has nothing to do with your question or concern.

And to top it off, last month was a Pantene sample (free from P&G in the brandsampler)... that is NOT a freaking DELUXE beauty sample. And this month it was Olay. The special "mom" box is a joke -- another mini Olay (also free in the brandsampler) bouncing around in a huge box all on it's own.

So for $12 per month I've MAYBE received one usable product in a month. Luckily enough, two of those were full size. The rest were all small, and so not worth it. But their customer service pisses me off to no end. So glad I cancelled.

I'll stick with Glymm. I'm waiting for Top Box. I might join Julep next month.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I was pretty ticked off about the P&G stuff in the Luxe Box too. But for the most part the boxes have been pretty good... for me anyway. Totally agree about the perfumes tho - they send WAY too many. I haven't cancelled Luxe yet but I probably will before it renews next month. I have to try and cut down to 1 box.

Looks like my Glossybox won't be here until the 5th. That is a bit disappointing.
    my blog - imonglue.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My GB was in the superbox today. I got the concealer, would have loved the lipstick. So if anyone wants to swap....?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Received the Loose Button P&G Thank you, Mom Luxe Box I won last month. If only every month's box could be this full!
    Name:  DSC06653.JPG
Views: 671
Size:  36.0 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to the GlossyBox party last week and just posted pics on my blog if anyone wants to take a look! I'm also giving away a GlossyBox for anyone interested http://linerglittergloss.com/2012/06...arty-montreal/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Topboxes have been shipped - getting my first one tomorrow! Can't wait, hopefully it's as good as it's been before!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information