User Tag List

Thread: SJ Energy

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Has anyone had a problem with billing or pre-authorized debit from SJ Energy?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No, I haven't ever had problems with them. I'm not on pre-authorized debit; I just pay whatever my monthly bill is.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Well if you have pre-authorized debit and electronic billing (I receive my bill via email) there is a problem with their system. Your pre-authorized debit payment may be different than what you receive on your electronic bill. So your electronic bill may show $90.00 and they may have $110 deducted from your account due to other charges however you would not know this unless you matched up your bank statement to your electronic bill. I called them this morning about it and they don't know how many of their customers have this issue. They agree that it is a problem.

Please note that this is not a matter of them overcharging or wrong billing just that the information may not be correct on your electronic bill versus what is automatically deducted from your bank account. Could be a problem for budgeting if you are not aware that the withdrawal from your bank account may be different than what your bill actually states. Apparently this is only a problem with customers that have pre-authorized debit and receive their bill electronically not for the customers that receive a hard copy in the mail.

I started pre-authorized debit last September and have found 2 errors. When I contacted them last fall it was suppose to be fixed however it happened again. I have stopped pre-authorized payment and will go back to paying it myself directly.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jjwbuster View Post
    Well if you have pre-authorized debit and electronic billing (I receive my bill via email) there is a problem with their system. Your pre-authorized debit payment may be different than what you receive on your electronic bill. So your electronic bill may show $90.00 and they may have $110 deducted from your account due to other charges however you would not know this unless you matched up your bank statement to your electronic bill. I called them this morning about it and they don't know how many of their customers have this issue. They agree that it is a problem.

Please note that this is not a matter of them overcharging or wrong billing just that the information may not be correct on your electronic bill versus what is automatically deducted from your bank account. Could be a problem for budgeting if you are not aware that the withdrawal from your bank account may be different than what your bill actually states. Apparently this is only a problem with customers that have pre-authorized debit and receive their bill electronically not for the customers that receive a hard copy in the mail.

I started pre-authorized debit last September and have found 2 errors. When I contacted them last fall it was suppose to be fixed however it happened again. I have stopped pre-authorized payment and will go back to paying it myself directly.
    I would too...thats crazy

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow, that is crazy. Very unfortunate and would make it hard to budget. I would definitely pay it myself to. What a pain for their customers.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I received a letter of apology today and have gone to hard copy billing and no direct withdrawal. I also received a service fee charge waived.

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

Thanks for the warning about this billing method! Who needs that kind of hassel?!

Thread Information